Hi all

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Hi all

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 17, 2007 10:07 am

First Game?

First game ever was when I was ordered to go and watch Manure V Leeds in 1970 by an uncle of mine. Didn't want to go and something in my genes got me supporting Leeds that day - Leeds won 2-0, much to my delight and therein started my love affair with hating all things Red.

First Bolton game was in 1976 (at the age of 12 it was deemed "safe" by my doting parents for me to travel from Swinton, through the wilds of Walkden to Burnden Park) - it's all a bit hazy, but we beat Hull City 5-1 from memory, early in the season

Fave player?

Frank Worthy - had running battle with some bent Red fan window cleaner at the time Worthy was playing. He used to make rude gestures about Worthy through my window as he was cleaning the windows. Eventually I nicked his ladders when he asked for fresh water, and lobbed a bucketful over his head from the roof of our extension - that put his cig out. Wasn't too take in by "that goal against Ipswich", but the 4 he got against the Red Shite when we did the double (2 at home and 2 away iirc) over them were priceless, especially as I was in the Stretford End for the match at Old Trafford. Nearly as funny as Gordon McQueen's penalty which he missed, re-took and missed again.

Worst / most hated player?

I don't hate anyone that turns out to play - I think most of em try hard. Some of em are just bad though. At the minute, I can't for the life of me see how Nicky Hunt makes the team. We obviously haven't got enough foreigners in already - so I'd be looking for one at right back in Little Sammy's list of 20.

Fave game?

Rugby Union? Seriously, this would have to be the 2-1 win against Manure in 1979. To be in the Stretford End watching Jim McDonagh make save after save was unbelievable. For Frank W to go on a smash and grab and get two goals was pure theatre.

DO you sport a comedy Campo wig?

I live too close to him to risk it. I might get nicked for some dog poo offence.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 17, 2007 10:26 am

Hi Worthy. Welcome to the site.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu May 17, 2007 12:49 pm

Welcome Worthy. Enjoy!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu May 17, 2007 12:55 pm

how do, and welcome

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu May 17, 2007 1:41 pm

Welcome Worthy.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 17, 2007 3:24 pm

Nice history - settle on in, chum.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu May 17, 2007 7:00 pm

Not sure there is much else you can add after that.

Welcome