Some more Bier and Wurst

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Puskas wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote: Listen. If the only thing you can pick me up on is that, then I'm doing pretty well, no?

P.S. Thank you Babelfish
Well, I'm not sure about the use of "Das Geben" for the present continuous tense.

But it may be correct. And if so, where should it go in the sentence? Second? At the end? Or just where you put it - it looks to be a noun there....

As I said, I don't know German.
Read the small print, neither do I! :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Fräulein
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Fräulein » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 am

hoboh2o wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
Wir halten Hühner in unserem Hinterhof,
wir einziehen sie auf indischem Mais.
Aber man ist bummeln Für das Geben das andere
Ein Doppelpol über der Wand!
Hum, I must confess that I don't know this song, therefor I see no chance but to babelfish you back. Well then, the first sentence is the only correct one and it even makes sense. If I should retranslate the second, it might say

"we move into them on indian corn"

Would seem like some uncomely practice performed on a stupid named drug. But I found "einziehen" for "to feed", which was completely unknown to me, and then it should say

"Wir füttern sie mit indischem Mais"

Puskas is right about that "one" thing in the third sentence, except that it's not "aber ein" but "aber einer". However, I don't quite get it. Is it about somebody spending what they worked hard for together?

Now, who would want "a double pole over the wall"? Or is it a DPST? Did you even have electricity when that song was written? Please give me the original text, or even better, have another try!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:46 am

" Twas dort über dem Rhein hinaus traf ich Rosaline. Ihr Haar war, also taten Messe und ihre Augen shine" :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Fräulein wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:
Hum, I must confess that I don't know this song, therefor I see no chance but to babelfish you back. Well then, the first sentence is the only correct one and it even makes sense. If I should retranslate the second, it might say

Would seem like some uncomely practice performed on a stupid named drug. But I found "einziehen" for "to feed", which was completely unknown to me, and then it should say

Puskas is right about that "one" thing in the third sentence, except that it's not "aber ein" but "aber einer". However, I don't quite get it. Is it about somebody spending what they worked hard for together?

Now, who would want "a double pole over the wall"? Or is it a DPST? Did you even have electricity when that song was written? Please give me the original text, or even better, have another try!
Aber einer. Damn. I'm now having flashbacks to German lessons in school, and learning nominative, accusative, dative and genitive. Or whatever. It was a long time ago. Mr Bates. That was the teacher's amusing name. Young Mr Bates, as we called him. Funny, weren't we?

Double-pole sounds rude. What's German for piggy-back?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:29 pm

Fräulein wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:

It should be (I hope)

We keep chickens in our backyard
We feed them on Indian Corn
But one's a bugger
For giving the other
A piggy-back over the wall!

It doesn't make sense as it's not meant to. Like Chelsea's 'Celery' Song
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Ich bin kein haustier

is about as good as it got for my german

loved Munich though when we visited - hope to do some proper touring (and drinking) in your country soon!

mean1010
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mean1010 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for the feedback. That is very useful.
plan solution commission de surendettement - commission de surendettement, vous pouvez demander un dossier de surendettement.plan solution commission de surendettement