Hi from California

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

JusticeCovert
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hi from California

Post by JusticeCovert » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 am

Hi Guys,
Happened upon the site while Googling for a decent image of one of the old club badges to get a tattoo of - apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't want ribbons. ;) I'm 35, originally from Devon, now living in California. Dad's side of the family is all from Lancashire though, and most are Bolton fans. I used to see more of Bolton at Torquay/Exeter than at Burnden Park as a kid, but nowadays I try to get to the Reebok anytime I'm in the country.

All the best, Justin

PS. I still haven't found an image for the tattoo, I know it's been asked in other threads, but any help would be much appreciated.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:12 am

Welcome. Whereabouts in Ca. ? I get to San Diego occasionally & simply love that area.

http://www.sportingkicks.co.uk/shop.php ... eam=Bolton Wanderers&prodid=783&product=Bolton Badge Set

or this one, from a US based web site called "Everything English"
http://www.google.com/products?q=bolton ... CEYQzAMwCg

There's a badge set shown here which, when enlarged, gives a reasonable image. Not that I'm encouraging tattoo's, mind !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:24 am

Go the whole way and have a full size Lofthouse tat on your back and a 'Supa John' on the inside of your wrist from your elbow to hand...cool.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:36 am

Greetings! I'm sure the weather is more clement where you are than where most of us reside.

Get stuck in on them boards, studs showing.
I write words for a living. I play records for a living. Both of these thing should tell you that I'm a failed musician.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Welcome!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi JC and welcome. I've got a son lives in Simi Valley CA. He and his wife has just won two tickets to the Rosebowl in Pasadena? He's over the moon because apparently, these things are priceless.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:56 pm

welcome aboard

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Glad to have more fans from this side of the Atlantic even if you are from the wrong side of the 49th Parallel. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Big welcome.

Real men don't tattoo...

(Though plenty of Bolton women do...)

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:52 pm

I've heard LA is a right shit hole, is that true?
Was right all along

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Bruno wrote:I've heard LA is a right shit hole, is that true?
Well, Bruno, he may live further away from LA than you do from any town in the UK - so he may have to rely on the same sources you do. Qui le sait.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruno wrote:I've heard LA is a right shit hole, is that true?
Well, Bruno, he may live further away from LA than you do from any town in the UK - so he may have to rely on the same sources you do. Qui le sait.
Or, living in the same state as LA he might be an occasional visitor and so will have an opinion on the topic - how about we just let him speak?
Was right all along

JusticeCovert
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JusticeCovert » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Welcome. Whereabouts in Ca. ? I get to San Diego occasionally & simply love that area.

http://www.sportingkicks.co.uk/shop.php ... eam=Bolton Wanderers&prodid=783&product=Bolton Badge Set

or this one, from a US based web site called "Everything English"
http://www.google.com/products?q=bolton ... CEYQzAMwCg

There's a badge set shown here which, when enlarged, gives a reasonable image. Not that I'm encouraging tattoo's, mind !!
Thanks for the help :) I'm living in Oakland right now, and work just across the bay in San Francisco. I get down to LA once or twice a year as well. I have a few friends down there who are great, but personally I'm not a big fan of the city - the six-hour road trip isn't much fun either.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Paid a trip to Oakland to catch the A's a goodly time ago on a nice three week tour of the state.

Loved San Francisco.

Didn't LA.

Loved Redwoods and mountains. And did the Camino Real trip down the coast at a leisurely pace. Was great. :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:23 pm

William the White wrote:Paid a trip to Oakland to catch the A's a goodly time ago on a nice three week tour of the state.

Loved San Francisco.

Didn't LA.

Loved Redwoods and mountains. And did the Camino Real trip down the coast at a leisurely pace. Was great. :D

yOU LOT!!!!! :roll:

what is up with Bennidorm!!!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:57 pm

William the White wrote:Paid a trip to Oakland to catch the A's a goodly time ago on a nice three week tour of the state.

Loved San Francisco.

Didn't LA.

San Francisco is a great city and I love the coast north of it (all the way to Canada) and south to Monterey. Never been to LA though, so have no opinion.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:14 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:San Francisco is a great city and I love the coast north of it (all the way to Canada) and south to Monterey. Never been to LA though, so have no opinion.
Hmm, Monty, there are times I worry about your patriotism. :D

Ooer! My apologies fly to our new found hidden magistrate. Welcome, Your Honor, may your seat be comfortable and your countenance fierce.

LILYCOOL
Hopeful
Hopeful

great

Post by LILYCOOL » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 am

:whack:
I love FASHION BOOTS MOST.
Fantasy is the destination. Logic is the journey.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:31 am

Dujon wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:San Francisco is a great city and I love the coast north of it (all the way to Canada) and south to Monterey. Never been to LA though, so have no opinion.

Ooer! My apologies fly to our new found hidden magistrate. Welcome, Your Honor, may your seat be comfortable and your countenance fierce.
First welcome to the site.

Dujon.

On the west coast of N.A. there is kind of a subculture that includes N. California, Oregon, Washington State and B.C.. L.A. and S. California is excluded along with Alaska.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:14 pm

seanworth wrote:
Dujon wrote:

First welcome to the site.

Dujon.

On the west coast of N.A. there is kind of a subculture that includes N. California, Oregon, Washington State and B.C.. L.A. and S. California is excluded along with Alaska.
Which includes some very large trees and extinct volcanoes.