Siggi from Mönchengladbach says hello to all Wanderers!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Siggi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Siggi from Mönchengladbach says hello to all Wanderers!

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:19 am

Hi there!
I just wanted to take a look around here and catch the latest informations about the Wanderers and their crowd.
I'm looking forward to our friendly game tomorrow in Mönchengladbach. I'm a Mönchengladbach supporter since 1994 and live in Viersen, which is about 10 miles north from the stadium.

I hope, we're all enjoying this friendly game tomorrow and I wish you and your team all the best for the following season.

For those who follow their team to Mönchengladbach: Enjoy our beer and have Fun!
:pissed:
Last edited by Siggi on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Siggi from Mönchengladbach says hello to all Wanderers!

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 am

Siggi wrote:Hi there!
I just wanted to take a look around here and catch the latest informations about the Wanderers and their crowd.
I'm looking forward to our friendly game tomorrow in Mönchengladbach. I'm a Mönchengladbach supporter since 1994 and live in Viersen, which is about 10 miles north from the stadium.

I hope, we're all enjoying this friendly game tomorrow and I wish you and your team all the best for the following season.

For those how follow their team to Mönchengladbach: Enjoy our beer and have Fun!
:pissed:
Welcome Siggi - enjoy the game tomorrow. I believe we're going to keep it tight tomorrow, for a nil-nil draw so we only need one in the home leg.....errrrr.....

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:59 am

Wilkommen Siggi, wie gehts?

Welcome to the site.

Any tips on who your best players are, who we should be looking out for?

Good luck for the game tomorrow.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Siggi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:12 am

enfieldwhite wrote:Wilkommen Siggi, wie gehts?
Danke, gut! Und selbst? ;-)
enfieldwhite wrote: Welcome to the site.
Thanks!
enfieldwhite wrote:Any tips on who your best players are, who we should be looking out for?
Our best player, Marko Marin, left the club a few weeks ago and plays for Werder Bremen now. With Logan Bailly we have a very good goalkeeper who saved us some big points in the last season, but he's injured at the moment and can't play tomorrow. A player you might know is Oliver Neuville, he played for years in the German national team and shot important goals but now he's 36 years old and will not play every game from the first to the last minute. But I think, he will also play tomorrow because our first striker, Rob Friend from Canada, is also injured.
Some new players will be our new stars in the future - hopefully. Raul Bobadilla (argentinian striker from Grashoppers Zürich) and Juan Arango (venezolanian midfielder from RCD Mallorca). They both play tomorrow. But I've never seen them play, so I can't say if they are our best players. I hope that they will be good tomorrow ;-)

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:14 am

I didn't know you'd signed Arango! Kudos - Always liked the look of him on TV.
Was right all along

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:15 am

Oh, and sell us Michael Bradley please.
Was right all along

Siggi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:22 am

Bruno wrote:I didn't know you'd signed Arango! Kudos - Always liked the look of him on TV.
Good to know! Have also seen many scenes from him on YouTube. But our experiences with watching scenes from the player on YouTube after signing him are not so good. In the case of our last argentinian signing (Federico Insua), the player wasn't as half good as on YouTube and his stay in Mönchengladbach took only a year. We will see ;-)
Bruno wrote:Oh, and sell us Michael Bradley please.
Right, I forgot Michael Bradley. A very good player who fights the whole 90 minutes. There were rumors, that some teams from UK wanted to sign him after his success in the confed cup, but he wants to stay in Mönchengladbach and I'm happy about that because he is very very important for our team.

But we can sell you Steve Gohouri if you want to :mrgreen:

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:25 am

Siggi wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:Wilkommen Siggi, wie gehts?
Danke, gut! Und selbst? ;-)
enfieldwhite wrote: Welcome to the site.
Thanks!
enfieldwhite wrote:Any tips on who your best players are, who we should be looking out for?
Our best player, Marko Marin, left the club a few weeks ago and plays for Werder Bremen now. With Logan Bailly we have a very good goalkeeper who saved us some big points in the last season, but he's injured at the moment and can't play tomorrow. A player you might know is Oliver Neuville, he played for years in the German national team and shot important goals but now he's 36 years old and will not play every game from the first to the last minute. But I think, he will also play tomorrow because our first striker, Rob Friend from Canada, is also injured.
Some new players will be our new stars in the future - hopefully. Raul Bobadilla (argentinian striker from Grashoppers Zürich) and Juan Arango (venezolanian midfielder from RCD Mallorca). They both play tomorrow. But I've never seen them play, so I can't say if they are our best players. I hope that they will be good tomorrow ;-)
Zehr gut, danke.

And thanks for the heads up!

Not sure who we're going to put out tomorrow ourselves but we have a wealth of goalkeeping options in Jaaskelainen and Al Habsi (who played a blinder against Bayern in the Uefa Cup 2 seasons ago)

Expect Kevin Davies to put some pressure on your centre backs and in between well, it's anyone's guess.

Auf wiedersehn!
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Gosh, a Canadian striker as your top scorer! Most Canadian strikers seem to work for our railways these days. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Siggi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:01 pm

:lol: That was good :mrgreen:

But Rob Friend is a really interesting player. I'm excited to see how it works with him, Arango and Bobadilla next season. Our last season was very bad, we didn't have enough good offensive players and so there was only Rob in the front and there were many slow games that we lost with 0-1 or 1-2.