Gordon's gone

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Gordon's gone

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Strachan's gone then - since that radio interview (last week?) he seemed to be hovering over the trapdoor...

anyway - Smeggo for the Smoggies?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Re: Gordon's gone

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm

thebish wrote:Strachan's gone then - since that radio interview (last week?) he seemed to be hovering over the trapdoor...

anyway - Smeggo for the Smoggies?
If there really is a God! (You can advise on that one, Bish!) :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Strachan is a shite manager and an irritating little prick. He clearly believes that the rubbish that he pipes up with is somehow shrewd and witty. Prick.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Strachan is a shite manager and an irritating little prick. He clearly believes that the rubbish that he pipes up with is somehow shrewd and witty. Prick.
spot - and indeed - on.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:34 pm

If Mugson does go to boro, are we in line for some compensation?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Mowbray is going to Boro so I heard?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm

jaffka wrote:If Mugson does go to boro, are we in line for some compensation?
Doubt it. His year long (uphill) gardening leave must be nearly up by now.
Businesswoman of the year.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Mowbray is a fan favourite and self-professed connoisseur of the game. Tippy tap football awaits the North East

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Not sure Strachan made a correct decision since the day before he dropped SKD from the whole squad for the cup final in 2003.

Some Celtic fans may disagree, but my Grandmother could get them to 1st or 2nd in that league. Indeed, I understand Dan Smith's grandmother DID do that, twice.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:05 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Not sure Strachan made a correct decision since the day before he dropped SKD from the whole squad for the cup final in 2003.

Some Celtic fans may disagree, but my Grandmother could get them to 1st or 2nd in that league. Indeed, I understand Dan Smith's grandmother DID do that, twice.
Well, he did succeed where countless others had failed over 30+ odd years - in finally getting Coventry relegated.

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:12 pm

jaffka wrote:If Mugson does go to boro, are we in line for some compensation?

Gary's 7/2 on with the betting, just been on sky to say he's interested in the job....i would cry laughing if he got the job.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

:D :D :D :D
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Seriously - is there only me that thinks that Meggo would do a job for them? I mean, what's best for them here - someone that can stop the rot or someone like Mowbray that can get them to play tippy-tappy up to the halfway line and that hasn't got a clue beyond that? Neither of them could attack a decent breakfast but I reckon that Meggo would at least teach them how to shut up shop for a while.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Theres part of me (the 100% part) that knows he'll piss yet another set of fans/players/directors off to high heaven. Don't particularly hate Boro, so wouldn't wish it on 'em.

Now if West Ham were looking....
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Seriously - is there only me that thinks that Meggo would do a job for them? I mean, what's best for them here - someone that can stop the rot or someone like Mowbray that can get them to play tippy-tappy up to the halfway line and that hasn't got a clue beyond that? Neither of them could attack a decent breakfast but I reckon that Meggo would at least teach them how to shut up shop for a while.

I agree with you ,i can certainly think of worse....Paul Ince for one!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Seriously - is there only me that thinks that Meggo would do a job for them? I mean, what's best for them here - someone that can stop the rot or someone like Mowbray that can get them to play tippy-tappy up to the halfway line and that hasn't got a clue beyond that? Neither of them could attack a decent breakfast but I reckon that Meggo would at least teach them how to shut up shop for a while.
I'm in agreement.. He'll get 'em scrapping and that's what you need in that division. The Boro fans won't be happy though
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:25 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'm in agreement.. He'll get 'em scrapping and that's what you need in that division. The Boro fans won't be happy though
Of course. Only Gibson, the ever faithfull, let them slip down a division. Those that slate Gartside want to give their heads a shake!

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 am

I very much doubt this will happen but apparently Gary's on 'Boros short list :shock:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ga ... 05469.html

Gary Megson is the shock name at the top of ­Middlesbrough’s wanted list to become their new manager.

Megson has been out of work since Bolton sacked him last December but he is desperate to get back into the game and has a top record in the Championship.

Boro supremo Steve Gibson is ready to move fast for a replacement and could even speak to Megson today as he decides on his choice - and would want a face-to-face to make his judgement.

Megson is still officially on gardening leave at Bolton but senior Wanderers sources confirmed that they would not stand in his way or be awkward if Boro wanted to take him on immediately.

Boro have been strongly linked with old boy Tony Mowbray and Gibson is an admirer of his club’s former skipper and icon. But Megson’s track record has really impressed.

The experienced boss took West Brom to the top flight and is also willing to work on a tight budget – and maybe even on a contract until the end of the season.

Gibson knows this is a vital campaign for Boro after backing former boss Gordon Strachan in the transfer market. His club needs to boost gates and bid for the play-offs to keep their season going.

The Boro supremo wants someone who can deliver on a budget - and possibly work with some of the existing coaching staff - and Megson is currently ticking all of those boxes.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:06 am

Alien3 wrote:I very much doubt this will happen but apparently Gary's on 'Boros short list :shock:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ga ... 05469.html

The experienced boss took West Brom to the top flight and is also willing to work on a tight budget – and maybe even on a contract until the end of the season.

The Boro supremo wants someone who can deliver on a budget.
Those two bits made me LOL.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 am

Megson has a better track record than Mowbray.

He took West Brom from a similar position Boro are in now and a season or two later got them into the Premiership.

I don't know really what the issues are at Boro whether its just a case of poor players or falling outs or whatever, but I think in the short term Megson might sort em out.

If I was a Boro fan I'd certainly prefer him to Mowbray!

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:45 am

I heard the BBC say that Megson has "a track record" of getting teams out of the Championship.

They must be counting Forest in that number of teams he's taken out of the Championship, otherwise that "track record" would consist of one.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you