McClaren Out !!!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:In all seriousness, I can only hope that McClaren went as a jolly at his own time and expence. If he went on an official mission to watch a player that even I could tell you all about, having a kickabout with a bunch of actors then we are in more serious trouble under the tosser than I'd ever allowed myself to believe.
It turns out that he didn't even watch the kick-about !!

To be fair (which, you will appreciate, is not my nature) he NOW says he went out to talk to him & to see him train .... which, oddly, is probably more relevant than watching him play a 14-a-side, flying goalies, no-offside kickabout.

Just.

If someone working for me, who knew all the in's & out's of a piece of equipment that he'd worked with for 10 yrs, went all that way, costing huge sums of money & large chunks of time, just to see if it was operating reasonably well ... and then never actually saw the equipment in action, just looked at it in situ' .... well, we'd want the costs back & I'd be arranging a Gross Misconduct action against him.

But I still hold that Beckham's now simply a merchandising tool, rather than a real football selection.

McClaren Out !!!

Yes he is!
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:58 pm

Exactly, Bobo. Has anyone asked him what beneficial knowledge he garnered from his trip? I'd love to hear his answer.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:16 pm

i heard mcclaren's excuse

why couldn't he have just rung the doctors up?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:12 am

McClaren Out !!!

(sorry ... just limbering up)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Bollocks to Mclaren, bollocks to the next manager and all that shite.

COME ON ISRAEL !!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:20 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:Bollocks to Mclaren, bollocks to the next manager and all that shite.

However, there was some or other dour Jock on the wireless this morning giving it the old "Ooor destanny's in oor own hanz, aye, and that lot's isnnaey, sooo come on Russia". One might have thought that the chap in question might have more pressing matters in mind but there you go. Small minded tosser.[/quote]
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:29 pm

england ought to be congratulated.

they even managed to make the highlights boring

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:Bollocks to Mclaren, bollocks to the next manager and all that shite.

Indeed. However, there was some or other dour Jock on the wireless this morning giving it the old "Ooor destanny's in oor own hanz, aye, and that lot's isnnaey, sooo come on Russia". One might have thought that the chap in question might have more pressing matters in mind but there you go. Small minded tosser.
Indeed Bruce mate, have even been on another scottish site proffering my heartfelt wishes that Scotland progress, only to be hit with the usual "well i don't hope England go through" bile.

Some people just can't rise above their petty prejudices i suppose.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:40 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:Some people just can't rise above their petty prejudices i suppose.
Oh absolutely, WA, but consider that this was the guy's answer to a question about Scotland's own chances. No-one had even mentioned England. It was a fecking remarkable bit of hate-filled bile. :shock:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:53 pm

There may or may not be a comparison here. Say we get to the Uefa Cup semis and the rags reach the Champs Lge semis in the same week, and there's a phone-in on Piccadilly. Can you imagine similar comments? 'Cos I can...

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:14 pm

He might not be done just yet . . .

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:58 pm

MCLAREN IN!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:16 pm

mclaren who

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:39 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:MCLAREN IN!!!!!!!
Lewis Hamilton out?

I wonder who he'll pick up front now Ickle Mickey's wheels have fallen off again? Crouch and Defoe?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:40 pm

i reckon he'll play crouch on his own, and Gerrard as the 'support striker'

5 in midfield

boring or what

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:10 pm

I'm sure Gerrard can dive his way to victory.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:11 pm

he usually does

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:40 pm

Can you imagine the rumpus if we lose on Wednesday now?

It'll be far worse than if Russia had simply won (and Croatia for that matter - Macedonia gave us an unlikely lifeline, whatever the Russia result, but that hasn't been much commented on).
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:41 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:I'm sure Gerrard can dive his way to victory.
Don't give a shite how he does it - as long as he does.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:37 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Can you imagine the rumpus if we lose on Wednesday now?

It'll be far worse than if Russia had simply won (and Croatia for that matter - Macedonia gave us an unlikely lifeline, whatever the Russia result, but that hasn't been much commented on).
I'd argue with that, Mummy. In fact, I will. Macedonia beating Croatia doesn't give us a lifeline; it doesn't alter our chances of qualification at all. Whether in first or second, Croatia qualified as soon as the game ended in Israel, while we would still need to beat Croatia whatever their result against the Macedons. However, because Croatia lost, they could surrender their top position to us by losing again on Wednesday; some would say that gives them added impetus, making our job harder, not easier.

That said, there's a school of thought that it might not be a very good thing to finish first in the groups (and thus be first seeds rather than second seeds in the finals draw), because the decidedly average Austrians and Swiss are by default first seeds (as are holders Greece), meaning there's likely to be a couple of sharks in that second pot. Mind, Italy and France can't both be top seeds, and I wouldn't fancy our chances of avoiding utter embarrassment against either at the moment.

More on that seeding stuff (scroll down below the ad)