Alex Ferguson Beaten Up

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Alex Ferguson Beaten Up

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:03 am

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has suffered minor injuries after he was allegedly attacked at a London train station.

From the Beeb.

May I be the first to say HA

Update
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was kicked by an attacker in a random attack at a train station yesterday, it was claimed tonight.

Ferguson had travelled by train to London on Monday afternoon and was allegedly attacked by a man at Euston station.

Ferguson was said to have sustained kicks to the shin and alerted British Transport Police at the station, who subsequently made an arrest.

The Manchester United manager was not badly hurt and attended a function in the capital as planned

libreg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by libreg » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:49 am

The first thing I thought when I read the article was "Liverpool".

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:23 am

He took the train to London? I'm surprised, I'd've thought he would have flown (in a private helicopter)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:17 am

Allardyce takes the train a lot. Just thought I'd mention.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:27 am

Wonder if he worries about getting caught short again

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:09 am

give that man a medal

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:17 am

General Mannerheim wrote:give that man a medal
Who, have-a-go-hero pensioner Fergie? Already got one hasn't he? Or do knights not get a medal? Thread merge!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:17 am

roy keane really should learn to curb his temper
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:39 am

It must just be me then, but I quite admire Sir Beetroot and think that English football will be a lesser place when he's not around. The way that he dismisses the arrogant, nonsensical blatherings of the Portugese prick and the way that he deals with pretty boy superstars are a source of absolute joy, not to mention him being rather good at what he does.
May the bridges I burn light your way

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 am

I can't stand him if I'm honest

But any wanker who attacks some decent feller going about his day is a nice person

Castrate the charlie

We can't have it all ways

Scrotes are scrotes
Sto ut Serviam

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:48 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:I can't stand him if I'm honest

But any wanker who attacks some decent feller going about his day is a tw*t

Castrate the charlie

We can't have it all ways

Scrotes are scrotes
Couldn't have put it better myself.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:34 am

libreg wrote:The first thing I thought when I read the article was "Liverpool".
First thing I thought was West Ham. Don't know why. :twisted:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:54 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:It must just be me then, but I quite admire Sir Beetroot and think that English football will be a lesser place when he's not around. The way that he dismisses the arrogant, nonsensical blatherings of the Portugese prick and the way that he deals with pretty boy superstars are a source of absolute joy, not to mention him being rather good at what he does.

Got to agree there how many other managers would have had the balls or clout to have dealt with pretty boy Beckham like red nose did?
And errr yes he is very good at what he does

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:33 pm

hoboh2o wrote:how many other managers would have had the balls or clout to have dealt with pretty boy Beckham like red nose did?
What, squeeze him out through control freakery, stubbornly leaving him out against Real Madrid and thus costing his club a place in the Big Cup semis? Refuse to speak to him after he leaves the club, except for a pointed comment at a funeral? Ferguson has made many excellent managerial decisions - for one, letting Van Nistelrooy go (while he was the club they won one title in five years and never reached so much as a semi in Europe) - but he is also a stubborn old goat with entrenched attitudes and a f*ck-you mentality which can often play against him and his club.

However, I'll throw my support behind CAPS' assertion that it's wrong to physically attack him.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:04 pm

christ

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:07 pm

James B wrote:
christ
Was it? and here's me thinking he's one of the good ones!! :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:47 pm

Kevin Reynolds, 43, admitted punching Sir Alex in the groin before head butting a police community support officer at Euston station on Monday.

His counsel, Adeola Olowu, said her client initially thought he had come across a Sir Alex look-alike.

She said her client was joking around and that he struck Sir Alex while shadow boxing.
If he struck him in the - er - groin while shadowboxing, Reynolds must be terribly short.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Kevin Reynolds, 43, admitted punching Sir Alex in the groin before head butting a police community support officer at Euston station on Monday.

His counsel, Adeola Olowu, said her client initially thought he had come across a Sir Alex look-alike.

She said her client was joking around and that he struck Sir Alex while shadow boxing.
If he struck him in the - er - groin while shadowboxing, Reynolds must be terribly short.
what a d*ck. attack a 60+ year old for doing err nothing and then try and worm out of it.

should be sent down tbh.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:It must just be me then, but I quite admire Sir Beetroot and think that English football will be a lesser place when he's not around. The way that he dismisses the arrogant, nonsensical blatherings of the Portugese prick and the way that he deals with pretty boy superstars are a source of absolute joy, not to mention him being rather good at what he does.
Seconded.

Batman your opening remark is IMO pathetic. So it's ok to go around randomly beating people up if they happen to be employees of another football team? if that's the case, we'd better be worried about the health prospects of Diouf.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:03 pm

it made me chuckle