The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
37%
Liberal Democrats
7%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
7%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
4%
Planet Hobo
4%

Total votes: 27

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Solution to what though?

They've both said lots of cock-measuring shite - you know, the kind of stuff that get's Hoboh all moist at the prospect of a nuclear armageddon - but what's changed?

Most (I think all tbh) nuclear policies are based around deterrent, not unilateral thermonuclear strike. Despite the spunktrumpet-in-chief whipping up the Yank hoboh's, his spokesperson has actually categorically said they are basing their tactics on diplomacy. And the threat/deterrent of nuclear weapons remains just that. As it always has done, and always should.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Harry Genshaw
Icon
Icon

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:34 pm

The US have long trumpeted the notion that North Korea can't have nuclear weapons, and they particularly can't have nuclear weapons that can reach the US. Irrespective of whether it's fair for one nation to increase its own arsenal while telling others they can't, diplomacy has failed in this instance.

Do the US go back on this notion and try to manage things as best as they can, or do they flatten North Korea's arsenal before its fully developed?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:46 pm

As I say, nuclear policy revolves around deterrent.

The US will not initiate first strike on North Korea to simply make sure they don't have nuclear weapons.And they most certainly have not given up on diplomacy. That's patently absurd.

And not least, again, despite some fantastical nonsense being imagined on here, it's on China's doorstep. It's a bit like us giving the nod of approval to the US bombing Calais, because it would only destroy Kent, Sussex and Suffolk. And maybe contaminate London. It's fantasy.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Call off the dogs. Everything's ok. Russia has nominated itself as peace negotiator. :?
Beloved be the ones who sit down

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:11 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:46 pm
As I say, nuclear policy revolves around deterrent.

The US will not initiate first strike on North Korea to simply make sure they don't have nuclear weapons.And they most certainly have not given up on diplomacy. That's patently absurd.

And not least, again, despite some fantastical nonsense being imagined on here, it's on China's doorstep. It's a bit like us giving the nod of approval to the US bombing Calais, because it would only destroy Kent, Sussex and Suffolk. And maybe contaminate London. It's fantasy.
Who says it will be a nuclear strike? Certainly the US wouldn't initiate one, it may bomb a few facilities and bases alongside targeting artillery.
Fat boy will more than likely be the first to throw WMD's, he's threatened often enough to do so.
BTW the Chinese have said if the shooting starts and lard arse starts it, they will stay out, missiles heading in the direction of a US base is an act of war.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:44 am

Chinese state media have reported that the Chinese President urged spunktrumpet to tone down the rhetoric.

So maybe you're making that up?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:44 am
Chinese state media have reported that the Chinese President urged spunktrumpet to tone down the rhetoric.

So maybe you're making that up?
okay I'm making it up then :roll:
State-run Chinese newspaper the Global Daily recently wrote an editorial stating that China would only intervene in the conflict, to stop America if they attacked North Korea first. If Pyongyang attacked they would stay neutral, they wrote.
Look I'm starting to (by trawling the net), pick up whispers and murmurs that the Chinese and Russians really would not object to the US doing something about NK and picking up all the flack whilst they maintain the high moral ground, with his nukes and missiles he is becoming a very dangerous potential problem for them.

Not saying it's true nor am I a lover of conspiracy theory but it is plausible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 am

You're quoting Chinese state media? Incredible.

And by "picking up whispers" do you mean "saw that Russia and China didn't oppose UN sanctions?

You're a fantasist.
Dayman (ah-ah-ah),
Fighter of the nightman (ah-ah-ah),
Champion of the sun (ah-ah-ah),
You're a master of karate,
And friendship,
For everyone.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 am

And by "picking up whispers" do you mean "saw that Russia and China didn't oppose UN sanctions?

You're a fantasist.
It's all a bit James Bond, innit?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:02 am

Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.
A few steps up from you then, you ever been right about anything by the way?

The Chinese media are well known to be the mouth piece of the Chinese government, but don't let that get in the way of a pathetic insult Tea boy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:02 am
Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.

The Chinese media are well known to be the mouth piece of the Chinese government, but don't let that get in the way of a pathetic insult Tea boy.

You have no idea what the Chinese government will do. Claiming you've heard "whispers" is truly one of the most ridiculous things ever posted on this site.

Especially when your "evidence" is state controlled media saying they very much will intervene should the USA attack NK first.

You're apparent lust for nuclear armageddon, whilst not unsurprising, is deeply depressing. Best outcome will be one where millions of people DO NOT die. We're a long, long, long way from that being the only possible outcome. And everything in the interim must be done to prevent that. Otherwise what is the bloody point?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:25 pm

I think that makes you a lefty peacenik.

A good nuclear war would sort everything out. If only you could see that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:25 pm
I think that makes you a lefty peacenik.

A good nuclear war would sort everything out. If only you could see that.
Clear the air too, allegedly.

Harry Genshaw
Icon
Icon

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Trumps a dangerous buffoon but we can't escape that for all the negotiations and diplomacy another very dangerous regime are nearer than ever to having their own nuclear weapons. The US can keep up the dialogue but it's clearly failing.

No sane person wants a nuclear war but that could be more likely if the US don't act now
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm
Trumps a dangerous buffoon but we can't escape that for all the negotiations and diplomacy another very dangerous regime are nearer than ever to having their own nuclear weapons. The US can keep up the dialogue but it's clearly failing.

No sane person wants a nuclear war but that could be more likely if the US don't act now
I'd say, provoking a country who may already have nuclear weapons at this stage, is more likely to bring about Armageddon.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:20 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.

You have no idea what the Chinese government will do. Claiming you've heard "whispers" is truly one of the most ridiculous things ever posted on this site.

Especially when your "evidence" is state controlled media saying they very much will intervene should the USA attack NK first.

You're apparent lust for nuclear armageddon, whilst not unsurprising, is deeply depressing. Best outcome will be one where millions of people DO NOT die. We're a long, long, long way from that being the only possible outcome. And everything in the interim must be done to prevent that. Otherwise what is the bloody point?
You're apparent lust for nuclear armageddon, whilst not unsurprising, is deeply depressing
Really?

My 'lust' as you call it is for some megalomaniac fat tw*t not to have a nest egg of nukes with which to browbeat the world with or is this another example of a state run country, just like some of those in South America we should aspire to copy?

Hell, lets open the doors for Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq and anyone else to join the Nuclear club, let's see how long it is before you get your millions of dead then and some.

I'm still waiting for your new mate Corbyn to fly out to Syria and have a chat with ISIS to sort out one problem, maybe he could drop off in Ping Pong with a triple burger and cheese along with a gallon of coke for Kim?

Talk, talk, talk and we are growing ever nearer the point were a complete lunatic who thinks he's a God has his hands on the trigger, worried? You should be, don't forget, that nice Mr Hitler was never going to invade anyone!

Hand wringers talk, just like Nero fiddled as Rome burned, when do we stop talking? Oh I get it, we don't, we carry on talking during the surrender talks.

Instead of denouncing everyone else, why not try giving another version of what to do, it would make a real change.

What I really would like to see is the Chinese take Kim out, but I guess even they are running scared now they let him so far off the leash.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:00 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.

You're apparent lust for nuclear armageddon, whilst not unsurprising, is deeply depressing
Really?

My 'lust' as you call it is for some megalomaniac fat tw*t not to have a nest egg of nukes with which to browbeat the world with or is this another example of a state run country, just like some of those in South America we should aspire to copy?

Hell, lets open the doors for Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq and anyone else to join the Nuclear club, let's see how long it is before you get your millions of dead then and some.

I'm still waiting for your new mate Corbyn to fly out to Syria and have a chat with ISIS to sort out one problem, maybe he could drop off in Ping Pong with a triple burger and cheese along with a gallon of coke for Kim?

Talk, talk, talk and we are growing ever nearer the point were a complete lunatic who thinks he's a God has his hands on the trigger, worried? You should be, don't forget, that nice Mr Hitler was never going to invade anyone!

Hand wringers talk, just like Nero fiddled as Rome burned, when do we stop talking? Oh I get it, we don't, we carry on talking during the surrender talks.

Instead of denouncing everyone else, why not try giving another version of what to do, it would make a real change.

What I really would like to see is the Chinese take Kim out, but I guess even they are running scared now they let him so far off the leash.
You haven't heard?
Dayman (ah-ah-ah),
Fighter of the nightman (ah-ah-ah),
Champion of the sun (ah-ah-ah),
You're a master of karate,
And friendship,
For everyone.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 am

China's involvement forcing a climb down?

What a shit state of affairs. Lefty peaceniks again. Ruined a good nuclar war with their wishy washy diplomacy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

You're a fantasist.

Really?

I don't want anyone to have nuclear weapons. I think they are as dangerous in the hand's of Trump as they are in the hands of NK's leaders.

You mention Hitler...he was comfortable with killing millions of people, as you also seem to be.

If the opposite of that is a hand-wringer then, I'll take that tag, happily.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:00 am

You haven't heard?
There are rumours in the general press that Kim has decided the only thing he'd like fried is his chicken, so yeah I've 'heard' something.

Feel better?