How you all doing!!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ukfotp
Hopeful
Hopeful

How you all doing!!

Post by ukfotp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:20 pm

Finally decided to join after observing from afar for a number of years, had to join as I feel some of the members of this site have extremely short memories.

Allow me to inroduce myself:

Born Bolton many moons ago, but only lived there for short time of my meagre tenure on the planet.

Mothers family predominently Edgeworth.

Left Bolton @ 2 yr old 1970ish never lived there since, don't really know the town, apart from the family connection. and the fact that you can take the lad out of Bolton but you can't take BWFC out of the lad.

Dad RAF so lived away (in them days horse only form of transport) therefore first game, I think it was 1978 v Chelsea, stood on Railway embankment we won 2-1, I think, can't remmeber the game that much, Neil Whatmore et al. all I remember was dad took me to see Star Wars later that week, that was the Dogs Blx, but somehow flying a TIE fighter never really gripped me the same as following the Wanderers all the way down.

Eventually parents settled Preston so got to get across when my YTS wages could afford it. (Particularly liked going against PNE, I think it was O'Ghani Hatrick in the 4-0, the McGinley penalty etc.

Ist ever trip to Wembley (@ the time a dump, against Bristol :oops: , next time I made it was Reading :D )

I see nearly every game live, t'internet is ace, but living in Germany it is hard to get to any matches now.

Athough it was nice under Bruce Rioch to relish the odd giant killing, it was short lived. We are now enjoying are most sustained period of success, (TOP FLIGHT football) in my lifetime. I am enjoying it while it lasts.
Last edited by ukfotp on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:27 pm

Fantastic introduction :pray:

Welcome to the site, I'm certain just by your first post that you will find a very receptive home here.

I'm off to Germany for three years myself in October (Munchin Gladbach), so you won't be the only T-W white out there :D

ukfotp
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ukfotp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Fantastic introduction :pray:

Welcome to the site, I'm certain just by your first post that you will find a very receptive home here.

I'm off to Germany for three years myself in October (Munchin Gladbach), so you won't be the only T-W white out there :D
Just done a little sojourn in Bicester, what a treat that was (BSM), the new flapjack stadium is the mutts, not far from the Big House, prices gone up a bit from the old stadium but its still cheap compared to the conference.

Plus youv'e got the treat of the local derby against Koln.

Street of a thousand pubs in flapjack ain't what it used to be but it's still a better night out than most places in blighty.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Welcome ukfotp - one more for the BWFC foreign legion.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

ukfotp
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ukfotp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome ukfotp - one more for the BWFC foreign legion.
Thanks, hopefully back to blighty for FA Cup 3rd round week, then our southern hemisphere fan club is calling!

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 pm

ukfotp wrote:

Just done a little sojourn in Bicester, what a treat that was (BSM), the new flapjack stadium is the mutts, not far from the Big House, prices gone up a bit from the old stadium but its still cheap compared to the conference.

Street of a thousand pubs in flapjack ain't what it used to be but it's still a better night out than most places in blighty.
Did a five year tour there 91-96 and did the street many times, but christ was it expensive!! Shudder to think what it's going to cost for a session now! :?

ukfotp
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ukfotp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:59 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
ukfotp wrote:

Did a five year tour there 91-96 and did the street many times, but christ was it expensive!! Shudder to think what it's going to cost for a session now! :?
I left the 'Big House' in 2005, that locale is on it's last legs, Queensway gone, Blue Pool Bar gone (can't remember it's name at the mo, plus currently in the worst lager in the world :wink: and had to have a couple of the cheeky tax free beverages ( nearly :pissed: ) quite close to Paderborn.

Cologne was my destinatination of choice, Leo Sayer from Flapjack, last train back, and more bars than Strangeways.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:05 pm

ukfotp wrote:
ukfotp wrote:

I left the 'Big House' in 2005, that locale is on it's last legs, Queensway gone, Blue Pool Bar gone (can't remember it's name at the mo, plus currently in the worst lager in the world :wink: and had to have a couple of the cheeky tax free beverages ( nearly :pissed: ) quite close to Paderborn.

Cologne was my destinatination of choice, Leo Sayer from Flapjack, last train back, and more bars than Strangeways.
Was it the Royal? outdoor swimming pool attached to the rear of the pub, with at hirty foot diving board. The nearest to an old English pub we had. Never liked the Queens way, but had a soft spot for the Marly and the Dutch bar (best beer I've ever tasted, even if you get sod all per glass!)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Welcome.

ukfotp
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ukfotp » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:18 pm

ukfotp wrote:
ukfotp wrote:

Was it the Royal? outdoor swimming pool attached to the rear of the pub, with at hirty foot diving board. The nearest to an old English pub we had. Never liked the Queens way, but had a soft spot for the Marly and the Dutch bar (best beer I've ever tasted, even if you get sod all per glass!)
Yep the Royal..gone, Dutch Bar... gone, Belgie bar...gone, Boxhead canteen(by PX0...gone and the PX might not be there for much longer.

UKFOTP...gone for a wobbly.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 pm

aye that famous Irish international George O'ghani. :roll:

I won't take this piss too much as you seem to have a gun
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:19 pm

or as soldier says, a nug.