Hi There

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Ultster white
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hi There

Post by Ultster white » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:08 pm

Hello from Northern Ireland.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:09 pm

Hello hello.

Wanna tell us a bit more about yourself?

How dya find us, how some you support BWFC?

Ultster white
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ultster white » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:19 pm

Been supporting BWFC for over 30yrs, use to stand on Burden paddock watching the likes of the great "Ray Deaken" and so on. been living over here for around 7yrs now and i think they might be another two of us somewhere?
I get to the Reebok about a dozen times these days(very expensive having converted the wife and little girl).
If anyone is ever over these neck of the woods call in to DOBBINS BAR, Carrickfergus ( Northern Ireland BWFC supporters Club) great crack.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:21 pm

Welcome UW from someone even further away in the same direction.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Big hello and welcome from me.
Businesswoman of the year.

Ultster white
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ultster white » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Hello and thankyou.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi mate, and welcome to the site. I spent four and a half years in Lisburn. Beautiful country and the friendliest people you will ever meet (for the most part!)

Glad to have you here.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:38 pm

Hello and welcome Ulster White.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:06 pm

Howdo mate. I've never been to Lisburn but I've been to Lisbon twice. Do I win a prize?

Ultster white
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ultster white » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Yes, its a very friendly place. things have moved on from the old days, There are great bars,clubs and resturants in Belfast and we don't have a "yob"culture in fact robbers, muggers etc are dealt with by communities which makes it a very safe enviroment to live.
Some lads from Walkden Whites come over every year to enjoy the 11th and 12th July it's a most for everyone with Orange blood running through them. any road thanks for the welcome....

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:44 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Hi mate, and welcome to the site. I spent four and a half years in Lisburn. Beautiful country and the friendliest people you will ever meet (for the most part!)

Glad to have you here.

Aye, especially those without guns!

Welcome UW, it's not bad here, just avoid the West Ham troll

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 pm

Ultster white wrote:Been supporting BWFC for over 30yrs, use to stand on Burden paddock watching the likes of the great "Ray Deaken" and so on. been living over here for around 7yrs now and i think they might be another two of us somewhere?
I get to the Reebok about a dozen times these days(very expensive having converted the wife and little girl).
If anyone is ever over these neck of the woods call in to DOBBINS BAR, Carrickfergus ( Northern Ireland BWFC supporters Club) great crack.
Oooh, what rotten luck. I thought that you were going to say that you were a lifelong friend of Jake Burns and that you could arrange a backstage pass for me for SLF's gig in Preston next month! :( .
I get over quite a bit on business, in fact, I'm over in three weeks for a meeting in Newtonabbey. I'll have to think of a way of winging my overnight up in Carrickfergus to check out Dobbins Bar.
Welcome to the site, fella. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

libreg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by libreg » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:30 pm

Don't take the bate ulster white. They give you a warm welcome and comfort you, but before you know it, they stab you in the back of the neck. BAM!!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:40 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Hi mate, and welcome to the site. I spent four and a half years in Lisburn. Beautiful country and the friendliest people you will ever meet (for the most part!)

Glad to have you here.
Are these two events connected in any way - SOTWA moves out and.....
Ulster_White wrote:Yes, its a very friendly place. things have moved on from the old days, There are great bars,clubs and resturants in Belfast and we don't have a "yob"culture in fact robbers, muggers etc are dealt with by communities which makes it a very safe enviroment to live.

:shock: :D

Welcome Ulster White

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:46 pm

libreg wrote:Don't take the bate ulster white.
Isn't that a past participle of beat?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I think it is 'beat' phonetically with an Ulster accent.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:16 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
That's a bloody good call! :shock: However, Why would you take the beat? Maybe it's to do with sugar? :conf:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
That's a bloody good call! :shock: However, Why would you take the beat? Maybe it's to do with sugar? :conf:
It may be a matter of parsing and recognizing the French influence:
'Don't take thé! Beat Ulster White!
Last edited by Montreal Wanderer on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultster white
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ultster white » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ultster white wrote:Been supporting BWFC for over 30yrs, use to stand on Burden paddock watching the likes of the great "Ray Deaken" and so on. been living over here for around 7yrs now and i think they might be another two of us somewhere?
Oooh, what rotten luck. I thought that you were going to say that you were a lifelong friend of Jake Burns and that you could arrange a backstage pass for me for SLF's gig in Preston next month! :( .
I get over quite a bit on business, in fact, I'm over in three weeks for a meeting in Newtonabbey. I'll have to think of a way of winging my overnight up in Carrickfergus to check out Dobbins Bar.
Welcome to the site, fella.

Hi Mate, Newtonabbey is about 3 miles away, Carrickfergus is on the coast with plenty of hotels, Expensive ones are The Clarion and the Coast road, not so cheap is Dobbins and then you have the brewers fare, away drop me a pm if you need help..

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:40 pm

To make this more comprehensible:
Ultster white wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Welcome to the site, fella.
Hi Mate, Newtonabbey is about 3 miles away, Carrickfergus is on the coast with plenty of hotels, Expensive ones are The Clarion and the Coast road, not so cheap is Dobbins and then you have the brewers fare, away drop me a pm if you need help..