What are you Wearing Tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 41794
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:56 am

my first proper shoes were probably from Tommy Ball's... It probably wasn't as big as I remember it - but to a youngster it seemed like a veritable country of its own - filled with rubbish shoes!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7170
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:59 am

thebish wrote:my first proper shoes were probably from Tommy Ball's... It probably wasn't as big as I remember it - but to a youngster it seemed like a veritable country of its own - filled with rubbish shoes!
Where?!

User avatar
thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 41794
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:16 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:my first proper shoes were probably from Tommy Ball's... It probably wasn't as big as I remember it - but to a youngster it seemed like a veritable country of its own - filled with rubbish shoes!
Where?!
Blackburn...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... _and_sole/

a northern shoe legend...
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7170
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 am

He sounds quite a man from the article!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3855
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Swashbucklin in Brooklyn

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:28 am

Mine too Bish. Bought my first pair of dessies from there, made in Poland. Can't believe they're now asking 50 quid for a pair of what used to be the cheapest shoes in the shop!
Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.

User avatar
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 40347
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 am

I remember we used to get dragged down to a shop which stood at the back of The Palais. I think it was called John Prest. I remember we used to get taken there because they'd measure your feet on this board with slidey things on it.
Beloved be the ones who sit down

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 44651
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost in the Rubaiyat.

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:48 am

Bata on Newport Street (and Timpsons later) were our early footwear empires. It's where they coined the saying, " If the shoe fits, wear it" :wink:

In late teens and twenties Saxone was the style shop of choice, loved that place.
Myself, when young, did eagerly frequent, Doctor and Saint and heard great argument
About it and about: but evermore, Came out by the same door wherein I went.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8540
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:34 am

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:my first proper shoes were probably from Tommy Ball's... It probably wasn't as big as I remember it - but to a youngster it seemed like a veritable country of its own - filled with rubbish shoes!
Where?!
Blackburn...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... _and_sole/

a northern shoe legend...
There was a T.Balls on Exchange St. When I was a teenager. (yes GG a long time ago) I think he was son of Tommy. Anyway, I would get
my converse baseball boots from there and cheap cowboy boots too, being the Rock 'n' Roll dandy that I was!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7170
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:53 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:my first proper shoes were probably from Tommy Ball's... It probably wasn't as big as I remember it - but to a youngster it seemed like a veritable country of its own - filled with rubbish shoes!
Where?!
Blackburn...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... _and_sole/

a northern shoe legend...
There was a T.Balls on Exchange St. When I was a teenager. (yes GG a long time ago) I think he was son of Tommy. Anyway, I would get
my converse baseball boots from there and cheap cowboy boots too, being the Rock 'n' Roll dandy that I was!
Cowboy boots... :D

User avatar
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 40347
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote: There was a T.Balls on Exchange St. When I was a teenager. (yes GG a long time ago) I think he was son of Tommy. Anyway, I would get
my converse baseball boots from there and cheap cowboy boots too, being the Rock 'n' Roll dandy that I was!
Indeed, that was Timmy Balls. Same MO, cheap shoes paired by pieces of string through the backs of them
Beloved be the ones who sit down

User avatar
William the White
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10343
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Trotter Shop

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by William the White » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Tonight i am wearing two thick pairs of ski socks, thick ski gloves, two sweaters, longest scarf I can find wrapped round as many times as it goes...

I'm going to the Reebok and I sense there may be a chill in the air...

User avatar
clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2395
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Worryingly close to Old Tr*fford.
Contact:

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by clapton is god » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

William the White wrote:Tonight i am wearing two thick pairs of ski socks, thick ski gloves, two sweaters, longest scarf I can find wrapped round as many times as it goes...

I'm going to the Reebok and I sense there may be a chill in the air...
Sounds similar to my own ensemble :D and for the same reason - just off out the door now!
http://www.davenewtonphotography.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
2399
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:55 pm
Location: 10500+ Miles from the Reebok.

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by 2399 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:30 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
2399 wrote:Gooner Girl: I have fungus growing in between some of my toes!
Mmmm, nice image :?

Good news, I've had some stuff put on it the other week, bought some Sandals, went to the beach.

Now I no longer have Fungus in between some of me toes!


I am still wearing the shirt I got at Lorne at the Weekend!
Image

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7170
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Just spent half an hour doing up numerous year 2 boys shirt buttons with cold fingers. SO glad I'm not a bloke. Talk about a faff on a chilly morning. And don't get me started on ties! Argh! I swear they spend more time getting changed to and from PE then they actually do doing PE...

User avatar
thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 41794
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Just spent half an hour doing up numerous year 2 boys shirt buttons with cold fingers. SO glad I'm not a bloke. Talk about a faff on a chilly morning. And don't get me started on ties! Argh! I swear they spend more time getting changed to and from PE then they actually do doing PE...

do you want some practice with buttons and zips? happy to help...
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

User avatar
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 40347
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:59 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Just spent half an hour doing up numerous year 2 boys shirt buttons with cold fingers. SO glad I'm not a bloke. Talk about a faff on a chilly morning. And don't get me started on ties! Argh! I swear they spend more time getting changed to and from PE then they actually do doing PE...

do you want some practice with buttons and zips? happy to help...
You're happy to help with the buttons and zips of year two boys? :shock:
Beloved be the ones who sit down

User avatar
thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 41794
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Just spent half an hour doing up numerous year 2 boys shirt buttons with cold fingers. SO glad I'm not a bloke. Talk about a faff on a chilly morning. And don't get me started on ties! Argh! I swear they spend more time getting changed to and from PE then they actually do doing PE...

do you want some practice with buttons and zips? happy to help...
You're happy to help with the buttons and zips of year two boys? :shock:
maybe that didn't come out right! :shock:
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7170
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:34 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Just spent half an hour doing up numerous year 2 boys shirt buttons with cold fingers. SO glad I'm not a bloke. Talk about a faff on a chilly morning. And don't get me started on ties! Argh! I swear they spend more time getting changed to and from PE then they actually do doing PE...

do you want some practice with buttons and zips? happy to help...
You're happy to help with the buttons and zips of year two boys? :shock:
maybe that didn't come out right! :shock:
:D

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3855
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Swashbucklin in Brooklyn

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Ties?? On young boys?? Aren't they an Elf n Safety risk these days??
Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.

User avatar
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 40347
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: What are you Wearing Tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Looks like we're playing Millwall, the thuggish c*nts!
Beloved be the ones who sit down

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest