Ambitious Blackburn

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ambitious Blackburn

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:19 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:Finally 'the finest town club in the land' can breathe once more.....

:pissed:
I somehow feel that you may just regret losing Kean when the Numpties appoint your next manager. Please please put Shebby in the hot seat :oyea:
The Voice Of Reason

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:39 am

Fair play to Blackburn fans. They got their wish. Kean is a poisonous bastard and one who hated the fans as much as they hated him.

This is no different to our situation in 'outing' Megson. Don't understand the sympathy Kean's getting to be honest.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 am

The Chicken people have brought misrunning a football club to new levels. Maybe matched only by Pompey &, at a much lower level, Chester City when the American owner picked himself.

That included sacking BSA, appointing Kean & their subsequent treatment of him. They deserve all that befalls them.

The fans ? Much as we villify them as rivals, they have been ill-served, but their behaviours have not been good to see. I suppose you "had to be there" to really understand.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:29 am

Shortlist already drawn up
- Mourinho Pele Guardiola,Rijkard,Klinsman,Mother Theresa,Souness, Revie, Wenger, Clough,Souness, Ferguson,Dalgleish,Mancini,Rodgers Souness......

Wonder if they already have someone lined up,there really is no way to predict what will happen at the rovers,watching the boards next move will be like unwrapping some of those allflavour sweets in Harry Potter for the Blackburn fans.
Contract negotiations would be fascinating to evesdrop on aswell.Whoever goes there next could do with a good agent.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:30 am

Salford Trotter wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

latest odds....looks like Sherwood
:lmfao: gary megson at 25/1, come on meggo you know you want that job.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Shortlist already drawn up
- Mourinho Pele Guardiola,Rijkard,Klinsman,Mother Theresa,Souness, Revie, Wenger, Clough,Souness, Ferguson,Dalgleish,Mancini,Rodgers Souness......

Wonder if they already have someone lined up,there really is no way to predict what will happen at the rovers,watching the boards next move will be like unwrapping some of those allflavour sweets in Harry Potter for the Blackburn fans.
Contract negotiations would be fascinating to evesdrop on aswell.Whoever goes there next could do with a good agent.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:, we all know they are going to go for the cheapest option so that means a blackburn schoolboy who picked the team for his school u13 game
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

latest odds....looks like Sherwood
:lmfao: gary megson at 25/1, come on meggo you know you want that job.
That would be even funnier than allardyce going to the home of the beautiful game.Not heard a lot of moaning from hammers fans lately but what lovely squeeling pig sounds would emit from ewok park should voldemort decend with flowing black cloak into the premordial swamp and what curious beasties and freaks of nature would ensue from such a perfect marriage.

Megson in for shits and giggles

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:55 am

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager
my analysis of favourites and chances of getting job
sherwood: will be worse than keen and take them to bottem halve of table but is old favourite so fans will be kind 9/10
shearer: is club legend and will be loved, likely to take them to promotion 7/10
arry: will take them to play off defeat and will be hated by fans for his pure inability to not give 5 interviews a day 3/10
mccarthy: will finish mid table and be liked because he sounds like a local even though he is from yorkshire 5/10
curbs: is the best choice on the whole list and will lead them to league title will therefore obviously be loved by fans 8/10

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager
sherwood: will be worse than keen and take them to bottem halve of table but is old favourite so fans will be kind 9/10
shearer: is club legend and will be loved, likely to take them to promotion 7/10
arry: will take them to play off defeat and will be hated by fans for his pure inability to not give 5 interviews a day 3/10
mccarthy: will finish mid table and be liked because he sounds like a local even though he is from yorkshire 5/10
curbs: is the best choice on the whole list and will lead them to league title will therefore obviously be loved by fans 8/10
Shearer is a MotD pundit with one brief rubbish spell in management so that is quite a leap of faith!
Sherwood has no previous as a manager so no way of telling what kind of job he would do.I think a lot of the people on that list wouldnt entertain Blackburn under the current owners.You kind of expect talk about big names and then a meak announcement of a lesser name. Of the more established names I could see McCarthy doing the job and getting them up. Nigel Worthington may be interested too but I cant see them going for him. A lot of the others mentioned I supect wouldnt touch it with a bargepole. Not mentioned in the odds is Solksjaar who I would have thought may be a good outside bet again depending on what the working conditions may be like.
Key qualities in the next dingle manager
# Desperate for work
# Not working in a reasonably settled environment
# Cocksure and straightforward enough not to be rattled by and able to stand up to the insane owners

There's only a handful on that list who fit the key criteria

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:23 am

Well, as Sherwood resigned from his cushy job at spurs the day before Kean resignorated then ... & maybe I'll leaping to conclusions here ... it has to be, at a minimum, all things considered & not making too sweeping a judgement ... and still awaiting PSG, and my apologies for being a bit quick to decide ... almost a nailed-on probably ... Tim Sherwood, wouldn't you think ??

