Hi all

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Hi all

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 31, 2006 8:35 am

Refugee here from 606, was bad at the best of times but what they propose to do to the boards now stinks. Hope to find a happy home here and enjoy some good banter and plenty BWFC chat.

Thank God for the World Cup, the thought of no footie for all those weeks otherwise don't bear thinking about!

Hobo :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 31, 2006 8:40 am

Come on in Hobo. Grab yourself a pastie and a beer and join in. 606 is a dead duck. This is the place to be for Happy Wanderers. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Hi all

Post by Bench » Wed May 31, 2006 8:43 am

hoboh2o wrote:Refugee here from 606, was bad at the best of times but what they propose to do to the boards now stinks. Hope to find a happy home here and enjoy some good banter and plenty BWFC chat.

Thank God for the World Cup, the thought of no footie for all those weeks otherwise don't bear thinking about!

Hobo :D

Aaahhhh another refuge. Welcome to TW hoboh2o!! How did you find us?

And you'll have to explain your username!! As a 'dipping your toe in the water' exercise why not tell us how long you have been following the Whites? First game? Most memorable player? Best/Worst player? All the usual suspects if you please.

Have fun perusing the boards, and don't forget there is an all-manner of articles and reviews on the front page for your consumption....
Smarties have answers.....

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Wed May 31, 2006 8:47 am

Welcome to TW Hobo! Make yourself at home under our cardboard boxes :D

We're also all about our 'zine as well, so if you're bored before the World Cup starts, have a trawl through our archives (see 'Set Pieces' and the Archives). You're welcome to get stuck in and write for TW.

Oh, and tell a friend :)

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 31, 2006 9:48 am

Hi hobo.
I jumped ship from 606 about a year ago myself to join in on here - never looked back!

Enjoy! :D
Businesswoman of the year.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed May 31, 2006 10:19 am

how do, welcome to a site that doesn't go off for 12 hours a day

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks all

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 31, 2006 11:16 am

Been following the Wanderers for some 38 or so years. Before getting Wed/home,work commitments used to travel every where to watch the whites. Favourite players.... back then Gareth Williams, John Byrom, Eddie Hoppy, Peter Thompson. All time favo. it's gotta be the Fonz himself, used to see him Friday night down the wine bar Boots, Stetson, Spurs and all. (Almost forgot the bevy of good looking Fems ON BOTH ARMS :D ). Best moments: Wet night at Old Trafford Gordon McQueen missing the penalty, Frank gliding above the mud and sinking Man U. 10 mins left no Utd Fans, about 8 or 9 thou Bolton fans left belting out chorus after chorus of when the whites go marching on, sheer magic.
Up there also winning at Ewood park at the end of promo year, full house, hardly a B/Burn fan in sight, going on the pitch for half hour after the game, missing the coach (and I was a steward :) ). Port Vale in the Armfield era when the steel sheeting at the back of the stand started to fall down what a laugh. Worst moment being at bloomfield road when that fan got stabbed to death, felt low for weeks after that. Man u banging 6 in at Burnden nearly topped myself after that one.
Best game at home to QPR on a frozen pitch a game that never should have started and winning 6-4
Cheers
Hobo

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed May 31, 2006 11:41 am

Jesus is 606 still going!!! :shock:

Welcome to TW, dive right in and post away. Should you have any problems or questions just give Plodder a shout. Especially if it's about Big Brother (HUGE fan, booked three weeks holiday from work just so he could watch them sleep!!).
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 31, 2006 1:26 pm

Welcome, Hobo. Do join in.

DSB

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed May 31, 2006 1:27 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Hi hobo.
I jumped ship from 606 about a year ago myself to join in on here - never looked back!
Of course the rest of us had severe reservations about that move.... :mrgreen:
Just kidding - welcome aboard hobowater.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed May 31, 2006 1:31 pm

Hello hobo, have fun here and it's lovely to meet you.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed May 31, 2006 6:02 pm

yeah, hello, some of what they said.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house