Alrite lads?

My name is ..... and I'm a Boltonoholic....It won't make you better but at least you're not alone.....New to the site? Then introduce yourself here............

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Quayley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Alrite lads?

Post by Quayley » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:19 pm

Hi, well my names Quayley, i'm from Bolton and, well as youve probably guessed by now, i support the mighty Wanderers :D I have a season tciket, go to every game aswell as quite a few away, which are always so much dam fun, especially the singing on the coaches whilst travelling :D Erm, i'm also quite handy at graphics, so i can make sigs and avas, and upon request if any of you guys wany any, ill be very happy to make a few :wink: I also enjoy writing, i recently wrote an Anelka article for a football site i work for, so if any of you would like to see this, or could tell me were to post it, i'd be very happy to :)

So thats me, i dont know how active this site is but ive been looking for one for so long, just want to generally chat about the wanderers and get to know a few of you, if thats ok? 8)

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:30 pm

You've come to the right place. Welcome. A good active site with different views and articles by the posters.

Quayley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Quayley » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:53 pm

americantrotter wrote:You've come to the right place. Welcome. A good active site with different views and articles by the posters.
Thanks for the welcome mate, i'm about to make a sig and would appreciate if someone could tell me if you have a maxium size?

Also, does anyone know if my Anelka article would be any use on a site like yours please?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Bienvenue, Quayley - the site is fairly active but the usual 90% of the posts by 10% of the members. Don't be shy. Articles can be submitted to people like Mummy and Ratbert (I think) or if short enough just plonked in as a thread.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:54 pm

you can do what you want with your sig until we moan about it!!

Wilkommen, Bienvenue.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Quayley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Quayley » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:12 pm

communistworkethic wrote:you can do what you want with your sig until we moan about it!!

Wilkommen, Bienvenue.
Hm thanks mate, well ive just pasted the link into my sig, and now it isnt showing up, is there any reason why?

Edit-Nevermind, got it working thanks anyways, and ill try to get my Anelka article in a.s.a.p.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:57 pm

Welcome to the site Quayley! It's certainly very active and your contributions are most welcome. To get an idea of what we're all about, have a look at the free fanzine we gave away on the opening day. The PDF is on the front page.

Our Web Guru is working on a better way for site members to submit articles, so in the meantime you can send it via PM to me if you like.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:27 pm

Welcome along.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:18 pm

Welcome to the site Quayley!! Looks like you've finally found what you've been looking for!

Thanks for your contribution btw - but let it end there! We're always in need of new material and, if you like, you can always volunteer to write a match preview or matchday report (home or away). Just have a scan of the front page and let us know what you think.

As for sigs - there really isn't a limit. Just make sure that its not garish looking and not too big as it tends to mess up people with smaller screen resolutions. As long as it doesn't make your eyes bleed then it should be ok.

Happy posting fella......
Smarties have answers.....

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:23 pm

Alright Quayley - sounds like you've found your spiritual home to me. Post the link up to the Anelka article so we can have a gander.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:27 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Alright Quayley - sounds like you've found your spiritual home to me. Post the link up to the Anelka article so we can have a gander.
Already saved in the Editorial suite for your perusal, editing and publication mummy. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:34 pm

Come in, sit thi down. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:14 pm

Well in Qualey - Get stuck in!!!

By the way, hopefully you haven't been made to feel that any of your future works will be brutally rebuffed by our Chairman, and will have realised that he's somehow omitted the word 'don't' after the "but" in his comment.
Bench wrote:Thanks for your contribution btw - but let it end there!......
:whack:

I feel the need to apologise on his behalf. (It's his age, don't you know?! :lol:)
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Quayley
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Quayley » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Well in Qualey - Get stuck in!!!

By the way, hopefully you haven't been made to feel that any of your future works will be brutally rebuffed by our Chairman, and will have realised that he's somehow omitted the word 'don't' after the "but" in his comment.

I apologise on his behalf. (It's his age, don't you know?! :lol:)
lol yes that really did confuse me :? :D

Anyways, thanks for the welcomes, means alot and i hope i can stick around. Aswell like i said i work for a football article based site, and do all the writing on behalf of the wanderers, so match reports are what i think ill be doing over there, so i could always share them here aswell if wanted? :)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:01 pm

I feel the need to apologise on his behalf. (It's his age, don't you know?! :lol:)
And there was I thinking Bench had developed some literary judgement at last .... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:59 pm

Bollocks. :oops:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:09 pm

Quayley wrote:Aswell like i said i work for a football article based site, and do all the writing on behalf of the wanderers, so match reports are what i think ill be doing over there, so i could always share them here aswell if wanted? :)
What site is that then matey? The only thing I would say is that we try not to duplicate content that is available elsewhere on the interweb.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 pm

Alright

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:06 am

now then.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:27 pm