No way would Sheararse play 2nd fiddle to him, nor I guess the other way around. So the "dream team" is unlikely ... which is a shame as it would have domed written all over it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:32 am

bobo the clown wrote:Well, as Sherwood resigned from his cushy job at spurs the day before Kean resignorated then ... & maybe I'll leaping to conclusions here ... it has to be, at a minimum, all things considered & not making too sweeping a judgement ... and still awaiting PSG, and my apologies for being a bit quick to decide ... almost a nailed-on probably ... Tim Sherwood, wouldn't you think ??

No way would Sheararse play 2nd fiddle to him, nor I guess the other way around. So the "dream team" is unlikely ... which is a shame as it would have domed written all over it.
Ah, didnt realise sherwood had left spurs. Nailed on then. Appease the baying mob and hope an untried oldboy can do the trick. I cant see shearer becoming a manager now. Some PR type post plus his easy money talking heads work. His brief attempt at being the messiah should be enough to make him realise where his bread is buttered.
They have a squad well capable of getting up and have already made a good start so if sherwood is half decent he should succeed this year. Keen has been a dead man walking for months in reality. No matter what he did he could never have got the dingles fans behind him. It's just bizarre that they should let him manage over the summer and make signings only to accept it as untenable now. Perhaps they thought a few wins would turn the fans around like seems to be happening with those nice bolton fans

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:42 am

Who in their right mind would want to manager of Blackburn at the moment. Those Venky clowns are an absolute disgrace and I would have to question the sanity of anyone who is prepared to be the Blackburn manager at the moment.

If Sherwood has a change of mind then they may struggle to get anyone.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 am

Kean:

"For reasons that I cannot discuss on legal advice, it is with deep regret, given my hard work and service for the club for a number of years, that I have been forced to resign as manager of Blackburn Rovers Football Club with immediate effect, due to my position as team manager becoming untenable".
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:36 am

ROVERS F.C. wrote:Finally 'the finest town club in the land' can breathe once more.....
LOL
Businesswoman of the year.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager
Shearer is a MotD pundit with one brief rubbish spell in management so that is quite a leap of faith!
Sherwood has no previous as a manager so no way of telling what kind of job he would do.I think a lot of the people on that list wouldnt entertain Blackburn under the current owners.You kind of expect talk about big names and then a meak announcement of a lesser name. Of the more established names I could see McCarthy doing the job and getting them up. Nigel Worthington may be interested too but I cant see them going for him. A lot of the others mentioned I supect wouldnt touch it with a bargepole. Not mentioned in the odds is Solksjaar who I would have thought may be a good outside bet again depending on what the working conditions may be like.
Key qualities in the next dingle manager
# Desperate for work
# Not working in a reasonably settled environment
# Cocksure and straightforward enough not to be rattled by and able to stand up to the insane owners

There's only a handful on that list who fit the key criteria
megson fits the bill

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Oh, how glorious it would be if they got Megson!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Kean:

"For reasons that I cannot discuss on legal advice, it is with deep regret, given my hard work and service for the club for a number of years, that I have been forced to resign as manager of Blackburn Rovers Football Club with immediate effect, due to my position as team manager becoming untenable".
Was that on a letter headed constructive dismissal case proposal?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Kean:

Was that on a letter headed constructive dismissal case proposal?
Sounds a little bit like that doesnt it :laugh: Perhaps they offered him a reduced rate second fiddle to sherwood role.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Henrik Larsson in the frame

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... BAshton%2B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:30 pm

jaffka wrote:Henrik Larsson in the frame

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... BAshton%2B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd love to get Henrik at Bolton. As well as maanger I think he would be a good first choice striker.