Can i come in?

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ANELKA'S BOTTOM LIP
Hopeful
Hopeful

Can i come in?

Post by ANELKA'S BOTTOM LIP » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:20 pm

Great site. My wife keeps asking what i'm laughing at. I've been watching from afar the last couple of weeks, (mostly looking for transfer gossip), but i've become hooked so i thought i'd better join in. Looking forward to backing up/challenging (delete as applicable) you all in due course.

Mackem_and_proud
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mackem_and_proud » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:45 pm

Welcome to the board!

Enjoy posting
" I learned my trade at Arsenal, Became a footballer at Manchester City, But Sunderland got under my skin. It hurt me deeply to leave. I love Sunderland" Niall Quinn

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Can i come in?

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:04 pm

ANELKA'S BOTTOM LIP wrote:Great site. My wife keeps asking what i'm laughing at. I've been watching from afar the last couple of weeks, (mostly looking for transfer gossip), but i've become hooked so i thought i'd better join in. Looking forward to backing up/challenging (delete as applicable) you all in due course.
The chaps in charge normally require more of an intro than "my wife doesn't understand what I'm laughing at" - they like to know how long you've supported BWFC (assuming you do because we have a few fans of other team around), what is your favourite memory and, most important, who were you laughing at. So tell us a little about yourself.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:11 pm

Welcome to the site. It's a big mix here, and the banter section is good fun too. I am sure you'll find the different camps enjoyable.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:13 pm

welcome to the site...

and let's have none of your lip, son...

ANELKA'S BOTTOM LIP
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ANELKA'S BOTTOM LIP » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:23 pm

My apologies Montreal Wanderer.

I've been a fan as long as i can remember (30 plus years) and i've watched the whites in every division. I've got loads of great memories but one of my faves was when we beat Liverpool 2-1 in the third game of the season in 2001. We had just come back up and after humping Leicester 5-0 and beating 'Boro 1-0 i really thought the scousers would bring us back down to earth. Ricketts scored first but after Heskey(?) equalised things looked ominous until Holdsworth's nothing special shot from nowhere beat Westerveld. I've never jumped so high in my life and i just remember noticing the reaction of the lads on the pitch. It was like we had one the Champions League. Top of the league with a 100% record including a win against Liverpool. Magical stuff.

Hope that clears things up.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm

Welcome in friend. Only qualification needed is that you support the Whites. Looking forward to your input.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:27 pm

Welcome to the fray ABL, hope you find a home here. Kettle on, feet up, post yaself daft! :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

No shxt Sherlock
Hopeful
Hopeful

WELCOME

Post by No shxt Sherlock » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:39 pm

YEAH MATE WELCOME ABOARD ENJOY CHATTIN TO THE RIFT RAFT ON ERE LOOKIN FORWARD TO YOUR VIEWS.

C YA LATER :crazy: :pissed:
Come on the mighty Wanderers

Mackem_and_proud
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mackem_and_proud » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:04 pm

Tango You sure about that qualification bit!?

I'm the only that has stuck around, well what i know of! from the mackem invasion, when we were eager to know about BIG SAM!
" I learned my trade at Arsenal, Became a footballer at Manchester City, But Sunderland got under my skin. It hurt me deeply to leave. I love Sunderland" Niall Quinn

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:21 pm

Mackem_and_proud wrote:Tango You sure about that qualification bit!?

I'm the only that has stuck around, well what i know of! from the mackem invasion, when we were eager to know about BIG SAM!
Don't take it too literally Mackem. We have a regular couple of Scousers here and a few from other climes. Never known a friendly opposition member get banned just for being that. A few of our own got banned though for being idiots. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:16 am

well we like to do our bit for Care in the Community.

Welcome Anelka's Bottom Lip.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:51 pm

I think young Hoolio may still be around - mind you he predated the invasion a bit, being a far-sighted fellow.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:22 pm

Of course you can come in ABL! Welcome to TW.

We've had a fair few 'lurkers' recently see the light and finally take the step to register. The hard bit now is keeping up and posting :wink: .

As I am sure you are already aware we have a few *cough* 'varied' characters and opinions on this site. It all adds to the flavour though and ensures that there is some good debate and discussions, if a little too heated at times.

Also don't forget that you can, if you like, submit material to us for publication on the front page. If you typing out the starting post of a thread and its looking a little longer (and is one step away from an article) then just pm it to Ratbert, myself or mummy. It helps us out on the material front and we often link it back to start a new topic of discussion on the forums in any case.

Happy posting!
Smarties have answers.....