Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 pm

James B wrote:Image
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:10 am

Great strike, his second v liverpool

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2405056/

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 am

£12 million for Arshavin, or £20 million for Keane? Hmm . . .

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:38 am

Did it strike anyone else how shite Arshavin was apart from for the goals? He barely touched the ball otherwise. Looks like he'll be one of those players who may drift through a game without being noticed but then pop up with a piece of brilliance. Or four.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:10 am

Predator. Robbing the defender and acting so quickly and deadly was immense. Priceless goal.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:19 am

jimbo wrote:Did it strike anyone else how shite Arshavin was apart from for the goals? He barely touched the ball otherwise. Looks like he'll be one of those players who may drift through a game without being noticed but then pop up with a piece of brilliance. Or four.
To be fair mate, there will be many a happy Gunner if he can drift through games anonymously and bag four.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 am

Verbal wrote:
jimbo wrote:Did it strike anyone else how shite Arshavin was apart from for the goals? He barely touched the ball otherwise. Looks like he'll be one of those players who may drift through a game without being noticed but then pop up with a piece of brilliance. Or four.
To be fair mate, there will be many a happy Gunner if he can drift through games anonymously and bag four.
I know. I was just on 'Arshavin watch' last night and a few times me and my mate would have dragged him off and brought Theo on. He wasn't involved that much and he offered no protection for poor young Gibbs behind him either! But he came to life when he got the ball near goal and had four chances and scored four.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 am

I'm glad someone else said it other than me, because I'd've been doubtless cast in the role of 'bitter Liverpool fan'. He was anonymous, apart from when we gifted him a couple of goals. Ok, his finishing was top notch (especially the 2nd and 4th which were great strikes), but we gave him the all 4 by losing the ball on the edge of our box, poor clearances that fell to his feet, or just going all out for the win in the case of the latter. He (and Arsenal by extension) did feck all for the rest of the game, and it's one of the strangest games of football I can remember seeing. And I've seen a few following us. Madness. Elating. Depressing. All at the same time.

What a game football is.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 am

blurred wrote:
I'm glad someone else said it other than me, because I'd've been doubtless cast in the role of 'bitter Liverpool fan'. He was anonymous, apart from when we gifted him a couple of goals. Ok, his finishing was top notch (especially the 2nd and 4th which were great strikes), but we gave him the all 4 by losing the ball on the edge of our box, poor clearances that fell to his feet, or just going all out for the win in the case of the latter. He (and Arsenal by extension) did feck all for the rest of the game, and it's one of the strangest games of football I can remember seeing. And I've seen a few following us. Madness. Elating. Depressing. All at the same time.

What a game football is.
The same can be said of Torres, he does little else but score.

When he doesn't score his impact on a game is usually zero!

Liverpool are 3 or 4 top class players short of being in the same league as Man Utd or Chelsea (when properly managed)!

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:40 am

You are...let me get this straight...saying, that apart from scour FOUR GOALS he did nothing? I think I'd take that, though yeah, he was very poor when it came to supporting Gibbs, sold him out several times. I thought Fabregas was poor as well though, very slow to turn and didn't get into the game at all.

For the record, Liverpool were (imho) absolutely SENSATIONAL last night, incredible. They deserved all 3 points, they savaged Arsenal. Arsenal, the supposed best passing team in the world were made to look like hoof-ball merchants (chech out Arshavin's fourth for a perfect example) whilst Liverpool looked amazing. Dirt Kuyt was particularly impressive, he put two balls in (after Benitez moved him wide right) that were *perfect* and he generally put in a Davies-esque shift down the right. Benayoun was brilliant as well...I found myself saying "to think he could have been a wanderer"...

One of the best prem matches I've seen in ages.
Last edited by FD on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 am

FD wrote:
You are...let me get this straight...saying, that apart from scour FOUR GOALS he did nothing? I think I'd take that.

For the record, Liverpool were (imho) absolutely SENSATIONAL last night, incredible. They deserved all 3 points, they raped Arsenal. Arsenal, the supposed best passing team in the world were made to look like hoof-ball merchants (chech out Arshavin's fourth for a perfect example) whilst Liverpool looked amazing.

Why does anyone think that word is appropriate to use outside of its orginal context?

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:45 am

Fair enough, edited for your benefit.

I feel it's an acurate description of what Liverpool did to Arsenal football wise last night, but there we go.

Dictionary.com

raped, rap·ing, rapes
1. To force (another person) to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse; commit rape on.
2. To seize and carry off by force.
3. To plunder or pillage.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:51 pm

warthog wrote:
FD wrote:
You are...let me get this straight...saying, that apart from scour FOUR GOALS he did nothing? I think I'd take that.

For the record, Liverpool were (imho) absolutely SENSATIONAL last night, incredible. They deserved all 3 points, they raped Arsenal. Arsenal, the supposed best passing team in the world were made to look like hoof-ball merchants (chech out Arshavin's fourth for a perfect example) whilst Liverpool looked amazing.

Why does anyone think that word is appropriate to use outside of its orginal context?
Did van Persie play?

Just wondering.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Puskas wrote:
warthog wrote:
FD wrote:

Did van Persie play?

Just wondering.
He aquaplaned on his way to his suspension hearing

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Not sure about your conclusion. I didn't see the game last night so I'll take your word he was quiet in general play, but so far this season he has been immense throughout games. Absolute snip at 12million.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:The same can be said of Torres, he does little else but score.

You're obviously not watching the same football as most of us, then.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:45 pm

blurred wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:The same can be said of Torres, he does little else but score.

Not really on topic, but it always makes me smile when I see this thread, and under 'last poster' it says blurred. I have a vision of a man with a generic scouse face (they DO exist) fighting of a raging horde with a toothpick, blindfolded, and with one hand tied behind his back screaming 'he's not a priiiiiiick'. The words 'losing', and 'battle' spring to mind. Prick (not you blurred).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:33 pm

blurred wrote:

I agree with blurred. There's much more to Torres' game than scoring goals.

Diving, for one.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Who was it that made that wonderful controlled flick on to Gerrard when he scored a while back...

There's a lot more to young Torres than goals, he has quiet games like the rest of them, he can't be as good as Davo every game! :mrgreen: