Hello!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

P.T.N
Hopeful
Hopeful

Hello!

Post by P.T.N » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Hello! :D

First of all I'm PTN, and I'm actually a Newcastle fan. However, because of work commitments I now find myself living in Manchester. Swinton to be exact. Since Ive been here my Saturdays have usually been fairly dull. So to lighten up my weekends and in an odd attempt to save money I have purchased a season ticket with Bolton. Can't go wrong for £217.

Thought I'd just sign up here to say hi really 8)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hello!

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Welcome, PTN. Unfortunately the Toon will not be visiting this years - except in the cups perhaps.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Welcome buddy

So bolton are now ya second team? :wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

P.T.N
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by P.T.N » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:54 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Welcome buddy

I'd say so yeah :) Hoping to see them get promoted. You'll have to forgive me but I do need a good run down on players to look out for within the team. I've not kept in dated with Bolton as much since the relegation. :oops:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 pm

P.T.N wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Welcome buddy

I'd say so yeah :) Hoping to see them get promoted. You'll have to forgive me but I do need a good run down on players to look out for within the team. I've not kept in dated with Bolton as much since the relegation. :oops:
Welcome to the club and the forum :D
One thing I can tell you is as Newcastle fan you will see very few teams that have as good fans as yourselves and while the atmosphere at the Reebok is probably slightly below ST James you will find our away following will put any other sides fans to shame.

(btw given that your a Geordie I guess I should inform you that my dad works in Redcar and says it is the worst place in England, which is some statement given he has literally been to nearly every town in this country through work, so would you say he is being unfair on Redcar.)
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:47 pm

... which is by Middlesbrough, btw Dan.

Oh, and hi. Welcome.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:49 pm

A Swinton Trotter eh? Welcome mate...
The Voice Of Reason

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:23 am

Welcome!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello & h'away pet
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

P.T.N
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by P.T.N » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:56 am

Salford Trotter wrote:A Swinton Trotter eh? Welcome mate...
Thanks for the welcome guys! Seems like you've got a decent bunch on here. Feels abit like the Newcastle forum I'm with. Where we have our own resident Bolton fan who recommended this place to me.

Salford Trotter, do you get the match day bus at all? I know they did fan buses from Swinton and I still wondered if that was the case?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:34 am

bobo the clown wrote:... which is by Middlesbrough, btw Dan.

Oh, and hi. Welcome.
I know exactly where Redcar is thank you Bobo
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:00 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

Oh, and hi. Welcome.
Perhaps you can explain this then;

"given that your[sic] a Geordie I guess I should inform you that my dad works in Redcar" :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

Oh, and hi. Welcome.

"given that your[sic] a Geordie I guess I should inform you that my dad works in Redcar" :conf:
My point exeactly.

Very much like someone living by Heathrow and saying "my dad works in Gatwick". Numb feck.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:51 pm

50 miles is not that far and it is the same region. I guess on that bases we are not allowed to talk about Manchester and Lancaster in the same beat even though they are in the same region. in fact Morecambe and Ramsbottom are in the same county yet on your basis because they are 50 miles away they are basically not allowed to be mentioned in the same sentence. :grin:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 pm

As ever, Dan, you don't understand. Saying to someone - Being as you live in Morecambe I should point out that my father works in Ramsbottom would meet with quizzical looks (and that's being kind) on two counts. The first being that the two places, which aren't actually in the same county at all, have absolutely nothing to do with one and other and have absolutely nothing in common with each other. The second is that no-one, and I repeat no-one gives a flying feck as to where it is that your father (or for that matter anyone else's father) works or indeed as to whether or not he actually works at all. It's of neither interest nor consequence to anyone.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:10 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

Oh, and hi. Welcome.

My point exeactly.

Very much like someone living by Heathrow and saying "my dad works in Gatwick". Numb feck.

Now now Bobo, what did you tell me the other week :wink: You're right though, as usual !!
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:13 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:As ever, Dan, you don't understand. Saying to someone - Being as you live in Morecambe I should point out that my father works in Ramsbottom would meet with quizzical looks (and that's being kind) on two counts. The first being that the two places, which aren't actually in the same county at all, have absolutely nothing to do with one and other and have absolutely nothing in common with each other. The second is that no-one, and I repeat no-one gives a flying feck as to where it is that your father (or for that matter anyone else's father) works or indeed as to whether or not he actually works at all. It's of neither interest nor consequence to anyone.
Ok fair enough for the point I could have used Rossendale as an example of a place in the same county yet 50 miles away.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Dan, a mate of mine lives in Dover, you might know seeing as you're from the same region.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:As ever, Dan, you don't understand. Saying to someone - Being as you live in Morecambe I should point out that my father works in Ramsbottom would meet with quizzical looks (and that's being kind) on two counts. The first being that the two places, which aren't actually in the same county at all, have absolutely nothing to do with one and other and have absolutely nothing in common with each other. The second is that no-one, and I repeat no-one gives a flying feck as to where it is that your father (or for that matter anyone else's father) works or indeed as to whether or not he actually works at all. It's of neither interest nor consequence to anyone.
Ok fair enough for the point I could have used Rossendale as an example of a place in the same county yet 50 miles away.
No. No you couldn't. Even if that was the point at all then you still couldn't have used Rossendale as an example because Rossendale is an area, not a town, you clueless c*nt!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:A Swinton Trotter eh? Welcome mate...
Oi. He's not on his own there.

Welcome PTN.