Avatars.

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 33662
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Avatars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:04 pm

Seems Photobucket have pulled in my avatar pics because they now want to charge for hosting. Can we upload pics from our own My Pictures files as avatars on this site? If so, can't find the function to do so?

Have a look here if you use Photobucket...https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919 ... aid-update
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12391
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Avatars.

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:24 am

They haven't started charging me or deleting photos. I can pay a monthly fee and have no ads, but I declined.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 33662
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: Avatars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:24 am
They haven't started charging me or deleting photos. I can pay a monthly fee and have no ads, but I declined.
Just to be on the safe side, have a look around their terms and conditions updates on the home page Monty. Better safe than sorry...I closed my account. We used to have a link on here to transpose images from our own "My Pictures" gallery, but that seems to have gone.
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12391
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Avatars.

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:24 am
They haven't started charging me or deleting photos. I can pay a monthly fee and have no ads, but I declined.
Just to be on the safe side, have a look around their terms and conditions updates on the home page Monty. Better safe than sorry...I closed my account. We used to have a link on here to transpose images from our own "My Pictures" gallery, but that seems to have gone.
You could be right. I've forgotten what my avatar was but what appears there right now was not it. So something has happened.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12391
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Avatars.

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:38 pm

I've been able to read my new avatar (well, Worthy's actually). It says to update my account to enable third party hosting. This sounds like somethin in TW is preventing Photobuckets pics coming through. Has Crazy Horse been experimenting (with help from GtE)?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8100
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: The desert...for now

Re: Avatars.

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:38 pm
I've been able to read my new avatar (well, Worthy's actually). It says to update my account to enable third party hosting. This sounds like somethin in TW is preventing Photobuckets pics coming through. Has Crazy Horse been experimenting (with help from GtE)?
Sounds like Photobucket saying you can have 3rd party image hosting for this sort of thing, but you can now pay for the privilege or something to that effect.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 22151
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Avatars.

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm

I'll just dump mine elsewhere, shortly.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 33662
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: Avatars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm
I'll just dump mine elsewhere, shortly.
My view.
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest