Champions League Final

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who do you want to win the CL Final?

Chelsea
72%
Manchester United
28%

Total votes: 46

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed May 21, 2008 11:16 pm

chester white wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:anyone who voted for untied and has the 'benefit' of that blatant red scum loving c*ntbag clive f*cking c*ntbucket tydlesdley must have changed their minds now? god i want chelsea to win it, 1-1 after 90 mins tho and i will be in the £££
A tosser of the highest order. I hate the bloke with a passion!
Are you just jealous that he won his bet? :wink:
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Thoughts:

1) I actually want to kill Clive Tysdley
2) The ref lost control of that game after about 30 seconds
3) That pond-life Evra should have been off long before Drogba sold his team-mates down the river
4) God I wish Ronaldo's miss had cost United the Trophy
5) Folks, its time to underground:- We will NEVER EVER EVER hear the end of this :(
Agree apart from its
me wrote:blatant red scum loving c*ntbag clive f*cking c*ntbucket tydlesdley
Ronaldo :laugh:
The Bionic Man, Iron Man, the man without whom Chelsea would be but a pile of roubles, the one, the only, indestructible, unflappable John Terry :laugh: I'm sorry but he's a f*kin c*nt who tries to referee every game he plays in, hate the guy and laughed when he missed, tho as soon as Anelka stepped up I was gutted - knew he would miss

aaah Nico, perhaps you should donate that £3million we have just lost out on to us out of your collective signing on fees... :roll: nice person!!!!!!!

(I'd have him back though)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 21, 2008 11:18 pm

Verbal wrote:
chester white wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:anyone who voted for untied and has the 'benefit' of that blatant red scum loving c*ntbag clive f*cking c*ntbucket tydlesdley must have changed their minds now? god i want chelsea to win it, 1-1 after 90 mins tho and i will be in the £££
A tosser of the highest order. I hate the bloke with a passion!
Are you just jealous that he won his bet? :wink:
yeah i thought it was a tad harsh too :conf: :wink:

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed May 21, 2008 11:44 pm

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed May 21, 2008 11:45 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Never looked confident, gutted for him.

And, gobby tw*t that he is, i feel sorry for John Terry aswell. For a Chelsea fan to miss in circumstances like that must be awful.
Yeah, I'm gutted too that arguably the biggest wanker in theEnglish game blew it. Oh dear, what a shame.............

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed May 21, 2008 11:52 pm

Thought Chelsea deserved the win as they were the better team from half time onwards, hit the post and bar as well as their admittedly scrappy goal.

Shame if this has cost us money and it'll be a nightmare living in the NW for you lot, but at least Terry's tears are something to remember whenever he's whinging to the refs next year.

Ronaldo bottled his illegal penalty as well just as in Barcelona.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu May 22, 2008 12:05 am

fatshaft wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Never looked confident, gutted for him.

And, gobby tw*t that he is, i feel sorry for John Terry aswell. For a Chelsea fan to miss in circumstances like that must be awful.
Yeah, I'm gutted too that arguably the biggest wanker in theEnglish game blew it. Oh dear, what a shame.............
I'd probably rack up a list of well over 50 before i got to Terry for that award. I'm not even saying the guy isn't a prick, but he bleeds Chelsea football club, and i like players that care about their clubs because it's a rare thing. I know i'd be feckin' distraught if me falling on my arse cost Bolton European glory.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu May 22, 2008 7:02 am

i let out an accidental cheer at the end. it certainly wasn't for united, those buggers had two chances of getting me money - i had ronaldo 2-1 or united to win in extra time.

it was that nico's biggest impact in the champions league he so dearly wanted to be in, was to miss the vital penalty. well done nico. we're safe by the way nicolas, and will see you next season down white hart lane

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 22, 2008 8:57 am

Manchester, this morning is a place I'd rather not be. I am though, surrounded on all sides by tales of the "wonderful night" and "superb victory". Roll on 5-0'clock. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu May 22, 2008 9:00 am

Gutted, and I have a god damn awful hangover

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 22, 2008 10:43 am

All I have to show for last night is an empty wallet and a smashed head! Think I might just go and throw up actually

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu May 22, 2008 11:03 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote: it was that nico's biggest impact in the champions league he so dearly wanted to be in, was to miss the vital penalty. well done nico. we're safe by the way nicolas, and will see you next season down white hart lane
Despite myself, because I don't believe he deserves any malice from Bolton fans, I feel exactly the same. A little bit of karma at work.

The decision for him to take a pen anyway was a bit strange, we saw how "good" he was ourselves with that horrible skied effort.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 22, 2008 11:35 am

fatshaft wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote: it was that nico's biggest impact in the champions league he so dearly wanted to be in, was to miss the vital penalty. well done nico. we're safe by the way nicolas, and will see you next season down white hart lane
Despite myself, because I don't believe he deserves any malice from Bolton fans, I feel exactly the same. A little bit of karma at work.

The decision for him to take a pen anyway was a bit strange, we saw how "good" he was ourselves with that horrible skied effort.
Twas a "slap" decision no doubt. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 22, 2008 12:14 pm

I don't have any malice towards Anelka. I felt a bit sorry for him. However, it is funny that he made such a big thing about playing in the Champions League, yet takes the "losing" penalty.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu May 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Still think, all things considered, that he'd have swapped that for a relegation dogfight.

If you don't buy a ticket an all that....doubt when he was strolling up to the spot he thought to himself "I could miss this penalty to decide the fate of a European Cup final, I don't belong here, I should have stayed at Bolton".
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu May 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Don't know if this counts as malice or not but f*ck him. Serves the fooker right.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 22, 2008 12:42 pm

And what, exacty, is going on in the heads of these fecking idiots? :conf:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7414158.stm
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 22, 2008 12:45 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Still think, all things considered, that he'd have swapped that for a relegation dogfight.

If you don't buy a ticket an all that....doubt when he was strolling up to the spot he thought to himself "I could miss this penalty to decide the fate of a European Cup final, I don't belong here, I should have stayed at Bolton".
Wonder if he still is "living the dream" when Abramovich sells him to West Ham?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu May 22, 2008 12:49 pm

Apparently not a peep of trouble in Moscow. Good.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu May 22, 2008 12:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Still think, all things considered, that he'd have swapped that for a relegation dogfight.

Wonder if he still is "living the dream" when Abramovich sells him to West Ham?
Whatever happens next is no longer our concern. But he got his wish to play in a champions league final, which is something we could never give him. Doesn't suddenly make him sh*t that he missed a penalty.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.