Curbishley Resigns.....

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:51 pm

hmm if you bothered to read what i write you'll find a sound reasoning behind my dislike of certain players

maybe in and amongst your hero worship you might like to formulate your own opinions on matters rather than following others like a lemming

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:51 pm

Batman wrote:course it will you joey
What does Sam Allardyce have to do with Bolton NOW?

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:52 pm

hmmm, former player, resident of the town, one of the best managers we've ever had........influence still felt around the club

tell me why it isn't, brains

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Batman wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: "Megson's a better manager".

Well, let's put it this way, if Megson left tomorrow and we appointed Curbishley in his place would you be found whooping & hollering with joy at our new, prestigious, appointment ?
I'd be whooping and hollering if we replaced Megson with a bag of ready mix cement, so the chances are I'd be happy.
That really is quite pathetic. IMHO
easy to slag off, harder to justify what you say
this site is going to the dogs, becomes more and more like a playground every day is fools like this here
Hmm pot and kettle springs to mind.

Point is some people like LK are only interested in Megson and hence the club failing. Which is in my view pathetic and really such "supporters" damage a clubs reputation.

Others like W4E and DSB are on the record for not liking Megson but at least they are still after the club succeeding and will be happy if they do under Megson.
No, I don't want him to fail, that would be a waste of my time and money every other week.

If you take your head from out of Megsons behind for a fraction of a second you would notice lower crowds, poor tactics, boring football. It isn't me or 'my kind' that are ruining the club.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:56 pm

Batman wrote:hmmm, former player, resident of the town, one of the best managers we've ever had........influence still felt around the club

tell me why it isn't, brains
All his staff are removed.

He still lives in Bolton but I don't think that qualifies him as being related to things BWFC.

He left as manager.

He's no more relevant that Colin Todd or Phil Neal.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:01 pm

oh right, so the fact that he brought in a good percentage of our squad means that he is an irrelevance

christ almighty, I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Batman wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote: I'd be whooping and hollering if we replaced Megson with a bag of ready mix cement, so the chances are I'd be happy.
That really is quite pathetic. IMHO
easy to slag off, harder to justify what you say
this site is going to the dogs, becomes more and more like a playground every day is fools like this here
Hmm pot and kettle springs to mind.

Point is some people like LK are only interested in Megson and hence the club failing. Which is in my view pathetic and really such "supporters" damage a clubs reputation.

Others like W4E and DSB are on the record for not liking Megson but at least they are still after the club succeeding and will be happy if they do under Megson.
No, I don't want him to fail, that would be a waste of my time and money every other week.

If you take your head from out of Megsons behind for a fraction of a second you would notice lower crowds, poor tactics, boring football. It isn't me or 'my kind' that are ruining the club.
All things he inherited from Lee and Allardyce.

His tactics are no different to Allardyce's who you rate I presume?

His football is more entertaining than much of our last 2 seasons under Allardyce. Cast your mind back to City at home (0-0) or Watford home and away, Sheff Utd at home, Spurs and Boro away, Man U away, blackburn at home, Reading at home.

Thats just off the top of my head.

Megson has at least acknowledged that we are one dimensional and he's trying to change how we play to play a shorter game at times with more passes and more width. Try criticising Allardyce's football see what he says. The crowds were dropping under Allardyce, plenty of posts from people moaning about Allardyce's football before he was sacked, saying they wouldn't be returning.

If you listen to what Megson says he is trying to do a LOT of it makes sense.You can see some of it happening on the pitch.

It takes time for everything to click.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Batman wrote:oh right, so the fact that he brought in a good percentage of our squad means that he is an irrelevance

christ almighty, I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm
Of our first team he signed Nolan, Davies, Samuel.

3/11.

A good percentage?

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:09 pm

brought in
and brought through

D E V E L O P E D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Batman wrote:brought in
and brought through

D E V E L O P E D
Nice try.

You just didn't think your original point through.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:15 pm

ah here we go

another debate ends early because of a lack of conviction in the beliefs that you have pinched from elsewhere

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:16 pm

Batman wrote:ah here we go

another debate ends early because of a lack of conviction in the beliefs that you have pinched from elsewhere
Just keep telling yourself that. One day you might even believe it.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 pm

firm belief in my convictions, cheers

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palexjones » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:23 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Batman wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:[quote="Lord Kangana
[

Got to strongly disagree with you there LK, Lower crowds are affecting all clubs, we are far from alone with this. The biggest single reason the crowds are dropping is the economic climate when energy prices rise 20+%, fuel is through the roof and between them everything else we need just to survive goes up there is not so much left to pay for exspensive football tickets

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:34 pm

Megson is being left with the unenviable task of repairing the damage that Allardyce & Lee did to the club and the reason Megson is not the fan favourite is cos everyone's an impatient f**ker and he's taking his time! BUT the football is the same as it was under Allardyce and people complained then! Yet when we tried pretty football under Lee, we were battered and people complained!! GO FIGURE?!?!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Megson is being left with the unenviable task of repairing the damage that Allardyce

be careful

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:37 pm

You know what I mean pal! Allardyce ripped our backroom staff apart! Lee didn't invest in the youth and brought some right sh** in! THAT damage

oh and Lee left us bottom with 5 points from a possible 30....but I believe Meggers may have brought that one up
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:39 pm

not sure what you are trying to say, but for anyone to compare megson to sam is a joke

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Batman wrote:oh right, so the fact that he brought in a good percentage of our squad means that he is an irrelevance

:shock: Batdalf?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Not comparing Megson to Sam at all. I love Allardyce and always will, despite what he did.

Allardyce is the best manager this club has ever had and for anyone to criticise his tenure is an idiot!