Hi from Australia

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

qwertyboy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hi from Australia

Post by qwertyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:14 am

Hi everybody,
I have only recently started to become involved in EPL and have looked at a couple of teams I would like to support. Being a fifteen year old from Australia everyone of my friends go for the big 4 however I want to support a club that has passion and the underdog feeling.

I hope you can convince me even more that I am making the right choice in supporting Bolton because at the moment I am a bit tentitive but I hope that all changes because I really like the club.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:10 am

Welcome qwertyboy.

Definitely the right choice. You will find the pain exquisite! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

finlayson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by finlayson » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi qwertyboy, as ZTOT says, if you are a bit of a sadist choose us as your EPL team!

Who is your Aussie team?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:56 pm

G'day and welcome.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 pm

G'day, qwertyboy. You know that with a user name like that you could be seen as a 'keyboard warrior' don't you? :wink:

No worries, mate, you have come to the right club and the right forum to experience the highs and the lows of football. At your age that's no bad thing - imagine following one of the 'top four' and then crying if your team doesn't win a game by 4 goals!

If you have no personal connection with Bolton then you have lots of time to look around and change your mind if you so wish. I hope you will not, even should the unmentionable happen. Keep in mind that we're a bit like Perth Glory and not a bit like the Queensland weather. In fact, keeping the weather analogy going, we're probably more akin to that in Melbourne. :shock:

There're quite a few of us in Australia on this forum, most, but by no means all, are expats. I'm an expat. but I've lived here for 55 years (if you look over to the left of the screen you'll see where).

Whereabouts are you, qwertyboy, and do you follow the local A-League? There is no need to answer those questions as they are merely polite enquires.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

qwertyboy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by qwertyboy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:23 am

Dujon wrote:G'day, qwertyboy. You know that with a user name like that you could be seen as a 'keyboard warrior' don't you? :wink:

No worries, mate, you have come to the right club and the right forum to experience the highs and the lows of football. At your age that's no bad thing - imagine following one of the 'top four' and then crying if your team doesn't win a game by 4 goals!

If you have no personal connection with Bolton then you have lots of time to look around and change your mind if you so wish. I hope you will not, even should the unmentionable happen. Keep in mind that we're a bit like Perth Glory and not a bit like the Queensland weather. In fact, keeping the weather analogy going, we're probably more akin to that in Melbourne. :shock:

There're quite a few of us in Australia on this forum, most, but by no means all, are expats. I'm an expat. but I've lived here for 55 years (if you look over to the left of the screen you'll see where).

Whereabouts are you, qwertyboy, and do you follow the local A-League? There is no need to answer those questions as they are merely polite enquires.

Anyway, welcome aboard.
Hey thanks for your support. I am a local Melbourne boy and the weather hear has been beautiful of late :mrgreen: Of course being from Melbourne I go for the Victory who are playing well.

I don't know what got me into Bolton but at the moment am still weighing up whether to go for Bolton or Everton? I really like Bolton but I still have my doubt about both of the teams. However Bolton seems the way to go to enjoy the true football aspect :D Again thanks for your support.

So what is Bolton like as a club how would you sum them up? How far off are we from maybe challenging for a top 10 place?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:21 am

Ah, qwerty, that's a right good question 'n all.

Recent history will tell you that we (that's the club) qualified twice for the UEFA competition, which means we were well above, well just a bit over, tenth.

For the moment, good sir, we are in the Premier League. If you would like to see a potted history of the club you might check:

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/History/0,,1 ... 28,00.html

The Trotters/Whites/Wanderers have been back in the top echelon of English football for 10 years. For most of that time we, as fans, have tended to look downward rather than upward when it comes to working out where we will be at the end of each season. It seems that this season will be no different. :(

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:40 pm

It was less than half a decade ago that we were bragging about 4 consecutive top 8 finishes, two of them in 6th. One particular season we finished on the same points as the mighty Liverpool who that year were crowned the Champions of Europe.. a season after our First cup final since 1995, which is no mean feat, let's hope Coyle can take us back to these glory days.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:41 pm

This is some knob having a laugh, right? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:This is some knob having a laugh, right? :?
Was thinking the same.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:47 pm

seanworth wrote:
Was thinking the same.
Cynics! :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
seanworth wrote:
Was thinking the same.
Cynics! :wink:
Well, I do seem to know the price of everything! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:50 pm

You reckon?

LILYCOOL
Hopeful
Hopeful

lol

Post by LILYCOOL » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 am

lol
I love FASHION BOOTS MOST.
Fantasy is the destination. Logic is the journey.

Alex7754
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Hi from Australia

Post by Alex7754 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:23 pm

qwertyboy wrote:Hi everybody,
I have only recently started to become involved in EPL and have looked at a couple of teams I would like to support. Being a fifteen year old from Australia everyone of my friends go for the big 4 however I want to support a club that has passion and the underdog feeling.

I hope you can convince me even more that I am making the right choice in supporting Bolton because at the moment I am a bit tentitive but I hope that all changes because I really like the club.
What a liar...this guy goes for Everton...stop bullshitting.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Is " Queryt boy a nom-de-plume for "Keyboard warrior?"
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:57 pm

EVERTON Everton Everton; Everton Everton Everton!