new welsh boy to the ranks

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

is Chung Young Lee a quolity signing

Poll ended at Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 7

gerjones2112
Hopeful
Hopeful

new welsh boy to the ranks

Post by gerjones2112 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:24 pm

hi guys, im new to this site, only found it through another fan site on facebook

its good to be here though, i live in chester, and being so close to liverpool and manc land i am over ran with little fat ginger kids who support liverpool or stupid fashion crazy girls who suports man u...oh im a Teaching assistant by the way, and its sad being the only bolton fan in the whole school...but i hold my head up high and wear my shirt with pride...i also give each little liverpool fan a quick clought round the ears every now and again just to let them know whos the strongest :whack: ...lol..nah im joking of cours, i dont condone child beatings, even if they are scous or manc fans :mrgreen:

well what i love about bolton so far this season is the new style, yes a new style!! i think Megson is doing a good job, even though everyone seems to hate him. Cung Young Lee is a quolity signing, not because hes going to be awesome on the pitch but also because of all the doors in aisia he opens for us. just look at the new Korean fans we already have...good work Mr Chung. i might even get the new shirt with your name on it, "C.LEE" i can afford that many letters, the "." might come free :wink:

all i wish is that i could go and see more games at the reebok, i work saterdays, being a teaching assistant dont pay well so need to jobs, this means i miss out on all the saturday games. :cry:

right im off to batter some ginger scous kids...nah nah just joking

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 pm

I wouldn't keep using the term 'ginger' as derogatory, there's LOADS of us here...

It should be used for describing the root only...

Just a gentle word of warning

Now enjoy the site and keep the white flag flying high :pissed:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Welcome! I suppose Bolton are the closest unfashionable EPL team to Chester (Wigan being the height of fashion, or so I've heard). Do you have other reasons for supporting the Whites?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:34 pm

boltonboris wrote:I wouldn't keep using the term 'ginger' as derogatory, there's LOADS of us here...

Exactly, we don't like racists round here.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Bruno wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I wouldn't keep using the term 'ginger' as derogatory, there's LOADS of us here...

Exactly, we don't like racists round here.
There are lots who racist anything good about Megson. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:48 pm

That was awful.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Bruno wrote:That was awful.
No, it was worse!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:20 am

No youre alright carry on. Its the one failing of this place.

SKD

Re: new welsh boy to the ranks

Post by SKD » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:07 am

gerjones2112 wrote: its good to be here though, i live in chester, and being so close to liverpool and manc land i am over ran with little fat ginger kids who support liverpool or stupid fashion crazy girls who suports man u...oh im a Teaching assistant by the way, and its sad being the only bolton fan in the whole school...
I was at school/college in Rivington/Bolton last year and it was similar. Which is quite depressing, really.

gerjones2112
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gerjones2112 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome! I suppose Bolton are the closest unfashionable EPL team to Chester (Wigan being the height of fashion, or so I've heard). Do you have other reasons for supporting the Whites?
my granddad went to uni in bolton to do teachers training back when he was 39, he died when he was 80 so way back in 1968ish...im only 26 though so havent supported them ince 1968 to be honset :D

plus i grew up in anglesey, and my best friends family his uncle and mother were from manchester and he used to take us to bolton matches, bere in minde every one around us when we grew up were massive liverpool or manchester fans, as is the case all along the north wales coast to Ireland.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Re: new welsh boy to the ranks

Post by americantrotter » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:57 pm

gerjones2112 wrote: oh im a Teaching assistant by the way, and its sad being the only bolton fan in the whole school...
Could be worse. You could be the only one in your state! Welcome. Glad to see you found a team of substance and stuck with them.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 pm

gerjones2112 wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Welcome! I suppose Bolton are the closest unfashionable EPL team to Chester (Wigan being the height of fashion, or so I've heard). Do you have other reasons for supporting the Whites?
my granddad went to uni in bolton to do teachers training back when he was 39, he died when he was 80 so way back in 1968ish...im only 26 though so havent supported them ince 1968 to be honset :D

plus i grew up in anglesey, and my best friends family his uncle and mother were from manchester and he used to take us to bolton matches, bere in minde every one around us when we grew up were massive liverpool or manchester fans, as is the case all along the north wales coast to Ireland.
a few weeks ago i went to a research conference and saw a presentation about the bolton tech education college of those days (now, as you rightly say, part of Bolton Uni)... lots of photos, wonder if there was one of your grandad, what did he teach? ... was he from bolton and a supporter, so you inherited the club despite your surroundings? Or was it the best friend? Or both?

anyway, welcome... :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:48 am

It's not unusual

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Welcome aboard.

gerjones2112
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gerjones2112 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 pm

William the White wrote:
gerjones2112 wrote:

a few weeks ago i went to a research conference and saw a presentation about the bolton tech education college of those days (now, as you rightly say, part of Bolton Uni)... lots of photos, wonder if there was one of your grandad, what did he teach? ... was he from bolton and a supporter, so you inherited the club despite your surroundings? Or was it the best friend? Or both?

anyway, welcome... :D
its both i supose, inherited and the friend due to an inital equal intrest, but as his family were all supporters it developed my intrest more. my granddad was originaly a draftsman for a company that built sea plains and buses in a factory in beumaris, anglesey. but then decided he wanted to be a teacher so went to bolton to study to become a maths teacher.

send me a link or something to them photos. i take it they are accessable on the web some where.

to be very honest i didnt really have a massive intrest in footbal until i was 16-17ish, i always supported Bolton and tryed to follow what was going on. but growing up in anglesey i was always surfing or skating, football was never a big intrest untill i left school and started goping to collage. there i was closer to bolton and could go to games and be around people who were mad about football, i gues it rubs off on you.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:28 pm

hoboh2o wrote:It's not unusual
I've never thrown my knickers at him
Businesswoman of the year.