For Pundit Read Pillock

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

For Pundit Read Pillock

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:04 pm

It's about time we had a thread for this.

I've said for a long time that ex-players as pundits are never anything other than cringeworthy. I'll make an exception for Chris Kamara in that he doesn't take himself anymore seriously as a pundit than he did as a player.

Tony Gale has just said on Sky Sports News that Liverpool are two down at home to Blackpool at half-time because of the club's ownership issues. PULL!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Seeing a bit of a backlash against ill-informed punditry in some sections of the online media recently after Shearer's comment about Ben Arfa

The world cup was the worst though, all the pundits not bothering to research either side in many matches. I knew 100 times more about North Korea from reading one article before the tournament reporting on their friendly with Greece.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Redknapp - the slimy know nowt cockney nice person

Then a few Talkshite stooges including Cundy, Parwa, Houghton and Quinn

Fcuk off, just fcuk off

Oh aye, not to neglect BBC, Claridge
Sto ut Serviam

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:21 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Redknapp - the slimy know nowt cockney tw*t

Fcuk off, just fcuk off

That Jason Cundy is a proper fat w*nker who thinks the world of himself.

You left Collymore out of that list too..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Fcuk off, just fcuk off

Even with all the illustrious names mentioned above, Claridge is simply in a class of his own.

Such as when tells us Fergie, does not understand tactics and what he should do is......... (Yes, Fergie of Stretford)
What goes around may still come around

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

What a canute
Sto ut Serviam

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 pm

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... 42&start=0

Aye, we've dabbled before. I think we only stopped slagging them off because it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Claridge always get a mention, and the less said about Mark Bright the better for all.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:27 am

Two words: Garth Crooks

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:35 pm

All of them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Perhaps Tony Gale will be good enough to point out how come Liverpool lost to Everton yesterday now that they've seemingly resolved their ownership issues. Could it be because they're not very good? :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I caught the end of Alan Green last night on Five Live. He was on about getting rid of Hodgson because he's had eight games in charge. Mental.

Where do they find these pillocks? How much are they paid? How do I apply for the job?

It's like Lawro. He always predicts a two-nil against us. Lazy thinking. Now he's got a 'guest' on his prediction thingy. Probably cos he's a plank who couldn't predict the sun rising tomorrow.

I should apply for a shotgun license. :evil:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:18 pm

InsaneApache wrote:I caught the end of Alan Green last night on Five Live. He was on about getting rid of Hodgson because he's had eight games in charge. Mental.

Where do they find these pillocks? How much are they paid? How do I apply for the job?

It's like Lawro. He always predicts a two-nil against us. Lazy thinking. Now he's got a 'guest' on his prediction thingy. Probably cos he's a plank who couldn't predict the sun rising tomorrow.

Actually I believe he predicted a 2-1 win for us on the weekend - he's coming round. He still generally picks Chelsea to win 2-0 though.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
InsaneApache wrote:I caught the end of Alan Green last night on Five Live. He was on about getting rid of Hodgson because he's had eight games in charge. Mental.

Actually I believe he predicted a 2-1 win for us on the weekend - he's coming round. He still generally picks Chelsea to win 2-0 though.
Why wouldn't you pick Chelsea to win 2-0 every week? Predicting a 6-0 would upset fans of that club and they'd claim he's rubbishing them, while on the otherhand it would be foolish to predict anything other than a Chelsea win.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:05 pm

InsaneApache wrote:

:evil:
no - he doesn't.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Re: For Pundit Read Pillock

Post by fatshaft » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:47 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:It's about time we had a thread for this.

I've said for a long time that ex-players as pundits are never anything other than cringeworthy. I'll make an exception for Chris Kamara in that he doesn't take himself anymore seriously as a pundit than he did as a player.
In defence of Kammy, while he does make a tit of himself on soccer satruday, and doesn't mind it, on Goals on Sunday he is often very inciteful, in a way that the MOTD clowns could only ever dream of. Of all the ex-player pundits, for me he is quite a bit ahead of the rest. Of the rest, I don't mind champagne Charlie, and Souness, much as I detest the odious ex-Hun, is usually pretty good, and at least isn't afraid to be controversial.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:50 am

bw@bw wrote:

Fcuk off, just fcuk off

Even with all the illustrious names mentioned above, Claridge is simply in a class of his own.

Such as when tells us Fergie, does not understand tactics and what he should do is......... (Yes, Fergie of Stretford)
Aye Claridge is dreadful, but (Crooks excepted) Cundy is just the worst of the lot for me. I particularly like SKY sports habit of lining him up against Graham Hunter (their Spanish football expert) in a head to head discussion, who makes him look like an even bigger nice person than normal.

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Anyone catch Neil Warnock's insightful summary of the Bolton - Stoke game at the weekend. "Tony'll be disappointed with that but Coyley will be pleased." That was it. There was no more...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:49 pm

He's not wrong the boy Warnock, though, is he?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:10 pm

jimbo wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Why wouldn't you pick Chelsea to win 2-0 every week? Predicting a 6-0 would upset fans of that club and they'd claim he's rubbishing them, while on the otherhand it would be foolish to predict anything other than a Chelsea win.
It would have worked in Moscow too today.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:39 pm

bettyrasta wrote:Anyone catch Neil Warnock's insightful summary of the Bolton - Stoke game at the weekend. "Tony'll be disappointed with that but Coyley will be pleased." That was it. There was no more...
But he does sit next to Alan Brazil so has to make it really basic ;)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!