Posting issue...

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Posting issue...

Post by Puskas » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:43 am

So what's going on with posting, then?

Why is it hanging when I submit? And then posting the message anyway?

Has anyone thought about reviewing the software on this site? It's getting increasingly flakey...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:22 am

It's not so much the software, more the server.

We will probably be upgrading/changing the forums at some point, if that doesn't work then we'll have to upgrade/move the server.

The reason that it went down yesterday looks like it was somebody spamming the search facility.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:08 am

keveh wrote:It's not so much the software, more the server.

We will probably be upgrading/changing the forums at some point, if that doesn't work then we'll have to upgrade/move the server.

The reason that it went down yesterday looks like it was somebody spamming the search facility.
Ah. I was later getting an error message about some exceeding their maximum connections, making me wonder if you needed to increase the connection pool. But then, if it's someone spamming, that's not really going to help.

Is the server running at something close to capacity in terms of memory/cpu?

Anyway, I don't know anything about computers, so I'll leave it to you.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Puskas wrote:

Ah. I was later getting an error message about some exceeding their maximum connections, making me wonder if you needed to increase the connection pool. But then, if it's someone spamming, that's not really going to help.

I think there were problems energising the flux capacitor and transcoding the hyper drive mumbojumbitor

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Janie was named and shamed as the culprit .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:06 pm

thebish wrote:
Puskas wrote:

I think there were problems energising the flux capacitor and transcoding the hyper drive mumbojumbitor
See, I'd have gone for the Keighley Trunnion, myself. Shows all I know :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Puskas wrote:

See, I'd have gone for the Keighley Trunnion, myself. Shows all I know :roll:
I think the failure to properly transcode the hyper drive mumbojumbitor probably caused the almost inevitable rupture in the Keithley Trunnion flange....

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:20 am

Keveh-regarding Janie.

Here's the error message i got if it helps:

Warning: mysql_connect(): User janie has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/the-wanderer.co.uk/httpdocs/boards/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/the-wanderer.co.uk/httpdocs/boards/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/the-wanderer.co.uk/httpdocs/boards/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.