Newest user.

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Newest user.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:15 am

Just noticed our newest registered user is "Billy Two-Rivers". Kinell, bet he isn't a nineteen year old student. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:45 am

And what's wrong with nineteen year old students? :evil: 8)
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:52 am

Verbal wrote:And what's wrong with nineteen year old students? :evil: 8)
They always react like you just did when the topic has nothing to do with them. The original Billy Two-Rivers was a wrestler who appeared regularly at the Wrighton Stadium in Bolton. He must be seventy if he's a day (or indeed still alive)

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:56 am

Theyre 19 and theyre students. Why do you even have to ask?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
They always react like you just did when the topic has nothing to do with them. The original Billy Two-Rivers was a wrestler who appeared regularly at the Wrighton Stadium in Bolton. He must be seventy if he's a day (or indeed still alive)
Billy Two Rivers (no hyphen) is a Mohawk from the Kahnawake reserve just off the is land of Montreal. He was a wrestler and is still alive. In addition to fame at the Wrighton stadium, he also headed the Mohawk band council for twenty years and led the famous (infamous) blockade of the Mercier bridge. While wrestling in England he fathered a child on a Lancashire lassie from Morcambe - that child is British fashion designer Wayne Hemingway.
So there you have it.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:07 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Billy Two Rivers (no hyphen) is a Mohawk from the Kahnawake reserve just off the is land of Montreal. He was a wrestler and is still alive. In addition to fame at the Wrighton stadium, he also headed the Mohawk band council for twenty years and led the famous (infamous) blockade of the Mercier bridge. While wrestling in England he fathered a child on a Lancashire lassie from Morcambe - that child is British fashion designer Wayne Hemingway.
So there you have it.
Not a nineteen year old student then? :mrgreen:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
So there you have it.
Not a nineteen year old student then? :mrgreen:
Well, I'm not sure about our newest poster - we'll let him explain himself - but I believe Wayne Hemingway supports Blackburn, while the original Billy likes the Montreal Canadiens. :shock:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:59 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
They always react like you just did when <b>the topic has nothing to do with them</b>. The original Billy Two-Rivers was a wrestler who appeared regularly at the Wrighton Stadium in Bolton. He must be seventy if he's a day (or indeed still alive)
So despite you mentioning nineteen year old students it has nothing to do with me...

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:35 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
So there you have it.
Interesting stuff :)
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:36 pm

Bonus points for who can reveal Hemingways mother.

I'll give you a clue.

'Spend, spend, spend'.

:|
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:43 pm

InsaneApache wrote:Bonus points for who can reveal Hemingways mother.

I'll give you a clue.

'Spend, spend, spend'.

The clue points to my missus, but she's not old enough so I dunno.
Businesswoman of the year.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:57 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:

I'll give you a clue.

'Spend, spend, spend'.

The clue points to my missus, but she's not old enough so I dunno.
hehe.... :mrgreen:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:06 pm

Verbal wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
They always react like you just did when <b>the topic has nothing to do with them</b>. The original Billy Two-Rivers was a wrestler who appeared regularly at the Wrighton Stadium in Bolton. He must be seventy if he's a day (or indeed still alive)
So despite you mentioning nineteen year old students it has nothing to do with me...
Calm down dear, it's only a commercial :roll:

The implication was that if our new poster knew Billy Two Rivers he wouldn't be in the first flush of youth. That's it. The "nothing to do with" was meant that you're hardly in that category, not saying mind your own buiness. Hey, believe it or not I was nineteen once.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

The implication was that if our new poster knew Billy Two Rivers he wouldn't be in the first flush of youth. That's it. The "nothing to do with" was meant that you're hardly in that category, not saying mind your own buiness. Hey, believe it or not I was nineteen once.
Can you remember that far back?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:28 pm

I'll give you a clue.

'Spend, spend, spend'.

Vivian Nicholson

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:29 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Can you remember that far back?
On a good day. :wink:

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

I'll give you a clue.

'Spend, spend, spend'.

Vivian Nicholson
Give TD a cigar

I thought you'd make the young 'uns work for that mate! :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:08 pm

InsaneApache wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

I'll give you a clue.

'Spend, spend, spend'.

Vivian Nicholson
Give TD a cigar

I thought you'd make the young 'uns work for that mate! :wink:
I'm not sure this is correct. The following bio certainly implies that Billy left Hemingway's mother for Viv.
Hemingway's father is a Mohawk Indian chief, Billy Two Rivers, now a champion of Native American rights in Quebec, but when Wayne was born, a heavyweight wrestling champion in Britain.

But he left home when Wayne was three and ran off with Viv Nicholson, the pools winner who enjoyed dubious fame through her declaration that she would "spend, spend, spend".

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

The implication was that if our new poster knew Billy Two Rivers he wouldn't be in the first flush of youth. That's it. The "nothing to do with" was meant that you're hardly in that category, not saying mind your own buiness. <b>Hey, believe it or not I was nineteen once</b>.
:shock:

:P

heh no worries, i think i have posted that second bit pissed...i can't remember it.