Flying visit from a Spur

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Flying visit from a Spur

Post by TTID » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 am

Hi chaps
Just quickly registered to have a little chit-chat regarding the FA QF.

May the best team win on Sat & good luck for the rest of the season.

P.S i went out with a bird from Bolton once. Body off baywatch - face off crimewatch - still you can overlook things like that when you are 16..........

:wink:
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Flying visit from a Spur

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:57 am

TTID wrote:Hi chaps

P.S i went out with a bird from Bolton once. Body off baywatch - face off crimewatch - still you can overlook things like that when you are 16..........

we have a resident Gooner... she might pop up to say hi soon! for some reason, she wants bolton to progress in the cup... :wink:

she also promised to streak down the high street if Spurs finished above Arsenal - which, thanks to you lot totally stuffing it up, now seems unlikely - and has angered many Bolton fans on here who were looking forward to the spectacle!

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:59 am

Hi. You'll get on famously with Gooner Girl... you'll find her hanging about with the Running/Athletic Thread chaps.
I can't give you any tips about what she looks like (but apparently she is vertically challenged) but she is definitely passionate about Norf Landan football :wink:

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:02 pm

thebish wrote:
TTID wrote:Hi chaps

we have a resident Gooner... she might pop up to say hi soon! for some reason, she wants bolton to progress in the cup... :wink:

she also promised to streak down the high street if Spurs finished above Arsenal - which, thanks to you lot totally stuffing it up, now seems unlikely - and has angered many Bolton fans on here who were looking forward to the spectacle!
Tell me about it.....praying for Toon to come good tonight.
Still apart for Chealsea away our run in is 'reasonable' so we might still do it.

Nothing wrong with a verically challenged sort, always convenient to have somewhere to rest your pint.
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:04 pm

The Axman wrote:Hi. You'll get on famously with Gooner Girl... you'll find her hanging about with the Running/Athletic Thread chaps.
I can't give you any tips about what she looks like (but apparently she is vertically challenged) but she is definitely passionate about Norf Landan football :wink:
Well they have historically been good at that, they have had enough practice

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:08 pm

A bit like Italians. [non PC alarm]

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:49 pm

The Axman wrote:Hi. You'll get on famously with Gooner Girl... you'll find her hanging about with the Running/Athletic Thread chaps.
Am not vertically challenged! :whack: (theres pics on here of me to prove it!)

I hope Bolton stuff you in the cup final Spuds fan, and reckon there won't be any need for me to run down the village high street, clothed or otherwise, because it looks like St Totteringhams day may well happen as normal this year the rate you lot are going - especially if we beat the toon tonight...

I bet you're all looking back over your shoulder nervously now, after all the premature celebrating like you had won a cup final, of being above us...

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Told you, you'd like her :D

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:

I hope Bolton stuff you in the cup final Spuds fan, and reckon there won't be any need for me to run down the village high street, clothed or otherwise, because it looks like St Totteringhams day may well happen as normal this year the rate you lot are going - especially if we beat the toon tonight...

I bet you're all looking back over your shoulder nervously now, after all the premature celebrating like you had won a cup final, of being above us...
Not really. A 16th consecutive year of you not winning the CL (or anything for that matter) is always good for a laugh.
As for celebrating like you had won a cup final, were you actually at the bowl of silence for your 5-2 win? For a team that supposedly don't see us as rivals you certainly didn't act like it. Still, Wenger is the king of hypocricy so i suppose it was only a matter of time before it rubbed off on the fans.

Im East Sussex btw if you ever want to buy me a drink :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm

TTID wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Not really. A 16th consecutive year of you not winning the CL (or anything for that matter) is always good for a laugh.
As for celebrating like you had won a cup final, were you actually at the bowl of silence for your 5-2 win? For a team that supposedly don't see us as rivals you certainly didn't act like it. Still, Wenger is the king of hypocricy so i suppose it was only a matter of time before it rubbed off on the fans.

I was at the Arsenal - Spurs match where we thrashed you 5-2. I waved goodbye to all the spurs fans leaving 10 minutes before the final whistle. The crowd was mental that day so i don't know what planet you're on, were you there? Did you stay to the end? Cracking game, wasn't it?! :mrgreen:

I wasn't born last time Spurs won the league, were you?! ;)

I'll pass on the drink thanks, i'd probably get more intelligent conversation from my 16 month old twins...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
TTID wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I was at the Arsenal - Spurs match where we thrashed you 5-2. I waved goodbye to all the spurs fans leaving 10 minutes before the final whistle. The crowd was mental that day so i don't know what planet you're on, were you there? Did you stay to the end? Cracking game, wasn't it?! :mrgreen:

I'll pass on the drink thanks, i'd probably get more intelligent conversation from my 16 month old twins...
My word. You really do mean it you lot, don't you?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:15 pm

It's fascinating. Like being an anthropologist watching the social rituals of hunter-gatherer tribes who've come into contact with civilisation for the first time.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 pm

You lot don't really have one obvious hated enemy do you? Just quite a few local teams you don't like very much. Theres no HUGE derby like Arsenal - Spurs?

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Well... there's the pie-munchers, and the DMBs, and the Scousers like (hey up carm down la).

You're probably right.

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:

I think you missed my point, do try to keep up. We are supposedly no rivals to you as you are 'so successful' these days but you celebrated like you had won the CL (like that is ever going to happen LOL). Still it is nice that your 'support' get to actually sing at one home game a season. I have been to both the old & new Libraries on many many occasions, even before the days before the Sky4 were created & the game was invaded by glory hunting Tarquins & Ruperts in quited barbour jackets, most of whom ended up at your place.

Still, admittedly you can get a nice prawn vol au vent at yours.

You sure about the drink? im only a 15 mile drive down the A272? Might be nice for you to meet a fella that isn't wearing manscara or guyliner.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Don't like Tranmere at all either, but that's more because they've always spoiled our fun. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:26 pm

TTID wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I think you missed my point, do try to keep up. We are supposedly no rivals to you as you are 'so successful' these days but you celebrated like you had won the CL (like that is ever going to happen LOL). Still it is nice that your 'support' get to actually sing at one home game a season. I have been to both the old & new Libraries on many many occasions, even before the days before the Sky4 were created & the game was invaded by glory hunting Tarquins & Ruperts in quited barbour jackets, most of whom ended up at your place.

You sure about the drink? im only a 15 mile drive down the A272? Might be nice for you to meet a fella that isn't wearing manscara or guyliner.
Ouch. He's gone for the macho stance! :shock: Quick, get Zulus here, I fear for his 'nads.

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:28 pm

The Axman wrote:
TTID wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Ouch. He's gone for the macho stance! :shock: Quick, get Zulus here, I fear for his 'nads.
Nah mate im not macho, just normal. Unlike the Wenger-boys :spank:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:30 pm

TTID wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

You'll always be rivals in my eyes - cos we hate you - even if you really can't compete with us in terms of trophies won its always satisfying to beat the spuds. My favourite ever match against you was at Highbury when we won 3-1 in the pouring rain on a cold November afternoon - 1996 IIRC, after you had got another cheating goal. Bergkamp and Adams scored crackers against you (see my avatar for Bergkamps celebration) 8) I shouted so loud at the game i went to college hoarse the next day!

Where are you then - Brighton? And quite sure, thankyou ;) It would be far too embarrassing to be seen in public with a spud. Someone i know might see us! :shock:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:31 pm

TTID wrote:
Nah mate im not macho, just normal. Unlike the Wenger-boys :spank:
You can't be normal and a spurs fan. The 2 are polar opposites 8)