Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 am

thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:If you thought that was bad you should of watched the spuds game before hand, that was even worse. The only exciting bit was when Lloris got a knee in the head and carried on playing despite having concussion.
and how was that allowed to happen??? in the modern world - knowing what we do about the dangers of head injuries - if he had been knocked out there is no way he should have been allowed to play on... wtf????
I saw it, bish, and he took a right old bang to the crust. Regardless of his Lloris's protestations that he was OK the decision should never have been left with the player. Poor form on the part of Spuds, I think. They had perfectly adequate cover on the bench in Friedel.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:34 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:If you thought that was bad you should of watched the spuds game before hand, that was even worse. The only exciting bit was when Lloris got a knee in the head and carried on playing despite having concussion.
and how was that allowed to happen??? in the modern world - knowing what we do about the dangers of head injuries - if he had been knocked out there is no way he should have been allowed to play on... wtf????
I saw it, bish, and he took a right old bang to the crust. Regardless of his Lloris's protestations that he was OK the decision should never have been left with the player. Poor form on the part of Spuds, I think. They had perfectly adequate cover on the bench in Friedel.
absolutely - should never be up to the player - or even the manager - if he's been knocked out he should be off.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:26 am

While playing for the University many, many moons ago one of our players was knocked out cold on about the hour. We'd used our (only) sub.

The guy came round, after a while, and our manager was keen he continued. The ref was less happy and leant over him with a number of fingers extended saying "how many fingers can you see ?".

The player, eyes all over the place looked, squinted and said Wednesday !!".

Our manager then proclaimed "See ... he's right ... it IS Wednesday !!"

The ref insisted he went off & to hospital.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 am

He had a knee shaped indentation where his Cheekboke should've been.. I bet his face is twice as big today as it was when he woke up yesterday...

He's a bloody big lump that Lukaku, too.. And he was going at a decent rate of knots!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:He had a knee shaped indentation where his Cheekboke should've been.. I bet his face is twice as big today as it was when he woke up yesterday...

He's a bloody big lump that Lukaku, too.. And he was going at a decent rate of knots!
Ironically though Lukaku ended up the worse off of the 2 and had to be substituted 5 minutes latter, he then had his knee bandaged up.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Chirpy wrote:Thought it was an accident, nothing more - unlike that nasty little Stephen Hunt/Cech collision from the other year
I agree, pure accident. However, Dossena - a nasty nice person from Sunderland that tried to break a Hull player's (Meyler?) leg on the weekend. Did you see it? How his leg didn't go I've no idea.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:35 pm

No doubt it was an accident, think the debate revolves around whether Lloris should have been allowed to stay on for his own health.

That Dossena one was disgusting. Had the Hull lad's studs stuck in the turf they'd still be picking up shards of bone from the pitch.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Meyler was a bit of a fans favourite at Sun'lun too wasn't he?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Here you go;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:23 pm

No idea - Don't think I'd heard of him before yesterday afternoon.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 pm

All this fall out about Hubert Lorries harks me back to the time when Klasnic was knocked out cold against Everton at the Reebok. He continued after he'd smelt the smelling salts and it turned out nice because he popped up with the winner. 3-2. :oyea:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:All this fall out about Hubert Lorries harks me back to the time when Klasnic was knocked out cold against Everton at the Reebok. He continued after he'd smelt the smelling salts and it turned out nice because he popped up with the winner. 3-2. :oyea:
and that was just a nice angle for the journos in their match report.

Lloris happens and we have every organisation up to Fifa involved! On telly / big name I guess.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Athers wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:All this fall out about Hubert Lorries harks me back to the time when Klasnic was knocked out cold against Everton at the Reebok. He continued after he'd smelt the smelling salts and it turned out nice because he popped up with the winner. 3-2. :oyea:
and that was just a nice angle for the journos in their match report.

Lloris happens and we have every organisation up to Fifa involved! On telly / big name I guess.
Lukaku was knocked out on his debut for Everton against West Ham this season, he stayed on....no song and dance about that...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Various oars being stuck in from all angles. I'm waiting to hear Peter Herbert's viewpoint.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:10 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Various oars being stuck in from all angles. I'm waiting to hear Peter Herbert's viewpoint.
Lloris isn't black....so won't get involved....however he may claim that his head was racist towards Lukakus knee.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:10 pm

In fairness, I think the reason there's been such a fuss is Villas-Boas when interviewed seemed to know that Lloris couldn't remember what happened, and seemed quite blasé about that. With the others I remember the medical staff had seemed to indicate that the player was ok to continue. With this it was reported as the staff saying he should go off, but AVB letting Lloris overrule them when he maybe wasn't in a fit state to do so.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Has Grunto's telly broke?

Cheating red bastard.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Has Grunto's telly broke?

Cheating red bastard.
Really enjoyed that penalty miss.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Has Grunto's telly broke?

Cheating red bastard.
Really enjoyed that penalty miss.
Young is fecking shameless.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Ryan Giggs was happy enough with the result because "We controlled the game and probably should have won it". You didn't and you didn't mate.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?