Belgium

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Thomskie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Belgium

Post by Thomskie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi,

I'm Thomas (20y) from Belgium. Currently studying and living in Antwerp. I'm a Bolton wanderers fan since 2 years and got myself a Nolan shirt from the official fanshop last year. If anyone is visiting Antwerp, please PM and we will go for a beer.

I saved some money last year to visit a Wanderers game. Now I want to come over one of the next months. I'll probably will go with Ryanair to the Manch. Airport and go by train to the stadium. As far as I've checked it, this is a good possibility. Anyone experience with coming from Manchester to the Reebok Stadium (and back after the game)?

Is it possible to get tickets on matchday itself (hoping it isn't sold out then)? Hope someone can help me.
Probably for most of you, it is really simple but for a non-native english speaker as me, I want to have things double checked before I come over.

Gr,

Belgian Wanderer
Thomas

PS: Sorry for my bad english
Last edited by Thomskie on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:42 pm

you'll be fine

it's easy

ditch the nolan shirt, he's rubbish

but welcome, and good luck

Thomskie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thomskie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Batman wrote:you'll be fine

it's easy

ditch the nolan shirt, he's rubbish

but welcome, and good luck
Thanks.

Mmm, and I was thinking a supporter had to support every member of the team. Well, probably you guys know more of him as you see them playing every 2 weeks.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:45 pm

some do, some prefer not to be so blinkered.

we go to the game every 2 weeks, and nolan puts on a shirt, but that's a long way from 'playing'

Thomskie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thomskie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 pm

Okay, additional question. Is it safe to put on a Bolton shirt during the trip of man. airport to reebok stadium? Or is there a big chance you get beated by some scum of those two shit-teams from manchester?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:50 pm

i like the cut of your jib

you'll be alright, in terms of manchester spit united, their fans tend to reside closer to Londinium

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Thomskie wrote:Okay, additional question. Is it safe to put on a Bolton shirt during the trip of man. airport to reebok stadium? Or is there a big chance you get beated by some scum of those two shit-teams from manchester?
So long as we are not playing them, you should be fine. However, I have heard Batman beats up people wearing a Nolan shirt. He doesn't represent the majority view of Nolan but perhaps the most vociferous. I'm sure others will tell you all the details you need to know about trains and tickets.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Thomskie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thomskie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thomskie wrote:Okay, additional question. Is it safe to put on a Bolton shirt during the trip of man. airport to reebok stadium? Or is there a big chance you get beated by some scum of those two shit-teams from manchester?
So long as we are not playing them, you should be fine. However, I have heard Batman beats up people wearing a Nolan shirt. He doesn't represent the majority view of Nolan but perhaps the most vociferous. I'm sure others will tell you all the details you need to know about trains and tickets.

Well, a second and other shirt is one of the possibilities. However, they are unfindable in Belgium.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:04 pm

thomas

there is a train from the airport to bolton...

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manw ... etworkMaps

From bolton either change trains to Lostock Park Way, 200m from the stadium
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Thomskie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thomskie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:16 pm

Thanks guys.

I'm planning to visit against man city on the 2nd of Nov.
Anyone else from the manchester region coming by train to our favourite team?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:19 pm

communistworkethic wrote:thomas

there is a train from the airport to bolton...

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manw ... etworkMaps

From bolton either change trains to Lostock Park Way, 200m from the stadium
Isn't it Horwich Parkway?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Antwerpen, one of my favourite cities. There are that many fantastic restaurants and bars there that you can lose most of your evening just by walking around and trying to make a decision. That's tied in with one simply gawping in admiration at the magnificent architecture. Welcome to the site, Thomskie.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Thomskie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thomskie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Antwerpen, one of my favourite cities. There are that many fantastic restaurants and bars there that you can lose most of your evening just by walking around and trying to make a decision. That's tied in with one simply gawping in admiration at the magnificent architecture. Welcome to the site, Thomskie.

Thanks Bruce Rioja!

If you are coming over, pm me so we could have a chat at a bar or pub.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:36 pm

sexy time!

Dax
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Dax » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:37 pm

:lol:
"I'm like a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I actually caught one."

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:39 pm

Dude, flyvlm can be cheaper than ryanair and they don't try to advertise to you the whole of the flight. Not that I've looked into going to Antwerp :pissed: Looks a cool city

Thomskie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thomskie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:42 pm

Batman wrote:sexy time!
Probably I said something wrong as English isn't my mother tongue. I mean ofcourse: having a beer.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:46 pm

sure, that's what i meant

over here we call it 'sexy time'

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Thomskie wrote:
Batman wrote:sexy time!
Probably I said something wrong as English isn't my mother tongue. I mean ofcourse: having a beer.
Don't worry, for Batman that's all sexy time means

Thomskie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thomskie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:54 pm

Batman wrote:sure, that's what i meant

over here we call it 'sexy time'
Okay, sorry :mrgreen:

I don't think you guys have so much different brands of beers as we have. On one corner of the street where I live they have 60different beers and are open 24h/24h 7d/7d. On the other corner they have 147 different beers. :pray: