A RARE COMPLAINT

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Don Alonso
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: Saturday morning after Champion the Wonder Horse and the Banana Splits.

A RARE COMPLAINT

Post by Don Alonso » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:44 pm

I have just gone to post a reply to the Predictions for Fulham Away thread to find that it has been locked by admin with an order to keep all remarks to the main thread.

So I clicked on the link to the main Fulham thread, it's four pages in and they've gone so far off the original thread it might as well be a private party. In any event the original thread was a request about the ground and ticket availability and NOT about predictions.

Sometimes a second thread on a topic is a way of re-focusing on issues that have now been bypassed in the first. It shouldn't have been locked.

Can I apologise if this complaint has been made before in an earlier thread that I was not aware of. I am sure Admin will lock this thread if it has and direct you all to the earlier thread, even if it is 30 pages long and they are have now all moved on to indepth reviews of Ghost Warrior (surely lacking a Spanish anti-hero ed.)

I work in the law, and I come on to this site to get AWAY from slavish adherence to rules, or worse still "practice directions".

Yours, disgusted of Tunbridge Quells, Castille, Spain.
"You've got to fight for what you want, and all that you believe".

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:50 pm

Cheers for raising your concerns so concisely, Don.

We try and keep things neat and tidy on the forums by ensuring that similar topics don't get repeated in several different threads (remember the days when we had about twelve different Stelios threads on the go?). However, this doesn't mean that your concerns / gripes don't have merit. As you say - the original thread has gone off topic and it wasn't about the original predictions anyway.....

So that said....I will get work and try and make things easier....

P.S. - do us a fave and pen an article for us? We've been sadly lacking some Don Alonso material for some time now....Cheers. :mrgreen:
Smarties have answers.....

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:54 pm

Oh, and thanks for volunteering :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Alonso
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: Saturday morning after Champion the Wonder Horse and the Banana Splits.

Post by Don Alonso » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:55 pm

Many thanks for your response Bench.

I confess I don't know how to go about submitting an article. Someone posted a reply to my post about Anelka that it would have been better as a "set piece". Is a set piece an article? How do I go about submitting an article?

Many thanks

DA.
"You've got to fight for what you want, and all that you believe".

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:58 pm

Don Alonso wrote:Many thanks for your response Bench.

I confess I don't know how to go about submitting an article. Someone posted a reply to my post about Anelka that it would have been better as a "set piece". Is a set piece an article? How do I go about submitting an article?

Many thanks

DA.

If you can on the Home page you will see in the top right corner a panel called 'Webzine'. In this panel are two columns (Commie's Pravda and Tom's Thumbs) and Set Pieces. Set Pieces is where all of our guest contributions are filed - have a look.....

Anyway, the easiest way to submit an article is either to email it to [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] simply send us your contribution using the PM function to either Ratbert, mummywhycantieatcrayons or myself.

Easy peasy and we'll do the rest.....
Smarties have answers.....