Flying visit from a Spur

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Flying visit from a Spur

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 pm

TTID wrote:
None of the fans were talking about the title, only Harry saying 'it is a possibility'. The way Harry is going, England wont want him (good).

really??

how would you explain this thread on on of the Spurs forums you recommended?

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread ... ight=title

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:00 pm

thebish wrote:
TTID wrote:
None of the fans were talking about the title, only Harry saying 'it is a possibility'. The way Harry is going, England wont want him (good).

really??

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :laugh:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 pm

TTID wrote:Fair enough.
If losing 3 games on the spin & still bing in 3rd place & being 90 mins away from Wembley (fingers crossed) then, yeah.
It's only a slight derailment, not Arsenal proportions......yet.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 pm

By the way TTID, congratulations. Your thread is easily the most popular New Member thread ever. You're like a little grain of sand, the irritant that has caused a mighty pearl to coalesce around you.

you could buy me a drink, I'll sup with anyone, especially when I'm not paying, but unfortunately I'm not going to the match, so I won't see you there. Have one on me when you're drowning your sorrows afterwards. :pissed:

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
TTID wrote:

really??

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :laugh:
Well, i suppose at least we still have the same chance as AFC this season :roll:
Discussing the possibility & actually saying we are going to win it are two different things. Personally i have said it would be one of the two Manchester teams after they both battered us in the first two games of the season. Cant speak for anyone else.

Still, at least we are still in with a chance of winning SOMETHING this season which is more than can be said of Woolwich :laugh:
Last edited by TTID on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:14 pm

The Axman wrote:By the way TTID, congratulations. Your thread is easily the most popular New Member thread ever. You're like a little grain of sand, the irritant that has caused a mighty pearl to coalesce around you.

you could buy me a drink, I'll sup with anyone, especially when I'm not paying, but unfortunately I'm not going to the match, so I won't see you there. Have one on me when you're drowning your sorrows afterwards. :pissed:
Cheers fella (i think) :D

Same here, i have even been known to drink with Gooners although i do draw the line at Chelsea.
I'll share a pint with you next season......
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:16 pm

TTID wrote: I'll share a pint with you next season......
"Share" a pint? Now, far be it for me to reinforce a stereotype here............. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
"Share" a pint? Now, far be it for me to reinforce a stereotype here............. :?
3/4 for me & 1/4 for the Northern chap in the flat cap :wink:

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:25 pm

TTID wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Y'see Bobo, GtE - I AM Northern.

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:27 pm

The Axman wrote:
TTID wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Y'see Bobo, GtE - I AM Northern.
I forgot to mention the whippet...

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:35 pm

You think we'll stay up, then?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:44 pm

The Axman wrote:
Why d'ya ask a spurs fan that? They know nothing about football. What they say is meaningless! ;)

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:47 pm

The Axman wrote:
Tough call, it appears to be 3 from 5 so on that basis you have a 40% chance of survival. However, get another couple of wins under your belt & the situation will look a lot more healthy. Still plenty of games to go & many teams have come back from FAR worse positions than yours in previous seasons.

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
The Axman wrote:
Why d'ya ask a spurs fan? They know nothing & what they say is meaningless! ;)
I was about to say you are both gorgeous & intelligent.....

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:44 pm

TTID wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
The Axman wrote:
Why d'ya ask a spurs fan? They know nothing & what they say is meaningless! ;)
I was about to say you are both gorgeous & intelligent.....
Haha, I would believe you were about to say that but for the fact you have nothing to base it on (other then my highly intellectual postings on here, I suppose ;))

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:51 pm

(And the photo of you and Milo, don't forget)

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Haha, I would believe you were about to say that but for the fact you have nothing to base it on (other then my highly intellectual postings on here, I suppose ;))
I have a vivid imagination :twisted:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
TTID wrote:
thebish wrote:
If losing 3 games on the spin & still bing in 3rd place & being 90 mins away from Wembley (fingers crossed) then, yeah.
I suspect he meant...

no longer talking about the title
losing three games in a row
seeing a 10pt lead over arsenal reduced to a 1pt lead
waiting for the day that Benitez sits in Harry's dug-out chair!

:wink:

you're right about wembley, though - we're not really a hurdle to be worried about...
He'll be leaving - and then you'll be stuffed. He's a national treasure for some (unknown to me) reason. Look at how he got away with all his dodgy dealings...
He reminds me of that dog Churchill off the telly if we're talking doggy dealings!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:17 pm

let's have a little look at these spurs fans NOT talking about winning the league or believing they would...
I'm still of the opinion that were still bang in there!!
Of course it's still on
Of course we're still in it - and we'll see how credible we are once we get through the games against the Gooners and Man United. If we come out of those with four points, then the two at the top will get a bit hot under the collar. March is crucial to our chances, as we have a relatively 'easy' run-in until the end of the season.
Of course its fecking on.
But whoever says the league aint on ill kill em by bukkake.
very much so clive
hey, we are still in the f.a cup, so why not aim for the double!
YES!
Anybody that says were not in it is a hampton, of course we are still massively in with a shout...
Audere est Facere! Defo still in it... we win our next two games anything is possible!!!
Eh? Come on arc have a look at the table mate. We're in it.
Of course we can still win it, and of course we should still believe that we can.
Eyes definitely up right now, had the gap been less than 10 points, between us and 4th place, my attitude might have been different as it is, I have a feeling of security that it is unlikely that we will be caught as neither Liverpool, Chelsea nor Arsenal have shown enough to suggest that they can close a gap of 10 points between now and the end of the season.
(snigger!)

yep - that's me well and truly convinced - Spurs fans have not been talking about winning the league or believing they could.

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
TTID wrote:
thebish wrote:
I suspect he meant...

no longer talking about the title
losing three games in a row
seeing a 10pt lead over arsenal reduced to a 1pt lead
waiting for the day that Benitez sits in Harry's dug-out chair!

:wink:

you're right about wembley, though - we're not really a hurdle to be worried about...
He'll be leaving - and then you'll be stuffed. He's a national treasure for some (unknown to me) reason. Look at how he got away with all his dodgy dealings...
He reminds me of that dog Churchill off the telly if we're talking doggy dealings!
Innocent until proven guilty ha ha.
Why would we be stuffed? Just get another manager in. Every non-Spurs fan keeps telling me how shit he is anyway so surely by that criteria it should be easy to replace hime with someone better.
I will still be in my seat at the Lane whoever is in the managers chair. Irrelevant to me.