Tango's Ban

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Tango's Ban

Post by FD » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Seriously? Come on! I mean, I'm sure you guys wanted to make a point about there NOT being a "clique" but come on. Banning Tango is a load of bullsh*t and you know it.

Sure, he and Samhater had a bit of handbags, but they are both grown men and I'm sure nobody killed themselves over it.

Apologies for starting a thread about it, but I can't reply in the "Rogues Gallery" thread.

We get it, the rules apply to us all, but this is just plain ridiculous.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tango's Ban

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:24 pm

FD wrote:Seriously? Come on! I mean, I'm sure you guys wanted to make a point about there NOT being a "clique" but come on. Banning Tango is a load of bullsh*t and you know it.

Sure, he and Samhater had a bit of handbags, but they are both grown men and I'm sure nobody killed themselves over it.

Apologies for starting a thread about it, but I can't reply in the "Rogues Gallery" thread.

We get it, the rules apply to us all, but this is just plain ridiculous.
Not sure about this FD - but didn't Tango "ban" himself?

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:27 pm

I think he "banned himself" because he knew what he was going to say would get him banned.

Either way, it's bullsh*t.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:32 pm

FD wrote:I think he "banned himself" because he knew what he was going to say would get him banned.

Either way, it's bullsh*t.
Not sure how the site can "legislate" against people banning themselves :-) I know for me, if I had done similar to Tango, I'd serve my bam to retain some semblance of consistency with the site rules. Hey Ho :-)

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:34 pm

If Tango did indeed literally ban his-self then I'd say it's not the kind of thing I'd associate him with doing.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm

It's as simple as, what Tango said to another member would have got anybody a temporary ban, mod or not.

Tango did indeed ask for himself to be banned, accepting that it's the site rules and they apply to everybody.

We aren't trying to disprove any clique theories or whatever other accusations get thrown around here, if you had posted what TD has posted, you'd be banned now as well.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Kev, fair play, but I think it's bullshit. The two of them are adults, they sorted it out, that was the end.

I'm really wondering about bothering posting here myself at the moment, this kind of sh*t is just ridiculous to me.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:47 pm

I haven't really read up on what happened, but if he has requested the ban himself, who am I to stop that?

People have requested self bans before, for all sorts of reasons. I think Tango's may partly be just to have a break himself, I would want to have a bit of a time out if I had to put up with all the crap people throw at him.

I'm sure he'll explain his decision when he returns anyway.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

He also resigned as a mod - which i think is a shame...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:01 pm

This is bad.

Its gone a bit more than a self imposed ban, can you confirm anything mods?

TANGODANCER come back.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Yep. I think TANGO has a real good mod's temperament - keeps calm (mostly, tho obviously SAMHATER and Batman have wound him up beyond forebearance with personal sniping - and, IMHO, that was the case this time), puts his view forward without phoney authority, offers a perspective obtained from seeing the whites up, down, round and round, that means even the most fiery nonsense about the team is incorporated...

I'd like him back, as soon as... I don't care if SAMHATER, Batman, CWE continue or come back - I'm for as broad a church as poss - but i do know TANGO is more calm, rational and approachable than any of them when they are going loopy... And much more of an asset to the site...

He's volunteered to leave, but would like to try to persuade him otherwise...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:52 pm

He's a good guy (for a septagenerian devout catholic of Irish extraction :wink: ). He chose to do this. He wanted to make a point (which appears to have worked). It is only a week and he will be back. If he wants I'm sure he'll be reinstated to modhood. Let's not get too wound up about this.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 pm

William the White wrote:Yep. I think TANGO has a real good mod's temperament - keeps calm (mostly, tho obviously SAMHATER and Batman have wound him up beyond forebearance with personal sniping - and, IMHO, that was the case this time), puts his view forward without phoney authority, offers a perspective obtained from seeing the whites up, down, round and round, that means even the most fiery nonsense about the team is incorporated...

I'd like him back, as soon as... I don't care if SAMHATER, Batman, CWE continue or come back - I'm for as broad a church as poss - but i do know TANGO is more calm, rational and approachable than any of them when they are going loopy... And much more of an asset to the site...

As Smokey said, I second that emotion.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:30 pm

3rded. It's tango's decision and we should respect that. I hope he's back and modding again in the very near future

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:52 pm

I have to say I have missed tango's postings this week.
As one of those with a differing veiw point from him, I would never consider resorting any personal insults just the odd bit of banter.
I hope his resignation as a mod has been turned down and if you are reading this Tango, all I can say is from time to time someone will get up your nose now and then, hell I might even buy Megson a pint if I saw him (and he was leaving :mrgreen: ) Don't let it bother you!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
William the White wrote:Yep. I think TANGO has a real good mod's temperament - keeps calm (mostly, tho obviously SAMHATER and Batman have wound him up beyond forebearance with personal sniping - and, IMHO, that was the case this time), puts his view forward without phoney authority, offers a perspective obtained from seeing the whites up, down, round and round, that means even the most fiery nonsense about the team is incorporated...

As Smokey said, I second that emotion.
Agreed here also. He's picked a nice week weather wise to have off anyway... 8)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Tango IN
Tango IN

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Tango IN
Tango IN
Rose tinted fecker :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Of course he may just be after a thread all about him!!!! :mrgreen:
Just 'cause Batty got one :wink:

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Let's just respect Tango's wishes eh? Sometimes we need to impose these things on ourselves because we're unable to keep coming back for more. At least this way, he'll be able to calm down, reflect (etc) and come back all guns blazing!
I write words for a living. I play records for a living. Both of these thing should tell you that I'm a failed musician.