Another peed off Bolton News commenter joins up!!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Westhoughton Dave
Hopeful
Hopeful

Another peed off Bolton News commenter joins up!!

Post by Westhoughton Dave » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Hello,

Dave from Westhoughton here ... not exactly suicidal, as i seen it all coming, as a few Bolton News website regulars may probably already know..

I couldn't have been the only fan who was happy every time we lost a game, one step closer to Megsons departure .. or so i thought, but how he can take the piss by sending out a reserve team in the UEFA cup and get full backing from the board ... speechless.. i watched in horror, hoping for a miracle, because, deep down, no matter how much i hate the situation, how good would it have been to win the UEFA cup ...

Then the Bolton News website decide to go all communist on us by saying 'Everything is fine, there are no problems' whilst oppressing all those who begged to differ by deleting all comments relating to the truth!

So here i am, but to be honest, i'm all posted out, i started to spam the website, as some of you might have seen, but again i thought.. whats the point, besides, i was trying not to spam sensitive stories, but that was getting complicated too!

Anyway, you knew something was wrong when i decided to give up being paid to watch the wanderers with a free ticket..

It kind of hit home to my boss a bit too, when sat at the Reebok i told him that Megson had said that UEFA wasn't a priority, and he said well what the hell are we all doing here, to which i replied, well i don't know about you, but your paying me to be here..

He didn't say much after that..

So, whilst i grew up in Wigan and supported Athletic at First, i was taken to a Wanderers match when i was really young .. so when i moved to Bolton and got really into football (i had been living in a big Rugby League community before then) naturally Burnden Park was my destination..

It was about the time of the McGinlay and Bruce Rioch and i seem to recall a match against Newcastle where both Number 7's were called David Lee, my memory might not quite be right on that, but i'm certain they were both called Lee anyway, the Year before i remember going to a Tranmere match and nearly getting knocked out for telling a Tranmere player to get up 'you friggin soft scouser' how was i to know i was sat next to the Liverpool Whites?!?! (Do they still exist or was i being wound up!) 6-0 against Spurs was a highlight too, and all the fun from then til now, with my favorite match being the Relegation match against Middlesbrough, where it was either us or West Ham .. (I wanted it to be Leeds that season)

I had my radio (along with a few others) and remember sitting under the scoreboard and screaming out when West Ham went behind Jussi looked around i just screamed come on, he clenched his fist threw it in the air and gritted his teeth.

I have loads of good memories, but all seem so long ago now ..

Anyway i must be boring you all to death now, so i'll see you around the forum, hopefully, unless this the Bolton News in disguise and i come back tomorrow to see my post deleted ..!!

BWFC Forever (Now i know how the Man City fans felt)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:50 pm

Nothing gets deleted for just giving opinions. It's a bad time for all Bolton fans right now. A couple of decent wins and the world would turn and the sun shine again. A fighting display, some guts and a bit of luck and who knows?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:55 pm

Welcome Dave! :D

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: Another peed off Bolton News commenter joins up!!

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:17 am

Westhoughton Dave wrote:Then the Bolton News website decide to go all communist on us by saying 'Everything is fine, there are no problems'
Fella, you truly couldn't be further from the truth! (You'll see) :D

A very good first post, with some very strong views. I look forward to reading more.

Welcome to the site Westhoughton Dave, dive in. :wink:

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:58 am

Bonjour

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 am

Hello.

The Newcastle number seven was Rob Lee by the way.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:50 pm

sluffy wrote:Hello.

The Newcastle number seven was Rob Lee by the way.
Welcome Dave. Was that Newcastle game the one when Ginola got booed - for being French? :crazy:

Westhoughton Dave
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Westhoughton Dave » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:31 am

Thanks for all the welcomes guys..

Tangodancer ..we need optimists, keep the faith brother!

Hello Daxter

Soldier of the white army .. maybe you right, time will tell, glad you enjoyed the post, it wasnt meant to be so long, i kinda just got carried away, you know, like with this sentence, which i should stop now, i think!.. lol ;) Really though, im not usually a big poster unless something goads me into it (ie. BN website this time) but we will see how it goes

David Lee's Hair .. spooky, do you know i am about to set off on a basic French course in order to be slightly savvy for a French holiday later this year ...!! Bonjour moisuer, comment ca va..

Sluffy.. now you mention it, yes it was Rob, and i remeber tripping over a cable laid down by Sky too..

William The White, Hi, Im not sure about that one, but im sure we didnt really mean it if we did!!

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 am

Westhoughton Dave wrote:David Lee's Hair .. spooky, do you know i am about to set off on a basic French course in order to be slightly savvy for a French holiday later this year ...!! Bonjour moisuer, comment ca va..
:conf:

My knowledge of French stops at "bonjour" :mrgreen:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:21 am

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Westhoughton Dave wrote:David Lee's Hair .. spooky, do you know i am about to set off on a basic French course in order to be slightly savvy for a French holiday later this year ...!! Bonjour moisuer, comment ca va..

Whereas Ginola, being multi-lingual perfectly understood BOOOOOOOOO!!! :D

Westhoughton Dave
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Westhoughton Dave » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:51 am

LMAO

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:16 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:

Just remember, when you have to go, you are a homme. Welcome. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: Just remember, when you have to go, you are a homme. Welcome. :wink:
Here was me using the WC last time i was there as well :twisted:

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:29 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:

Posh bugger, I've never got past hawheehawheehaw

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:46 pm

fatshaft wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:

Posh bugger, I've never got past hawheehawheehaw
Aye, mine stops with Powerful Pierre too. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?