The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:11 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:08 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 am
officer_dibble wrote:I reckon thats his first choice xi that he has gone with tonight.
Without ALF? I'm not saying you're wrong, and I do wonder how the wee man fits into a 4-2-3-1, but it would be a bold decision.
Yep. Super sub or use in a 442 or 352. Good to have options.
Fair enough. I'm hoping for more formational flexibility within games, and PP seems to want more depth too. Morais and ALF got us up, but that doesn't mean they're nailed-on.

irie Cee Bee
Reliable
Reliable

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 pm

So Phil has indicated that we need 5 more first team players. Most of these will come from loans from PL teams and I reckon the positions that need strengthening are:

1. Left Back : For cover to Andy Taylor
2. Centre Back: Ideally we need to have 4 in total as I believe we will be mainly playing 4-2-3-1 and not 3-5-2 which we will probably use against weaker teams at home. We already have Wheater, Beever, Dervite, and so 1 more is needed for cover.
3. Central Midfielder: A more defensive one to replace Spearing and better than Derik. Karacan, Pratley and Vela are box to box midfielders.
4. An Attacking midfielder/striker. We have only Vela to play that role and we need a number 10 to play off Madine.
5. A big # 9. Last season we saw what happened when Madine got injured. We need a similar type of player to provide him with competition.

If we are able to get those positions filled with proper players to complement the 18 first team players we already have, we may surprise quite a few people this season.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:49 am

I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

malcd1
Icon
Icon

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 am

In this mornings papers that we are after two strikers.

First is borrowed from an LOV article but one I have checked. Telegrafi are linking us with Atdhe Nuhiu from Sheffield Wednesday. Atdhe is a 6' 5" target man.
Footballer of Sheffield Wednesday and Kosovo striker Atdhe Nuhiu there is demand from major English clubs Fulham and Bolton and Spartak Moscow.

In an interview with presheva.com, Homeland has revealed his future.

"My future will be decided in mid-August. I have offers from Fulham and Bolton and also from Spartak Moscow. Everything will be decided by the middle of next month, "said PRESHEVARS striker Atdhe Nuhiu.
The second link is with Adam Armstrong from Newcastle.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wanderers/
WANDERERS are closing in on a new striker – with Newcastle United’s Adam Armstrong tipped to be Phil Parkinson’s latest arrival at the Macron Stadium.

The Bolton News understands a loan deal could be on the cards for the 20-year-old front man, who spent most of last season in the Championship with Barnsley.

Parkinson’s chances of landing Armstrong looked slim after he helped England’s Under-20s win this summer’s World Cup, as Newcastle wanted a big slice of his wage off the books.

But a compromise was reached over the last week, and it now looks increasingly likely the youngster will be starting the season in Bolton colours alongside his former Magpies team-mate Sammy Ameobi.

Parkinson has stayed tight-lipped on his targets but admits he is far from finished in the transfer market

“We need four or five players,” he told The Bolton News. “Like every deal you have to be patient but we’re working hard to get those deals done.

“As I’ve said before, you really do face competition for the attacking players.

“We’ve looked at one or two Premier League players but their clubs want them back in for the first couple of weeks of pre-season, which is normal.

“There are a couple of other players who were out of our reach earlier in the summer who are now starting to fall within our remit.

“There’s lot of things going on.”
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

malcd1
Icon
Icon

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 am

Bugger. Beat me to it Riviman.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 am

malcd1 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 am
Bugger. Beat me to it Riviman.
Better to get the news twice that not at all. And you posted quotes, which might be handy for those whose evil bosses block certain sites.

Nuhiu is 6ft 5in; Adam Armstrong is 5ft 8in.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 am

When we were "in" for targets alongside Fulham, West Ham, Celtic, Everton and Blackburn, I generally used to put them in the "paper talk" bracket. It's served me pretty well. :-)

Atdhe sounds like some excuse for "naughty children".

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Nuhiu is an even bigger lump in the Madine mould, but could do a job in a Parkinson team.

Armstrong looks like he possesses pace and an ability to finish which is something we lack!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Armstrong is cut from the same mould as sturridge. He's quick,confident and a good finisher! Hoping for the same impact as Sturridge!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:29 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:23 pm
Armstrong is cut from the same mould as sturridge. He's quick,confident and a good finisher! Hoping for the same impact as Sturridge!
He scored 6 in 34 for Barnsley last season. I mean he sounds like someone with potential, but lets not get too giddy.

I personally think a better version of Madine is most critical for us. I question how often Le Fondre will play next season, especially up front, let alone a 20 year old version.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Not getting giddy. I know from a few Newcastle supporting mates that the lad has talent! Also watched him for england. He's decent player with bags of potential. We could do alot worse
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:29 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:07 pm
Not getting giddy. I know from a few Newcastle supporting mates that the lad has talent! Also watched him for england. He's decent player with bags of potential. We could do alot worse
Not doubting that I've heard good things too. I also know young players are often overhyped by their clubs fans.

I also do wonder how often he'll get into our side.

Welcome addition though as we definitely need a couple of strikers adding.

Nicko58
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:18 pm

He reminds me a bit of Zach Clough.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

malcd1
Icon
Icon

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Adam Armstrong has arrived on a 6 month loan deal. I know nothing about him so fingers crossed.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15 ... n_signing/

malcd1
Icon
Icon

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Not a bad goal after beating Baptiste.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:10 pm

The Office Geordie:

"I love arma... not sure why hes not getting a look in rafa doesnt seem to fancy him... rapid... good vision too, got a real mix of goals in him"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Two Geordies I know really rate him too. Not sure where he goes though. Happen we are going 3-5-2.
Dayman (ah-ah-ah),
Fighter of the nightman (ah-ah-ah),
Champion of the sun (ah-ah-ah),
You're a master of karate,
And friendship,
For everyone.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 pm

4-2-4. YHIHF.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm
Not a bad goal after beating Baptiste.

as i said! pretty much the sort of goal Sturridge would score! he'll do alright with us! can see him running onto many knockdown balls! he likes to play on the shoulder!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Yeah hearing good things from toon fans as well. Young and english isnt he so that always raises expectations. Still a quick player who can finish, we haven't had someone like that for years. All these players signed under an embargo before the season starts - fair fcking play to Parky and Ken.