2003-4 season review dvd

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

As for spell checking, newer firefox has a spell checker installed with it, otherwise there is Tango's word suggestion.
Of course you'll get criticism for using words like realize, humor, neighbor, etc., but that will happen with Word too. :wink:
Had it occurred to you that there is a proper English spelling dictionary in Word? Nobody needs to keep the default American version unless they really want to. If you have the proper English version set, then it will pull you up for neighbor and humor - as it fecking-well should!
Well, I never expected such language from a clerical man. Alas, I didn't buy the English version of Office (or any version for that matter - the University has a site license so I get if for nowt). At that price I can live with it underlining colour, etc. The underlining is only indicative o9f a change not mandatory. Though Word does irritate me by automatically putting a capital letter letter after any period (oooops I mean full stop). :wink:
There isn't an "English version" of word - just an option to choose which dictionary you want to spell-checker to use! If you are not careful, it simply defualts to U.S.

as for a cleric's language - you're obviously thinking of the lightweight candian cleric! ;-)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:28 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

As for spell checking, newer firefox has a spell checker installed with it, otherwise there is Tango's word suggestion.
Of course you'll get criticism for using words like realize, humor, neighbor, etc., but that will happen with Word too. :wink:
Had it occurred to you that there is a proper English spelling dictionary in Word? Nobody needs to keep the default American version unless they really want to. If you have the proper English version set, then it will pull you up for neighbor and humor - as it fecking-well should!
Well, I never expected such language from a clerical man. Alas, I didn't buy the English version of Office (or any version for that matter - the University has a site license so I get if for nowt). At that price I can live with it underlining colour, etc. The underlining is only indicative o9f a change not mandatory. Though Word does irritate me by automatically putting a capital letter letter after any period (oooops I mean full stop). :wink:
There isn't an "English version" of word - just an option to choose which dictionary you want to spell-checker to use! If you are not careful, it simply defualts to U.S.

as for a cleric's language - you're obviously thinking of the lightweight candian cleric! ;-)
Sugar coated?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote: as for a cleric's language - you're obviously thinking of the lightweight candian cleric! ;-)
Sugar coated?
:D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Over here we use a capital C for Canadian, and Candian for Candia NH natives (though I've never met a cleric from there).... :lmfao:

Edit: I note the Urban Dictionary does have the word candian which it defines as:

A hilarious word made by a hilariously stupid person who made a hilariously terrible attempt to try to zing Canada. See: hidneous

Oh well.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.