Ding dong at the Bridge.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Ding dong at the Bridge.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Chelsea penalty beats the Mancs. Fergie furious, yellow cards all over the place. United not very chuffed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:19 pm

i'd lost touch with the title race, thought united had it near enough sealed. clearly not

tricky home tie v west ham next week, but it looks a much easier fixture than Chelsea's trip to a resurgent newcastle
United are hopefully going to send wigan down last game (i can dream i know) whilst chelsea hopefully won't be sending us down

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:28 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:i'd lost touch with the title race, thought united had it near enough sealed. clearly not

tricky home tie v west ham next week, but it looks a much easier fixture than Chelsea's trip to a resurgent newcastle
United are hopefully going to send wigan down last game (i can dream i know) whilst chelsea hopefully won't be sending us down
Which would mean that Wigan would have to lose today, and they're playing........

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Queer-face wrote:"It must be necessary for a player to bring a gun and shoot one of our men in the box for us to get a penalty."
:roll: tosser

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:05 pm

The Slur is a moron. If Gallas' was handball at Old Toilet a few weeks ago, then that one was as well. I personally thought they were both handball. Chelsea deserved their win today, although it'll all be for nothing. :(

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:09 pm

Manchester United players were involved in a post-match scuffle with Chelsea staff after their fiery 2-1 defeat.

Patrice Evra, Gary Neville, Ji-Sung Park and Paul Scholes were warming down at Stamford Bridge when they were asked to move by groundstaff, sparking a row.

Chelsea say they will look at CCTV footage before deciding on any action.

Meanwhile, United's Rio Ferdinand apologised to a steward after accidently kicking her following Michael Ballack's late penalty winner.

Ferdinand lashed out at a brick wall as he walked off the pitch but also made contact with a female steward.

"Unfortunately, a lady was stood by and I accidentally brushed her with my foot. I apologised profusely and went back to make sure she was OK," he said.

We will be studying the relevant CCTV and camera footage

Chelsea spokesman

"I have arranged for a bouquet of flowers to be sent to her.

"Credit to her, she laughed it off and was very understanding. She said she wasn't hurt."

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Queer-face wrote:"It must be necessary for a player to bring a gun and shoot one of our men in the box for us to get a penalty."
Did they not get a penalty a few days ago? Which the Greatest-Player-The-World-Has-Ever-And-Indeed-Will-Ever-See missed?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:35 pm

cophilie wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
Did they not get a penalty a few days ago? Which the Greatest-Player-The-World-Has-Ever-And-Indeed-Will-Ever-See missed?
Apart from George Best...
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:46 pm

MEN quoted: "Ronaldo comfortably won his personal battle with Messi." Not sure how that works, because he did f-all while Messi was running rings round the United defence. Talk about clouded vision, ain't in it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:MEN quoted: "Ronaldo comfortably won his personal battle with Messi." Not sure how that works, because he did f-all while Messi was running rings round the United defence. Talk about clouded vision, ain't in it.
This is the single reason that I reserve an unusual amount of bile for that lot down the road.

Their all-pervading limitless supply of arrogance.

Greatest club in the world? One lucky European Cup in an era when they've got more resources than the rest put together suggests they ain't "all that"
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:21 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:i'd lost touch with the title race, thought united had it near enough sealed. clearly not
No, you're thinking of Arsenal. They play the best football ever and had the title won in December. Don't you remember?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:02 pm

Manchester United players were involved in a post-match scuffle with Chelsea staff after their fiery 2-1 defeat.

Patrice Evra, Gary Neville, Ji-Sung Park and Paul Scholes were warming down at Stamford Bridge when they were asked to move by groundstaff, sparking a row.
Altogether now: "Just because yer losing...." :mrgreen:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:18 pm

blurred wrote:
No, you're thinking of Arsenal. They play the best football ever and had the title won in December. Don't you remember?
Really?
Only I remember you saying back in December that (providing you won your game hand) Liverpool had the title in the bag. :wink2:
Businesswoman of the year.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:28 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
blurred wrote:
Really?
Only I remember you saying back in December that (providing you won your game hand) Liverpool had the title in the bag. :wink2:
They did, until the Police caught Carragher halfway down the motoway with it in his boot!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Gary Neville??? he hasn't played for yonks!

always been a sore loser tho :mrgreen:

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:14 am

would have really helped us in our own quest for survival that utd boxed this off today but still can't help raise a smile when you see the manner in which they take defeat, kicking the sh*t out of female stewards? :conf:

gotta say for such a great manager (and he is), ferguson makes some odd tactical decisions at times

Matty-Sharples
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Matty-Sharples » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Gary Neville??? he hasn't played for yonks!

always been a sore loser tho :mrgreen:

Hasnt played for yonks due to Gary Speeds superb challenge may I add.
Who goes? You decide!

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Batman wrote:

Meanwhile, United's Rio Ferdinand apologised to a steward after accidently kicking her following Michael Ballack's late penalty winner.

Ferdinand lashed out at a brick wall as he walked off the pitch but also made contact with a female steward.

"Unfortunately, a lady was stood by and I accidentally brushed her with my foot. I apologised profusely and went back to make sure she was OK," he said.

Chelsea spokesman

"Credit to her, she laughed it off and was very understanding. She said she wasn't hurt."
This reminded me, didn't Rio also smash the ball into a spectator's face at OT when reacting to a decision. IIRC that was also a female who got splatted in the mush, a sheepish Rio then had to go and apologise. So does this mean that for a professional footballer he has a rubbish aim if twice he's tried to aim for a wall and missed. Or he doesn't like women????!!!!!
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Gertie wrote:
Batman wrote:

Chelsea spokesman

This reminded me, didn't Rio also smash the ball into a spectator's face at OT when reacting to a decision. IIRC that was also a female who got splatted in the mush, a sheepish Rio then had to go and apologise. So does this mean that for a professional footballer he has a rubbish aim if twice he's tried to aim for a wall and missed. Or he doesn't like women????!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub842qIfVZQ

He's a bit rubbish, and a bit thick. How do you miss a wall?

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:01 pm

warthog wrote:
Gertie wrote:
Batman wrote:

Chelsea spokesman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub842qIfVZQ

He's a bit rubbish, and a bit thick. How do you miss a wall?
Whatever you do, don't ask Jay Jay Okocha!