Hello everyone

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hello everyone

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:16 pm

I have come from the dark side (Bolton Banter) and wish to spread my gospel across these here pages.

I come in peace.

Welcome me with open arms.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Hello Tony, welcome to the site :D

I look forward to your contributions.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Bolton Banter's more dull than dark.

I'm not sure about extending open arms to someone who's first act on the site was to post a link to Lisbon's gay bars, but welcome anyway.

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:56 pm

warthog wrote:Bolton Banter's more dull than dark.

I'm not sure about extending open arms to someone who's first act on the site was to post a link to Lisbon's gay bars, but welcome anyway.
Start as you mean to go on, that is my motto.

I am shocked that anyone at The Wanderer should have stereotypical views of someone who chooses to be homosexually inclined.

My posting of the gay bars was merely the first part in a series of drinking guides to the Portuguese capital.

If you'll allow me to continue, I will include Straight bars, Lesbian Bars, Transvestite and Transgender Bars, BDSM Bars and Bars which attract any such individual who has a bodily functions fetish.

Just so everyone is included, right?

Thank you in advance.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:56 pm

homophobe
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:00 pm

tony cunninghams knob wrote:

I am shocked that anyone at The Wanderer should have stereotypical views of someone who chooses to be homosexually inclined.

My posting of the gay bars was merely the first part in a series of drinking guides to the Portuguese capital.

If you'll allow me to continue, I will include Straight bars, Lesbian Bars, Transvestite and Transgender Bars, BDSM Bars and Bars which attract any such individual who has a bodily functions fetish.

Thank you in advance.
You might be better posting on WanderersWays.

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:11 pm

warthog wrote:

Thank you in advance.
You might be better posting on WanderersWays.
I would but i'm intellectually superior to those urchins.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Welcome, Tony. We have members who also post on BB (including Warthog from time to time). I have trouble following BB these days as there is too much in chatter from a small group of people. Still, they enjoy it so live and let live. Broader cross section of humanity here. Enjoy.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome, Tony. We have members who also post on BB (including Warthog from time to time). I have trouble following BB these days as there is too much in chatter from a small group of people. Still, they enjoy it so live and let live. Broader cross section of humanity here. Enjoy.
Thank you Montreal Wanderer for your kind, homophobe free welcome to this exciting corner of cyberspace.

perfan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by perfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:19 pm

Welcome TCK.

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:22 pm

perfan wrote:Welcome TCK.
Many thank yous for your kind words.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome, Tony. We have members who also post on BB (including Warthog from time to time). I have trouble following BB these days as there is too much in chatter from a small group of people. Still, they enjoy it so live and let live. Broader cross section of humanity here. Enjoy.
Thank you Montreal Wanderer for your kind, homophobe free welcome to this exciting corner of cyberspace.
I don't think there is any active homophobia here and if there was the mods would deal with it as they deal with racism, sexism, etc. There is probably some passive homophobia when one poster, attempting to be humorously insulting to another, will call that person gay - where gay is considered pejorative. Alas, that is the language and I'm sure nothing is intended by it.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:28 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I don't think there is any active homophobia here and if there was the mods would deal with it as they deal with racism, sexism, etc. There is probably some passive homophobia when one poster, attempting to be humorously insulting to another, will call that person gay - where gay is considered pejorative. Alas, that is the language and I'm sure nothing is intended by it.
That's nice to know.
I am not of the homosexual inclination myself, however I am aware that as many as 7% of the Reebok Stadium attendees could in fact be homosexual. I do not wish to be seen to discriminate against any particular race, colour, creed or sexuality, and it's refreshing to know that there is somone out there as thoughtful and as caring of others as myself.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
That's nice to know.
I am not of the homosexual inclination myself, however I am aware that as many as 7% of the Reebok Stadium attendees could in fact be homosexual. I do not wish to be seen to discriminate against any particular race, colour, creed or sexuality, and it's refreshing to know that there is somone out there as thoughtful and as caring of others as myself.
I am heterosexual myself but that is simply a genetic accident of birth I would imagine. I'm not sure the percentage of homosexuals in the general population - most figure around 5% but it is hard to assess accurately. It is statistically likely there are homosexual members here, but we tend to talk more about football than sexual orientation.

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
That's nice to know.

I am heterosexual myself but that is simply a genetic accident of birth I would imagine. I'm not sure the percentage of homosexuals in the general population - most figure around 5% but it is hard to assess accurately. It is statistically likely there are homosexual members here, but we tend to talk more about football than sexual orientation.
Well, it is a Football Forum after all.

Besides it was Mr Warthog who made the initial homosexual reference.

I think I am going to enjoy myself in this little clique we have here.

Do we have social events?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 pm

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... &start=200

Usually tells you if people are planning co-operative drinking before matches....:-)

Welcome

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Welcome TC. Word of advice amigo. Drop the Knxb from your user name (family/work safe viewing and all that). You'll find some fierce argument here on all matters, but watch the language for the above reasons. WW or Bolton Banter we ain't and it's a pretty civilised website. That said, welcome again and hope to hear some good Bolton input from you.
By the bye, "clique" sounds warning bells. A bit of a sensitive word here.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Welcome TC. Word of advice amigo. Drop the Knxb from your user name (family/work safe viewing and all that). You'll find some fierce argument here on all matters, but watch the language for the above reasons. WW or Bolton Banter we ain't and it's a pretty civilised website. That said, welcome again and hope to hear some good Bolton input from you.
By the bye, "clique" sounds warning bells. A bit of a sensitive word here.
You shouldn't be sharing that information with an outsider Tango :mrgreen:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:10 pm

Welcome you beer drinking gayer!

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm a cross dresser (well only on European trips) so hello!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless