Hi from Bath

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hi from Bath

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:45 am

Welcome.

Do you know the Bishop of Bath and Wells by any chance?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Welcome.

Do you know the Bishop of Bath and Wells by any chance?
I was confirmed by the Bishop of Bath and Wells in Wells Cathedral. Of course that was in 1960 so there may be a new one. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi and welcome.

I lived there for four years up until i finished uni this summer. Lovely place, if a bit quiet. What's your business down there?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

pilates56
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pilates56 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:12 pm

I live in Beccles, Suffolk but was born in Aspull, 8 miles from Bolton but only 3 miles from the Reebok Stadium.

When we lost to Middlesborough in the Carling Cup final at Cardiff in 2003 (or 4 or 5, not sure) I got my ticket late, could not get there by train on the day or accomodation in Cardiff. I finished up having an enjoyable week-end, apart from the match result due in part to that cretonic ref. Mike (old Mother) Riley. I stayed in Bath on the Saturday evening and took in a Bath Choral Society concert in the Abbey followed by a couple of pints of good local bitter. I went back and forward to the match by train on the Sunday and back to Suffolk by car later that evening.

With my wife, daughter and her boyfriend we visited Bath as tourists last year staying in a good (but very expensive) town house in the middle of the city. My son, an avid Wanderers's fan was working at the big theatre in Bristol on the 'We will Rock You' musical, so he was able to spend some time with us. He is currently with the show in Manchester so was able to see the denouement of big Sam (in more ways than one) last Sunday.

Welcome aboard.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:47 pm

pilates56 wrote:I live in Beccles, Suffolk but was born in Aspull, 8 miles from Bolton but only 3 miles from the Reebok Stadium.

When we lost to Middlesborough in the Carling Cup final at Cardiff in 2003 (or 4 or 5, not sure) I got my ticket late, could not get there by train on the day or accomodation in Cardiff. I finished up having an enjoyable week-end, apart from the match result due in part to that cretonic ref. Mike (old Mother) Riley. I stayed in Bath on the Saturday evening and took in a Bath Choral Society concert in the Abbey followed by a couple of pints of good local bitter. I went back and forward to the match by train on the Sunday and back to Suffolk by car later that evening.

With my wife, daughter and her boyfriend we visited Bath as tourists last year staying in a good (but very expensive) town house in the middle of the city. My son, an avid Wanderers's fan was working at the big theatre in Bristol on the 'We will Rock You' musical, so he was able to spend some time with us. He is currently with the show in Manchester so was able to see the denouement of big Sam (in more ways than one) last Sunday.

Welcome aboard.
It wasn't on Henrietta Street was it by any chance?

pilates56
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pilates56 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
pilates56 wrote:I live in Beccles, Suffolk but was born in Aspull, 8 miles from Bolton but only 3 miles from the Reebok Stadium.

Welcome aboard.
It wasn't on Henrietta Street was it by any chance?
No, it wasn't on Henrietta St, but Beau St.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:02 am

Get in there!!!!

boltonbelter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonbelter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 pm

if anyone is coming to Bath, I can recommend some good places (and none of them owned by friends!!). It is a lovely lovely city, and great to live in aas well
In reply to some of the questions, Dr Matt is a chiropractor, and as mentioned before a Rugby fan! As he is a Southerner, I am proud that he is going to venture Ooop North over New Year, a bit disappointed its to Yorkshire (Southerners don't know the difference).
I am already looking forward to Sat early Kick Off, and am quietly confident of 3 points against Sunderland...then again, I have been wrong before...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:23 pm

all very welcoming :D but - Dr Matt has still only recorded that one post...

are you lurking Dr Matt?? helloooooooo!

DrMatt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DrMatt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:13 pm

hello guys its Dr matt

yes i am very busy & important so only managed the one post so far...

i think this is a good time to point out that i started the topic in support of a friend [boltonBelter]

however she has at least twice on here outed me as a soft southern shandy drinking, rugger hugger

all of which may be true... but i think we should allow ourselves 6hours of picking on her..

she is a comedy writer from bolton

lets start with some bolton girl jokes... that i can use for ammunition on her??

matt

boltonbelter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonbelter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:26 pm

right, its like that, I see.

Nowt funny with being a comedy writer from Bolton...no, wait...

and at least I never told everyone you cry at Britain's Got Talent....

DrMatt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DrMatt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:29 pm

X - Factor, get with the times granny x

boltonbelter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonbelter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 pm

wasn't it X Factor which ended LAST week, of course, I realise I may be too forward thinking for you.

anyway, perhaps you can enlighten us all with your views on Big Sam, your predo for Saturday's match, or I can lend you some condiments if you want to work out the offside rule?

DrMatt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DrMatt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:00 pm

.... see what i mean fella's

she is pick pick picking at me, when i started the this thread to support her in an hour of need.

im off to heal the sick

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:03 pm

:?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:09 pm

East Lower wrote::?

^^^^This.

boltonbelter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonbelter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:09 pm

interesting...Dr Matt gambling that male solidarity trumps Bolton Wanderers obsession...put it this way, only one of us can name the Leyland Daf Trophy winning team (actually complete squad, I'm a real wow at parties) without the aid of google...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Natasha v Mitch
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Eire_Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eire_Trotter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi Matt :)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:46 am

Have I logged onto some weird and wonderfull day time tv shows website by mistake? or is it Peter Kay and I claim my tenner!