Man City are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:52 am

William the White wrote:I'm on the verge of being very fond of Manchester City - such heroic underachievement is absolutely outstanding... the Massive Club that cannot win anything... in terms of support they should be in the top four or five for achievement... but slightly behind Newcastle (snigger builds, erupts like volcano...)... :lmfao:
They'll fit nicely alongside Arsenal and Liverpool then. :mrgreen:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Manchester City sign midfielder Yaya Toure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 783455.stm

Good signing, I am suprised Barcelona have let him go, looks a tidy player.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:39 pm

jaffka wrote:Manchester City sign midfielder Yaya Toure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 783455.stm

Good signing, I am suprised Barcelona have let him go, looks a tidy player.
arsenal fans used to lust after him - hoping kolo would persuade him to come....

seems he did - but not before he moved to citeh

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:20 pm

On 200k a week :shock:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Debo wrote:On 200k a week :shock:
There's no way! Wouldn't that make him the highest paid player in the world?

Also, I like how Toure was "surplus to requirements" at Barca but City still paid £24 million for him.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:18 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:

Also, I like how Toure was "surplus to requirements" at Barca but City still paid £24 million for him.
the 200k a week. Is that the rumour? Even as a rumour that is an obscene amount.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:18 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:

Likely to be £28 million, should they qualify for European competition. He played 90 minutes just 9 times last season in all competitions, yet City pay all that cash, just so they can say "We've got a household name". Here's news City.. He aint that good, If he was, he wouldn't be kept out of the team by Biscuits or whatever he's called at Barca. He'll be on huge wages and this time next year, he'll be out on loan after spitting his dummy out about something or other
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:

Likely to be £28 million, should they qualify for European competition. He played 90 minutes just 9 times last season in all competitions, yet City pay all that cash, just so they can say "We've got a household name". Here's news City.. He aint that good, If he was, he wouldn't be kept out of the team by Biscuits or whatever he's called at Barca. He'll be on huge wages and this time next year, he'll be out on loan after spitting his dummy out about something or other
Aye he's a good player, but he's not that good. I'd rather have De Jong for a start!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Busquets is the white Spanish Muamba, so if Yaya is getting kept out of the team by him he can't be that good.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Turns out they had to sell him as they can't afford to pay their player and staff wages for June... It's okay though, they've still promised their members that they can afford to buy Fabregas.. They can't pay him, but they can buy him..

I wonder what Platini makes of that?... What? Nothing? Because they're taking a big name player from the bastards on that Island above France? (No, not Jersey)

English clubs are living beyond their means, but the Spanish aren't?
Last edited by boltonboris on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:09 pm

The Cesc thing is ridiculous. "We openly admit we can't afford to buy you. Instead we're just going to relentlessly tap you up, in the hope that you'll cause such a fuss at Arsenal that they have to sell.".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Tombwfc wrote:The Cesc thing is ridiculous. "We openly admit we can't afford to buy you. Instead we're just going to relentlessly tap you up, in the hope that you'll cause such a fuss at Arsenal that they have to sell.".
Spanish clubs are allowed.. It's in the rules. Press conference in Spain"We want to sign Fabregas, we're willing to pay X amount for him and pay him XX amoutn in wages"

Arsenal complain

Fifa reply "They made you an offer, did you not watch the conference? It were great, I've sky plussed it if you wanna watch it? I think Cesc'll be up for it too, you should let him go"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 pm

The tapping up thing is ridiculous! I read a quote today from them that they were still hopeful of getting Fabregas as they had about E30-40million as long as Arsenal aren't too ridiculous. I think that's up to them lads, what with him being their player.

Surely the cash thing is just a cash flow problem with the leadership change? I can't imagine they actually are skint.

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:The tapping up thing is ridiculous! I read a quote today from them that they were still hopeful of getting Fabregas as they had about E30-40million as long as Arsenal aren't too ridiculous. I think that's up to them lads, what with him being their player.

Surely the cash thing is just a cash flow problem with the leadership change? I can't imagine they actually are skint.
From the BBC Article:
The members shouldn't be afraid because it is under control. We must resolve this tension.

"It can be done in two ways: to have extra income, like selling Chygrynskiy, and/or taking a loan, which is what we have done.

"The previous board had already begun this process. We followed the same path - the same banks, the same target but with a different business plan. They [Laporta's board] also knew they needed this credit."
So they were skint whoever was in charge apparently

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:10 pm

dave1980 wrote: From the BBC Article:
The members shouldn't be afraid because it is under control. We must resolve this tension.

"It can be done in two ways: to have extra income, like selling Chygrynskiy, and/or taking a loan, which is what we have done.

"The previous board had already begun this process. We followed the same path - the same banks, the same target but with a different business plan. They [Laporta's board] also knew they needed this credit."
So they were skint whoever was in charge apparently
They've Chydrynski for (approx) £12 Million. Pep aint too happy either, he wanted to use him this season. They had to get a loan of 125 Million Euros, just to see them through for a couple of months. They have to pay it back (you'd think.... Although, you can never know with the 'big two'). They are skint, because the people who buy their television rights have gone bankrupt.. Akin to sky going tits up with Premier League clubs.

Expect the same to happen with Los Blancos too, as their 'Media Partners' have filed for Bankruptcy protection.

They'll both be able to sell the rights again, but for nowhere near the Billion Euro deal they both previously had, plus coupled with increased repayments to banks, it could be a couple of rocky seasons for the pair.. Especially with the Qatari gent buying RCD Mallorca

But then again, Real will be bailed out by the council.. They'll buy a car from the club for a hundred and fifty million Euros and give it back as a birthday present..

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Busquets is the white Spanish Muamba, so if Yaya is getting kept out of the team by him he can't be that good.
So he's not the black Spanish Muamba then? Who is then? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Marcos Senna..

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:Marcos Senna..
Nah, he's the black brazilian Muamba :D