The best close-season free transfer since Martin Petrov

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

The best close-season free transfer since Martin Petrov

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sat May 14, 2011 4:53 pm

...and I promise to whinge less.

Hello. I'm James/Jimbo, whatever.

I've been planning on joining The Wanderer when the season ends for a bit when I left my former hunting grounds; 606 (closing down) and Burnden Aces (gone shit).

I've decided to come over a bit earlier and see what it's all about, I already recognize a few familiar names off other forums and twitter (you can follow me at...www.twitter/jderbyshirebwfc -shameless plug!) so hopefully I'll slot right in!
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: The best close-season free transfer since Martin Petrov

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat May 14, 2011 4:56 pm

jimbo jimbo bimbo

aspiring journo

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 14, 2011 8:12 pm

the more the merrier - clamber on board and spunk your load...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat May 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Welcome, Jimbo (I won't suggest you spunk your load because the idiom escapes me....)
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

britlass
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by britlass » Sat May 14, 2011 11:43 pm

It appears you have irriated Sluffy with your post, Jimbo. Next thing you know, you'll be banned. :crazy:
what! What! WHAT!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat May 14, 2011 11:44 pm

:lol:

What the hell is going on over there? Get Big Sharps over :lol:

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun May 15, 2011 12:14 am

britlass wrote:It appears you have irriated Sluffy with your post, Jimbo. Next thing you know, you'll be banned. :crazy:
Oh well. :crazy: He's had it in for me since I dared challenge him over your banning and made him look like a petty dick in the main forum by pointing out you were banned for nowt.

Not sure why he's suggesting I wasn't open with my feelings, I don't have to answer to him and tell him my future plans. I told Manny a good while a go I'd probably leave- not to mention I posted the fact I thought Burnden Aces was goign down the shitter on twitter and I was planning on joining The Wanderer when the season finished...

Pretty much all the good posters left/were banned. Only people left worth having a debate with were Azreal, Le God, Dave, DH and Jamster.

Think Manny did a cracking job setting the site up and building a solid base to were it was at the very least a clear number 3 behind TW and WW but for his own reasons he cannot commit the same amount of time to it anymore and I think it's gone downhill. Less than 10 properly active posters. All the best topics were none-football related debates.

75% of the topics Bolton Wanderers are pointless voting threads that cluttered the site; who is the best number 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, etc. (surely a pointless exercise obviously Nicky Hunt for every position!) who is the best manager, who is the best player etc. pretty much decided then my time there would be short-lived.
Last edited by jimbo_bwfc on Sun May 15, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun May 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Welcome aboard.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:Not sure why he's suggesting I wasn't open with my feelings, I don't have to answer to him and tell him my future plans. I told Manny a good while a go I'd probably leave- not to mention I posted the fact I thought Burnden Aces was goign down the shitter on twitter and I was planning on joining The Wanderer when the season finished...
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 15, 2011 3:00 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:
britlass wrote:It appears you have irriated Sluffy with your post, Jimbo. Next thing you know, you'll be banned. :crazy:
Oh well. :crazy: He's had it in for me since I dared challenge him over your banning and made him look like a petty dick in the main forum by pointing out you were banned for nowt.

Not sure why he's suggesting I wasn't open with my feelings, I don't have to answer to him and tell him my future plans. I told Manny a good while a go I'd probably leave- not to mention I posted the fact I thought Burnden Aces was goign down the shitter on twitter and I was planning on joining The Wanderer when the season finished...

Pretty much all the good posters left/were banned. Only people left worth having a debate with were Azreal, Le God, Dave, DH and Jamster.

Think Manny did a cracking job setting the site up and building a solid base to were it was at the very least a clear number 3 behind TW and WW but for his own reasons he cannot commit the same amount of time to it anymore and I think it's gone downhill. Less than 10 properly active posters. All the best topics were none-football related debates.

75% of the topics Bolton Wanderers are pointless voting threads that cluttered the site; who is the best number 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, etc. (surely a pointless exercise obviously Nicky Hunt for every position!) who is the best manager, who is the best player etc. pretty much decided then my time there would be short-lived.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun May 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Get over yourself man

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Whatever history you and Britlass had with another site is of little interest here I'm afraid - even the bish fell asleep during his own sermon.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun May 15, 2011 3:50 pm

That's why I kept it off the main forum and only on this thread. No interest in going over old ground from BA other than a catch up with Britlass.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 15, 2011 3:58 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:That's why I kept it off the main forum and only on this thread. No interest in going over old ground from BA other than a catch up with Britlass.
Ah, well that's what the pm function is for.... :wink:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun May 15, 2011 4:02 pm

jimbo_bwfc wrote:That's why I kept it off the main forum and only on this thread. No interest in going over old ground from BA other than a catch up with Britlass.
'I told him of my plans to leave in the summer'

I fear you may be too big for us, or maybe just gulity of taking yourself way too seriously
Sto ut Serviam

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun May 15, 2011 4:13 pm

or he's just poking fun at them.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun May 15, 2011 4:15 pm

We shall see...

Welcome
Sto ut Serviam

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun May 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Ok, fair play CAPS, that came out as a little bit up my own arse. Although I didn't quite mean it as worded it.

I should qualify all the 'best signing since Petrov' etc. comments were all sarcasm too, as I suspect it may be coming across that I expect The Wanderer forum members to bow down to my feet or something. Far from it, I'm just here to post about BWFC and whatever else.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun May 15, 2011 6:06 pm

This thread is to introduce yourself to the rest of us.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 15, 2011 8:33 pm

We seem to be getting a lot of new members just recently.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.