Cleaning Up

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

keveh
Icon
Icon

Cleaning Up

Post by keveh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:16 am

Just to let you all know that we'll be having a new design soon and I'll be updating the forum to the latest version.

The forum is going to look a bit different at first, but I'll be working on a design to match this one.

But the first thing i need to do is clean this forums database up, which means I'm going to delete all posts that were made before 2006. I think that I've mentioned it before, but thought I'd mention it again incase anybody has any issues with it.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:04 pm

I can see and sympathize with the need to clean up, keveh. My only issue would be losing the novels that were "published" as successive posts. It would be good if these could be collected and preserved as they represented a fair bit of work. We might want to keep other features, such as the old Smackdowns and FAQ information in stickies.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:07 pm

If anybody can dig out anything they would actually like to keep then I can filter those out no problem.

I'll give people a week to do so, but if they aren't going to look for them now then they can't be that important.

At the end of 2005 the site had only been open just over a year, most of those members still aren't posting anymore.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:14 pm

keveh wrote:If anybody can dig out anything they would actually like to keep then I can filter those out no problem.

I'll give people a week to do so, but if they aren't going to look for them now then they can't be that important.

At the end of 2005 the site had only been open just over a year, most of those members still aren't posting anymore.
Sounds okay to me. Most of the stuff possible worth saving would have come after 2005. Certainly none of my deathless prose is worth saving, though we would lose all of Natasha's interventions I suspect (probably to a general sigh of relief).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
keveh wrote:If anybody can dig out anything they would actually like to keep then I can filter those out no problem.

Sounds okay to me. Most of the stuff possible worth saving would have come after 2005. Certainly none of my deathless prose is worth saving, though we would lose all of Natasha's interventions I suspect (probably to a general sigh of relief).
That lady is now tearing apart another forum these days.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Heard lots about her, someone remind me......
Was right all along

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:36 pm

seanworth wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

That lady is now tearing apart another forum these days.
I thought she had run out of forums (fora?) - which one is she on now?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Bruno wrote:Heard lots about her, someone remind me......
She came from Preston, is young and beautiful but got banned after an illicit encounter with Batman.You should check with him if you ever see him.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Is that supposed to be funny? I thought you'd just go and search google for the answer again.

If you feel like insulting any other members of my family, my dying Mother for example, then I'd prefer you did it by pm.
Was right all along

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Bruno wrote:Is that supposed to be funny? I thought you'd just go and search google for the answer again.

If you feel like insulting any other members of my family, my dying Mother for example, then I'd prefer you did it by pm.
Well, it was tongue in cheek and not intended to be taken offensively - since I thought you wrote in jest, I responded in kind. Apologies for any offense.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Well it certainly wasn't funny, and I'd suggest you think twice before putting stuff on of a personal nature. I asked a simple question, I didn't expect to see that.

My brother told me you and him would often speak privately on here, wonder what he'd think of you now reducing him to a cheap joke on the forum.

Shame on you.
Was right all along

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Bruno wrote:Well it certainly wasn't funny, and I'd suggest you think twice before putting stuff on of a personal nature. I asked a simple question, I didn't expect to see that.

My brother told me you and him would often speak privately on here, wonder what he'd think of you now reducing him to a cheap joke on the forum.

Shame on you.

sounds like you and your "brother" had some thrilling conversations!

Batman: hey Bruno
Bruno: hey Batman
Batman: There's a Canadian guy who sometimes PMs me on football forum
Bruno: really bro?
Batman: yeah! amazing eh?
Bruno: too weird for words - I'd better make a note of that just in case I ever meet him
Batman: quick thinking bro!
Bruno: yeah - always be prepared I say!
Batman: there's also a bloke called Thebish - he speaks sense
Bruno: really?
Batman: yeah - note the name in your little book, could come in useful one day
Last edited by thebish on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Bruno wrote:Well it certainly wasn't funny, and I'd suggest you think twice before putting stuff on of a personal nature. I asked a simple question, I didn't expect to see that.

Shame on you.
The Internet. Serious business.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Bruno: hey Batman
Batman: hey bro
Bruno: I've got some bad news bro..
Batman: what is it Bruno - you can tell me anything
Bruno: a canadian man said on an internet forum that you had a young and pretty girlfriend. I told him it was a wicked insult and I was offended to my core.
Batman: You were offended that someone said I had a young and pretty girlfriend bro?
Bruno: yeah - it was mean and nasty and I told him so
Batman: there, there bro, calm down - here's a lollipop
Bruno: thanks bro - you're the best

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Verbal wrote:

Shame on you.
The Internet. Serious business.
So it would seem. Well, one can't do more than apologize for offense apparently taken but certainly not intended. I do confess to poking fun at many members and getting as good as I give, trying to keep things lighthearted. I must try to be more serious on the internet.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Batman has always been a cheap joke on the forums... :wink:

Bruno, get a grip for crying out loud. If you want folk to stop comparing you to Batty then stop acting like him. In fact I take that back, you're not acting like him at all....The Batman I remember could take the stick when it was thrown back at him.
Businesswoman of the year.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:20 pm

I'll lose posts. I checked out my first real post. I was shocked at SAMHATER going after Sam. Some of those threads show how truly thin we were back in the day. fadiga was 1st of the bench. :|

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 pm

americantrotter wrote:I'll lose posts. I checked out my first real post. I was shocked at SAMHATER going after Sam. Some of those threads show how truly thin we were back in the day. fadiga was 1st of the bench. :|
I'm not sure the process will deduct from your post count, AT - I expect Keveh has got that covered.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Yeah your post count wont be touched

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:52 pm

keveh wrote:Yeah your post count wont be touched
Batty will be pleased - and so will Bruno.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!