now then

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gloucester White
Hopeful
Hopeful

now then

Post by Gloucester White » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:11 am

Hello everyone, thought I'd sign up to this forum as I am a huge Bolton fan. That said I hate megson with a passion.
From Stoneclough originally but now live in the Cotswolds, I used to come up for about 6 home games a season with my son and get in a few away games, ant bothered for over 12 months now. I shall return when coco the clown has gone.
Anyroad that will do for now.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:11 am

You'll do fer me

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: now then

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:13 am

Gloucester White wrote:Hello everyone, thought I'd sign up to this forum as I am a huge Bolton fan. That said I hate megson with a passion.
From Stoneclough originally but now live in the Cotswolds, I used to come up for about 6 home games a season with my son and get in a few away games, ant bothered for over 12 months now. I shall return when coco the clown has gone.

campo left ages ago! :conf:

Gloucester White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gloucester White » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:26 am

thebish wrote:
Gloucester White wrote:Hello everyone, thought I'd sign up to this forum as I am a huge Bolton fan. That said I hate megson with a passion.

I beleive he left because someone posing as a football manager didn't like the way he and several other senior players took no notice of what the ginger gimp was saying and hence secured another season in the top flight for BWFC. :whack:
The future's bright, the future is ginger free :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:40 am

Gloucester White wrote:
thebish wrote:

I beleive he left because someone posing as a football manager didn't like the way he and several other senior players took no notice of what the ginger gimp was saying and hence secured another season in the top flight for BWFC. :whack:
or because his legs were gone and he was well past it??

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:42 am

He was still a better bet than the Blackpool badger

Gloucester White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gloucester White » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 am

thebish wrote:
Gloucester White wrote:
thebish wrote:

or because his legs were gone and he was well past it??
He could still do a better job than McCann or is it McCant, I forget. As could Stelios and Guthrie, Would you like me to give you some more names he and the fat one have got rid of only to replace with lesser players or infact have not yet replaced or are you as bored as I am?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:47 am

Bruno wrote:He was still a better bet than the Blackpool badger
i doubt it... do you forget quite what a comedy pantomime horse campo was at the point we let him go??

(don;t get me wrong - utter Bolton hero in my book - my daughter named her bear after him - and still chants his name - but he WAS well past it!)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:49 am

Gloucester White wrote:
He could still do a better job than McCann or is it McCant, I forget. As could Stelios and Guthrie, Would you like me to give you some more names he and the fat one have got rid of only to replace with lesser players or infact have not yet replaced or are you as bored as I am?
if your argument is that campo and stelios would merit a place in today's team - then don't bother!

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:51 am

Guthrie :lol:

One of the worst players we've had in ages!

Gloucester White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gloucester White » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:16 am

thebish wrote:
Gloucester White wrote:
if your argument is that campo and stelios would merit a place in today's team - then don't bother!
I'm not argueing, I'm giving you my opinion and as i see it my opinion is more sound than yours so therefore I'm right...............Again. lol
Seriously Bish, Campo, Stelios and Guthrie (yes Bruno, Guthrie) could do a better job than McCann,. He is used as a holding midfielder when he comes on as a SUB, he couldn't hold a pint and can't PASS water never mind a football. Bish, I have highlighted the two important words for you, sub and pass. I am 44 and my legs went years ago but I can still pass a ball into feet from distance and I was not and am not anywhere near the class of Campo et al but the same goes for him, your legs might go but your passing ability doesn't. As for Guthrie Bruno he showed great potential at Bolton and is now turning in great performances for the bar codes. Yes I know they are in the championship but they are playing great football unlike another team I could mention.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:38 pm

Welcome, G.W. - I see you are getting in to the spirit of things.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Welcome!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Aye - welcome from me n all...