Long time listener, first time caller

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

seattle_wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Long time listener, first time caller

Post by seattle_wanderer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi all,
just thought I should do the honest thing and do what the all-powerful moderators say I should and announce myself here. I've already had a PM asking if the licence plate in my avatar is really mine, and yes it is! I'm in Nashville, Tennessee, and I'm pretty sure that no-one here has any idea of what a BWFC is - except for all my mates, who know I'm something of a Bolton nutter - being from 'near manchester' anyone who knows what football is immediately asks me about ManU..... Now that gets my back up!

Chris

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Welcome, Chris. I doubt there are too many BWFC vanity plates knocking around anywhere in North America.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Welcome, dude. How long you been Stateside? We've got a few over yonder.

Feel free to have dip yer toe in the water by explaining in here how you feel in love with the beautiful awful wonderful horror that is BWFC.

DSB

seattle_wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by seattle_wanderer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Well let's see. I went to my first Bolton game with my Dad when I was 7 (so that'd be ~1972)- sitting in the Burnden Stand. Best memory of Burnden would be Big Sam's header against Sunderland (was that with a crowd of 60,000?). We had season tickets there plus some 'occasional' tickets over the other side in the Manny Road stand, which meant that the whole family got to go to most if not all of the games. That lasted all the way to Uni, through the highs and lows that come with supporting Bolton.
At Uni in Bristol, that limited the number of games I got to, but at least at that time Bolton were in the same division as Bristols City and Rovers... OF course it also meant that I got to endure a coach trip with Bristol City fans to and from the Freight Rover final. Moved to London which meant that I got some relief at the Sherpa Van Final against Torquay though....
I've now been in the states for 19 years, and all Christmas and other return trips are preceded by checking out the fixture list of course! Over here, there are usually 2-3 prem games shown live, and I'm sure Bolton are shown the least frequently - but they are on twice this month, which makes up for their non-appearance the last couple of months. All I can say is god bless the internet - watching a stream of iraqi tv on a russian website in the US maybe painful but it got me the Spurs game last weekend!

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Welcome fella!

I've always fancied a trip to Nashville in the hope that there's loads of roots Bluegrass players over there... I fear it strays into LeAnne Rimes territory though.

Anyway, get stuck in on them boards!
Viva La Portable Radio!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Welcome :-)

If only we could get plates like that in Blighty...

...then some bugger with more money than me would probably have 'em.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Chickaree pom come with me, down to Nashville Tennessee. Welcome aboard. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:56 pm

Yeah, another ex-pat! G'day, Chris. As you are a self-described-lurker-now-a-legitimate-member, you'll be well aware of the absolute mayhem that occurs on this forum from time-to-time. There is, they tell me, a fine line between genius and madness - and that statement is proved beyond doubt by the postings to be found on this site.

Sorry about all the hyphens; I have decided my keyboard is not getting the use that it should; next week it'll be semi-colons.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:57 pm

big welcome... I remember nightmare trips to bristol city away and slightly less scarey, but hardly more productive in points, to rovers... did you ever see them win? Best I've managed at either was a 0-0 at city and a 1-1 at rovers... always fun to travel with me, obviously...

welcome to the site... :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:54 am

Great intro NW. :D
Hello and welcome. Enjoy the site.
Businesswoman of the year.

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14 am

Welcome, just to let you knoe your view counts for nothing ;)

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:20 am

potter1989bwfc wrote:Welcome, just to let you knoe your view counts for nothing ;)
That's just you, pal. :twisted:

Welcome aboard NW!
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Long time listener, first time caller

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 pm

nashville_wanderer wrote:Hi all,
just thought I should do the honest thing and do what the all-powerful moderators say I should and announce myself here. I've already had a PM asking if the licence plate in my avatar is really mine, and yes it is! I'm in Nashville, Tennessee, and I'm pretty sure that no-one here has any idea of what a BWFC is - except for all my mates, who know I'm something of a Bolton nutter - being from 'near manchester' anyone who knows what football is immediately asks me about ManU..... Now that gets my back up!

Chris
My Fiancee has ** 3WFC for her number plate in the UK.... Looks good!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Chris
The plate or your fiancee?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Chris
Ermmm..... The Fiancee of course.....

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:25 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Chris
Ermmm..... The Fiancee of course.....
Is the (politically) correct answer! :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

SuperWhiteWarrior
Promising
Promising

Post by SuperWhiteWarrior » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Welcome to the forum
Where The One And Only Wanderers

Seamus' good leg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Seamus' good leg » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Welcome NW :- a fan with pedigree, age and insight enough to make sense of my members name!