The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
37%
Liberal Democrats
7%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
7%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
4%
Planet Hobo
4%

Total votes: 27

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Can one of you clear this up for me please? If we are to leave Europe, why do we owe them any money? Genuine question. Please pardon my ignorance. I just don't understand this.
I don't need fun to have alcohol

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:35 pm

I've always assumed it was to cover costs for projects we've already committed to moving forward, or to cover their costs of sorting out the legislation required to rebuild things when we've gone.

Either of those would be fair enough I guess, though I could be completely wrong!
I was saying Boo-urns

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 am

https://theconversation.com/brexit-brit ... trol-83060?

All those who think leaving has made everything better want to read that, very alarming article. From an expert.

What a mess.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:34 pm

We're all fed up with experts aren't we?

Besides, we're replacing our elected un-elected MEP's with Mediaeval Catholic doctrine and arbitrary Parliamentary powers soon, so hip-hip-hip hooray for taking back control.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 am

All those who think leaving has made everything better want to read that, very alarming article. From an expert.

What a mess.
Oh dear, if I can be arsed I'll go and find an expert who makes your expert a prick eh? :roll:

If these 'experts' really knew everything how come hardly any of them saw the last recession coming?

What a mess.

I see the article and most in that rag are from snowflake central, the Uni bods.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Definitely worth keeping an eye out for the Catalunyan referendum result and subsequent fall out - If they're not stopped from holding it that is.

Some very passionate noises coming from Barcelona and some worried threats coming from Madrid

EU said they weren't taking a stance at first, but have now said it's illegal and have 'vowed' to 'crush' it, but the Catalans are saying they would like membership to the Bloc to 'kickstart' it, but a rejection won't stop them.

Interesting developments
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:47 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What a mess.
Oh dear, if I can be arsed I'll go and find an expert who makes your expert a prick eh? :roll:

If these 'experts' really knew everything how come hardly any of them saw the last recession coming?

What a mess.

I see the article and most in that rag are from snowflake central, the Uni bods.
The expert in question is a barrister and expert on international law. Are you questioning his knowledge of that subject?

I'd also like to know why you think such an expert should have predicted the recession?

The usual dismissive ill-informed retort of someone who will just blindly walk down their opinion corridor without ever questioning it. Read the article. It actually makes some constructive suggestions as to how best to proceed. But I guess that was lost on you.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:09 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:47 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What a mess.

What a mess.

The expert in question is a barrister and expert on international law. Are you questioning his knowledge of that subject?

I'd also like to know why you think such an expert should have predicted the recession?

The usual dismissive ill-informed retort of someone who will just blindly walk down their opinion corridor without ever questioning it. Read the article. It actually makes some constructive suggestions as to how best to proceed. But I guess that was lost on you.
Moi?

Ever read some of your posts?

But I'd guess that would be lost on you.

Btw useful suggestions? depends if you are a shrieking wailing EU is the only way remoaner or not.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:40 pm

I don't know about anyone else but I despair and find it unbelieveable at the same time, that one of, if not the most powerful man in the world is posting stuff like this on social media....
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who is obviously a madman who doesn't mind starving or killing his people, will be tested like never before!
Truly embarrassing. Beyond embarrassing in fact.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Is it wrong that I'm actually quite enjoying Kim's statements? This would all be great fun if the potential fallout wasn't potential nuclear war, but for now I'm happy to ignore that bit.
I was saying Boo-urns

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:40 pm
I don't know about anyone else but I despair and find it unbelieveable at the same time, that one of, if not the most powerful man in the world is posting stuff like this on social media....

Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who is obviously a madman who doesn't mind starving or killing his people, will be tested like never before!
Well, I suppose it's up there with the perceived nuclear threat to the sharks and whales, I mean come on fatboy just what the fcuk have they ever done to you?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Well, I suppose it's up there with the perceived nuclear threat to the sharks and whales, I mean come on fatboy just what the fcuk have they ever done to you?
No doubt someone will claim it's all about religion shortly... :|
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:30 pm

:lol: chip on your shoulder must be visible from space!
Basically, if you can't make your meaning plain with all the richness of the English language and you have to resort to cartoon faces made with punctuation marks then you're a dick.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:25 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Ranting like a 13 year old girl on twitter is never a good thing for a grown adult. Let alone when the rant concerns international diplomacy matters. Then we factor in this is the US "president". Its horrific.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:25 am
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Ranting like a 13 year old girl on twitter is never a good thing for a grown adult. Let alone when the rant concerns international diplomacy matters. Then we factor in this is the US "president". Its horrific.
But what about the sharks?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:11 pm

See all that whining about soft lefty students shutting down that weirdo Tory f*ck in Scotland ended up with it all being nonsense and him a fantasist nutter.

Who knew.
Basically, if you can't make your meaning plain with all the richness of the English language and you have to resort to cartoon faces made with punctuation marks then you're a dick.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:58 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:11 pm
See all that whining about soft lefty students shutting down that weirdo Tory f*ck in Scotland ended up with it all being nonsense and him a fantasist nutter.

Who knew.
Eh? Link?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:02 am

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 am

Oh that one? Predictable. Hoboh should be along soon with an apology to the lady involved...I'll not hold my breath.

Anyhow, he was a Blairite not in this instance a Tory...(I mean I know what you'll say but whatever)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 am
Oh that one? Predictable. Hoboh should be along soon with an apology to the lady involved...I'll not hold my breath.

Anyhow, he was a Blairite not in this instance a Tory...(I mean I know what you'll say but whatever)
Well hoboh ain't signing up to see what she actually said, I'll tell thee that.