Hello everybody!

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

John Doe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by John Doe » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:32 pm

Cheers fellows, 'lurker' sounds a bit sinister bench, but i've been called worse!

Must have been reading everyones views for about 6 months, its a broad church innit?!
It was mainly because where i live, believe it or not bwfc is not the hot topic of conversation on a sat night out. Mainly L'pool & Utd (non praticising!) fans, so its good to get home from a match and see if others had seen the sort of game i had.

It seems to me having read quite a few posts that most whites are currently grappling with the dilemma of on the one hand, having the most consistently successful team in living memory (mine anyway) and on the other, not being royally entertained. I understand that season ticket numbers are down on last year.

It is a difficult one for Allardyce, when you take a step back everyone must acknowledge what he has done for the club and where he has taken us from his first game in charge (mid table 1st div v crewe if memory serves). Personally i feel that this is the summer when the board have to back him with serious money. I just think that a couple of big name signings are required to placate fans who are understandably reluctant to part with a lot of money, and for season ticket holders who have already renewed to see that the club has got the necessary ambition. We cant expect BSA to keep pulling signings like faye and TBH out of thin air, so without doing a leeds, its time to loosen the purse strings (apologises for cliche!)

Anyways thanks for being such a welcoming lot.
There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: when he can't afford it, and when he can.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:32 am

John Doe wrote:It seems to me having read quite a few posts that most whites are currently grappling with the dilemma of on the one hand, having the most consistently successful team in living memory (mine anyway) and on the other, not being royally entertained. I understand that season ticket numbers are down on last year.

It is a difficult one for Allardyce, when you take a step back everyone must acknowledge what he has done for the club and where he has taken us from his first game in charge (mid table 1st div v crewe if memory serves). Personally i feel that this is the summer when the board have to back him with serious money. I just think that a couple of big name signings are required to placate fans who are understandably reluctant to part with a lot of money, and for season ticket holders who have already renewed to see that the club has got the necessary ambition. We cant expect BSA to keep pulling signings like faye and TBH out of thin air, so without doing a leeds, its time to loosen the purse strings (apologises for cliche!)
Booo! The last thing we need is another reasonable, level-headed poster. Come on, get off the fence - it's either "Sam Out" or "I'd happily let Sam bed my wife if it meant he would stay at the Club and keep working his miracles".

Welcome aboard mate. :D
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:26 am

Welcome John Doe. Greetings from acroos the pond.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:08 am

John Doe wrote:Cheers fellows, 'lurker' sounds a bit sinister bench, but i've been called worse!

Must have been reading everyones views for about 6 months, its a broad church innit?!
It was mainly because where i live, believe it or not bwfc is not the hot topic of conversation on a sat night out. Mainly L'pool & Utd (non praticising!) fans, so its good to get home from a match and see if others had seen the sort of game i had.

It seems to me having read quite a few posts that most whites are currently grappling with the dilemma of on the one hand, having the most consistently successful team in living memory (mine anyway) and on the other, not being royally entertained. I understand that season ticket numbers are down on last year.

Anyways thanks for being such a welcoming lot.
Welcome John!

Dave Nash is Newton-le-Willows' Leigh RMI representative and only other BWFC fan, so you aren't alone in Rick Astley Land!
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight