Pool could soon be in a whole lot of trouble but ......

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:33 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Gary Megson's gardening leave is up shortly isn't it, eh?
December, isn't it? Dunno if it is the beginning of December, or the End - maybe christmas day, a gift to us all?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:44 am

thebish wrote:
December, isn't it? Dunno if it is the beginning of December, or the End - maybe Christmas day, a gift to us all?
He was sacked on December 30th.

His contarct allowed for a rolling 12m notice period and this seems to have stipulated that, should he take other work in that time then we would no longer be obliged to pay him.

He many times tried to get us to pay him up front .... thus "allowing" him to seek other work. He went to far as to claim we were the reason he wasn't seeking other work ... cheeky nice person.

Bish., btw, I inputted a capital letter for your "Christmas day" .... just trying to help !! :wink:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:So, if true, Roy won't be given time. As the board said when they took over.

Liverpool board lying to their support? Haven't we seen that somewhere before? Should we expect, say, street protests? The burning of the American flag, say? "Yanks out"? Or could it just be another case of selective hearing?
Not if, in a fit of near Geordie hysteria, they appoint 'King Kenny' ... the most fotunately appointed football manager ever ... twice.

If they do sack Woy then appoint him the fans will be in, short-term, delight. He will utterly bomb and they really actually could go from bad to worse.The pressure on him will be intense. He succeeded there last time after Heysel and Fagan's retirement. Thius picking up a team of Chamionship winners and Eurpean Finalists. That almost sent him round the twist & he stepped down before he cracked. Then took over Jack Walkers bank account at Blackburn & signed big names for big money ... again eventually leaving due to the pressure of the job .... then Newcastle and ditto.

Since then he's raked in £m's being ambassador at various places and muttering incoherently.

He did, however, throw his hat in the ring in the summer, hopeing to replace some prick or other & has been stalking the cowwidors since Woy's awwaival.

I honestly think this is a distinct possibility.

Hopefully just after they lose to us. Bolton do have a habit of being a struggling manager's "final straw" ... many have been sacked after losing to us, which I always think is a bit rude tbh.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:24 am

Liverpool Football Club have begun their prelimary hunt for a new manager, should they need to sack Roy Hodgson. I am led to believe that morale is at an all-time low in the squad amongst senior players with some complaining that they feel "lost" and "confused" by the manager's methods.
feck off and grow up you overpaid soft wankers.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:48 am

thebish wrote:
Liverpool Football Club have begun their prelimary hunt for a new manager, should they need to sack Roy Hodgson. I am led to believe that morale is at an all-time low in the squad amongst senior players with some complaining that they feel "lost" and "confused" by the manager's methods.
Pastoral care at it's finest! Is there a chaplaincy vacancy going at Anfield? :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
Pastoral care at it's finest! Is there a chaplaincy vacancy going at Anfield? :mrgreen:
sadly not - it seems to be a bloke called Bill Bygroves...

one of his church members had a birthday recently and his family bought him a cake - and adapted it slightly...

oh how I wish It could have been me!

http://atbloggerheads.files.wordpress.c ... g_6321.jpg

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:22 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
It can't be the bastard still hasn't got round to mine yet.
Remember? You're one of the bastard fans he had no regard for from day one. Whether you booed him or not. He'd piss on your pagonias before he'd triim your bush.
I usually have to pay for that sort of service.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:58 am

From the BBC
A second-string Liverpool side produced a defiant display as they earned an admirable draw at Napoli in their Europa League Group K tie.
How are the mighty fallen when they have to rest their "stars" from a European game in preparation for a home Premiership game against Blackburn!! :D I wonder what their fans think of that? A certain Bolton manager used to get vilified for doing that.

Sam, or he who should not be named, must be having a good laugh about it, wont it be fun if it backfires on them. :D
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:49 am

... and a slightly different write up by the Beeb from the one we got for doing the same thing, as I recall.

Still, that's big clubs for you! :evil:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 pm

You're not suggesting that the BBC is biased are you?

Shurely shome mishtake. :pissed:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:13 pm

InsaneApache wrote:You're not suggesting that the BBC is biased are you?

Shurely shome mishtake. :pissed:
Heaven forfend! 8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:... and a slightly different write up by the Beeb from the one we got for doing the same thing, as I recall.

Still, that's big clubs for you! :evil:
So they weren't disrespecting their fans then? I'm sure somehow it must be different to us and Villa, but at first look it isn't obvious how?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.