Evenin'

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Evenin'

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:53 am

80 posts in and mostly lurking, but I haven't done this formality. So I probably should.
I'm Bruce, a scots Bolton fan from the Highlands.
No really.

Been living in Ireland for the last 12 years and they're all crazy premiership fans here, sharing with Scotland the fact that our leagues are sort of naff and aren't on TV much. Moved into a house with some lads that watched MOTD every saturday, and me following Ross County, felt a little left out. So I watched MOTD and followed the league for a year before I decided to give this 'premiership' a go. It was the BSA and Jay-Jay days and this Bolton lot looked a niggly, tough outfit. Which was kinda scottish I thought.

Fast forward 4 years and I'd like to say I'm a massive fan. By that I mean 4 years isn't a long time to support a team, and I didn't grow up in the area or make it to the Reebok yet so I dunno if I qualify yet. But I get that panicky, sweary feeling when I watch Bolton play and a proud feeling when I know my Irish mates are busy jumping on the Utd/Liverpool bandwagons. So, I'll keep plugging away, and maybe 10 years in I'll get that honorary membership, and maybe a visit to the stadium.

Cheers for reading this waffle.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:41 am

Any Bolton fan is fine here, just shows your good taste. Join in anywhere you like and feel welcome . :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Too late to sake welcome after 80 posts but good to know about you. Very occasionally people are accused of not being true fans for a variety of generally fatuous reasons. It doesn't happen often but if it does ignore it. You are as much a fan as anyone else if not such a financial supporter as some. Circumstances alter cases (said he from the safety of the other side of the pond).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:14 pm

I never did "new member" thingy. Is it too late for me?

Belated Welcome Jakerbeef
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:46 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:I never did "new member" thingy. Is it too late for me?Belated Welcome Jakerbeef
I don't know, who are you? :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:53 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:I never did "new member" thingy. Is it too late for me?Belated Welcome Jakerbeef
I don't know, who are you? :mrgreen:
I have no idea!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Cheers lads. I'm still getting to know the forum so I feel like noob I guess.

Still, it's acres better than the bwfc forum, which is a real free-for-all.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:Cheers lads. I'm still getting to know the forum so I feel like noob I guess.

Still, it's acres better than the bwfc forum, which is a real free-for-all.
Is that fooking thing still going? I was on there years back.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:17 am

I started there as well. I moaned a bit once about the crap being posted and someone directed me to this site. I don't think that poster is here any longer but I still appreciate his advice. Hope you enjoy as well.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:02 pm

seanworth wrote:I started there as well. I moaned a bit once about the crap being posted and someone directed me to this site. I don't think that poster is here any longer but I still appreciate his advice. Hope you enjoy as well.
Did you kill him? It's not that bad here!!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:
seanworth wrote:I started there as well. I moaned a bit once about the crap being posted and someone directed me to this site. I don't think that poster is here any longer but I still appreciate his advice. Hope you enjoy as well.
Did you kill him? It's not that bad here!!

:D