introductory stuff...

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:12 am

Indeed they are... they just haven't had the recognition they deserve... - they also have the coldest stadium in the whole of UKfootball-dom

(not a lot of people know this...) but in the 1920s Hartlepool bought a player from Workington for a fee reputed to be £10 and a box of kippers. those were the days!

Brian Clough cut his managerial teeth there (with Peter Taylor) in the 60s - before he went to Derby

Old codgers still call them "Pools" because they used to be called Hartlepools United - bringing together Hartlepool and West Hartlepool...

there!

Phil

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:15 am

thebish wrote:Indeed they are... they just haven't had the recognition they deserve... - they also have the coldest stadium in the whole of UKfootball-dom

nonsense!! That is the Reebok!!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:18 am

obviously you've never been to Victoria Park in December - it's the wind off the North Sea... it's a good top-coat colder up there lad...

by the way - Pools had a manager in the fifties - Fred Westgarth - who was manager for 14 years - and we think Sam's been around a while...

Fred used to keep chickens in the main stand - you won't get that at Ashburton Grove!

Phil

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:38 pm

Hello and a belated welcome.......... have fun.

Did anyone see the other Hartlepool fan???