hello

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Isn't that the name of a japanese suicidal custom? If somebody says "no that's kamikaze" they can jump! boom boom

mariodelpais
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mariodelpais » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:30 pm

William the White wrote:Welcome Mario.

You chose a Spanish name?

Pourquoi? Porque?
In Toulouse, we are used to say our "Païs" in Toulouse dialect, and my name is Mario
MariodelPais : MarioFromCountry

mariodelpais
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mariodelpais » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:33 pm

boltonboris wrote:Isn't that the name of a japanese suicidal custom? If somebody says "no that's kamikaze" they can jump! boom boom
They went far to the provocation, and thought of being censored, thus as Japanese they thought of committing suicide: hara kiri

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:49 pm

Salut!

Elmander

J'elmande
Tu elmandes
Il/elle elmande
Nous elmandons
Vous elmandez
Ils/elles elmandent

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 pm

mariodelpais wrote:
William the White wrote:Welcome Mario.

You chose a Spanish name?

Pourquoi? Porque?
In Toulouse, we are used to say our "Païs" in Toulouse dialect, and my name is Mario
MariodelPais : MarioFromCountry
So 'Pais' is like 'pays'?

Is the Toulouse dialect very 'strong'? What was the title of that very funny French film about the north - Pas de Calais? Where the post office manager from the south finds himself in the north? It was hilarious.

Especially for us in the north of england - the few of us who saw it - with our own 'distinctive' accent. :D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:51 pm

Its based on Occitan (or was) William.

In laymans terms a bit like Catalan (its where the name Languedoc comes from - literally language/tongue of the Occitans). Totally unfathomable, but not widely spoken. Some of the street names in Toulouse are still written in it, and the flag (again very catalan-esque) appears all over the shop.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:27 pm

Welcome, Mario, bienvenue!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:07 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Its based on Occitan (or was) William.

In laymans terms a bit like Catalan (its where the name Languedoc comes from - literally language/tongue of the Occitans). Totally unfathomable, but not widely spoken. Some of the street names in Toulouse are still written in it, and the flag (again very catalan-esque) appears all over the shop.
Excellent, LK. Thank you. So where 'Vin de Pays d'Oc' also comes from, eh? [Like the Viognier myself!]

The comparison with catalan is also interesting - I have a little spanish, and a little more french, and I sometimes feel, if in barcelona, that, if i mix them together, i almost understand Catalan. Like - Els Quatre Gats - the famous cafe - the four cats...

Ho, hum, after last night it seems a pity to have to return to football... :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:28 am

Exactly right on the wine - largest wine producing region in the world (I believe). And it appears that the Pyreneean peoples (Occitans, Catalans, Basques, Gascons, Andorans et al) have cornered the market on life expectancy. So you can always claim its medicinal! (And I'm a Fronton man myself)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Exactly right on the wine - largest wine producing region in the world (I believe). And it appears that the Pyreneean peoples (Occitans, Catalans, Basques, Gascons, Andorans et al) have cornered the market on life expectancy. So you can always claim its medicinal! (And I'm a Fronton man myself)
Fronton new for me - but will now search it out.

Any recommendations/places to find?

[can't quite believe this conversation]

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 am

William the White wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Exactly right on the wine - largest wine producing region in the world (I believe). And it appears that the Pyreneean peoples (Occitans, Catalans, Basques, Gascons, Andorans et al) have cornered the market on life expectancy. So you can always claim its medicinal! (And I'm a Fronton man myself)

I hate to say it, but not a prayer in England. if you want to buy on-line try here:

http://www.wines-fr.com/sud-ouest/

Though you'll probably get ripped off, as with all SW wines its quite cheap in France.
Its the wine of northern Toulouse, AOC cotes du Frontonnais (Fronton for short). The only wine to use the 'negrette' grape variety in the world.

Others I would recommend from Mid-Pyrenees though are Madiran and Jurancon. Very long story short, historically the Bordelaise have stopped these wines from becoming a commercial success, but at their best they are as good as the best Clarets (Madiran) and Sauternes (Jurancon) and for a fraction of the price. The big wine shop across from Oxfam in Preston usually has a selection. Oh, and try Pacherenc-de-vic-bilh, Tarisquet and St. Mont - he's had them all in at different times. Highly recommended.

(Apologies for using up the new members bit, this is my 'trainspotter' hobby) :oops:

mariodelpais
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mariodelpais » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:04 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
William the White wrote:

I hate to say it, but not a prayer in England. if you want to buy on-line try here:

http://www.wines-fr.com/sud-ouest/

Though you'll probably get ripped off, as with all SW wines its quite cheap in France.
Its the wine of northern Toulouse, AOC cotes du Frontonnais (Fronton for short). The only wine to use the 'negrette' grape variety in the world.

Others I would recommend from Mid-Pyrenees though are Madiran and Jurancon. Very long story short, historically the Bordelaise have stopped these wines from becoming a commercial success, but at their best they are as good as the best Clarets (Madiran) and Sauternes (Jurancon) and for a fraction of the price. The big wine shop across from Oxfam in Preston usually has a selection. Oh, and try Pacherenc-de-vic-bilh, Tarisquet and St. Mont - he's had them all in at different times. Highly recommended.

(Apologies for using up the new members bit, this is my 'trainspotter' hobby) :oops:
Tiens un Toulousain ! :wink: tu es du forumetfc?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:16 am

Seulement un Anglais qui aime beaucoup le Sud-Ouest :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:18 am

I can't read most of this thread without Bablefish. But Owdo anyhow. :-)