West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:23 am

Prufrock wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:Got to feel a bit sorry for West Ham fans. Reading this Premier League relegation blog it seems they're welcoming the Gold/Sullivan take over. I'm pretty sure Birmingham fans would have a few choice words to say about them... Still, it looks like the only alternative was administration.

Wait, what am I saying, feel sorry for West Ham fans... Let's hope Gold/Sullivan bring a new era of chaos for them... :D
Dammit, now I have to do some work!
resist the temptation Pru :mrgreen:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 pm

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:42 pm

"We are going to ask everyone at the club to voluntarily take a wage reduction,"
"anyone unhappy with the request can leave the club."
:crazy:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:44 pm

"We had a player liaison officer who just drove a few of the players around and he was paid £50,000 a year,"
:shock:

they just make it too easy don't they!!!! :lmfao:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:42 pm

thebish wrote:
"We had a player liaison officer who just drove a few of the players around and he was paid £50,000 a year,"

Liverpool have someone similar who is a friend of a friend - I'm sure most clubs do. He got the job due to being decent at Spanish, and his jobs include taking players to the supermarket, driving them round or ringing taxis for them, taking care of changing light bulbs in houses if they break in the middle of the night etc etc etc. Basically he has to help the players at the drop of a hat 24/7. Their bitch if you like.

The great thing is he wonders why he has no luck with the ladies despite being 'the next best thing to a premier league footballer' :mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:55 pm

jimbo wrote:
thebish wrote:

Liverpool have someone similar who is a friend of a friend - I'm sure most clubs do. He got the job due to being decent at Spanish, and his jobs include taking players to the supermarket, driving them round or ringing taxis for them, taking care of changing light bulbs in houses if they break in the middle of the night etc etc etc. Basically he has to help the players at the drop of a hat 24/7. Their bitch if you like.

The great thing is he wonders why he has no luck with the ladies despite being 'the next best thing to a premier league footballer' :mrgreen:
We had one under Allardyce. We may well still have!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jimbo wrote:
thebish wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised. Footballers have the independance of a 9 year old, with everything put on a plate for them from the time they join academies. Put them in the real world and they wouldn't have a fookin clue.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jimbo wrote:
thebish wrote:

Bloke I know does alot of stuff for one or two players

One player in particular

I assumed he wasn't a club employee
Sto ut Serviam

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jimbo wrote:
thebish wrote:

In fact, if you recall, Okocha was desperately lonely in his first few weeks and his early form showed this.

The suggestion was that, having bought him, we simply stuck him in the De Vere Whiote's and pointed outhow to get to Euxton for training.

After a few weeks someone was allocated to him who helped him find a home, get the family into schools, buy cars, show them the local sights etc., etc. Only then did he begin to settle.

If people are being paid these sorts of amounts it makes sense. Not sure £50k is best value though.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:06 pm

I don't see that as much of an issue. Paying the chief car park attendant £77,000 pa is probably a little on the inflated side, though. And thats from the mouth of Gold himself.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

fozzy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fozzy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:06 pm

thebish wrote:
"We are going to ask everyone at the club to voluntarily take a wage reduction,"
F*cks sake, I wish he'd keep his mouth shut.

Zola is now stating his unhappiness about the timing of the remarks so he'll be on his way soon...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:07 pm

fozzy wrote:
thebish wrote:
F*cks sake, I wish he'd keep his mouth shut.

Zola is now stating his unhappiness about the timing of the remarks so he'll be on his way soon...
I thought that myself when he was on the radio. You'll have to excuse me when I say that it'll act in our (and everyone else's in the relegation fight) favour. Rank bad timing really. Theres a chance he'll p*ss a lot of people off.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I don't see that as much of an issue. Paying the chief car park attendant £77,000 pa is probably a little on the inflated side, though. And thats from the mouth of Gold himself.
Is that for real ??

London Weighting's one thing, but b-hell !!

Mind you ...
Kieron Dyer's time at West Ham could cost the club a staggering £30m over the course of his four-year contract. The midfielder has started only five league matches in his two-and-a-half years at Upton Park and has yet to score.
Full story: Daily Mail
This big-time Charlie isn't all he's cracked-up to be as he doesn't shoot as much as he used to and he went to pot and now the papers are doing a line on him (see what I did there ??)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Kieron Dyer's time at West Ham could cost the club a staggering £30m over the course of his four-year contract. The midfielder has started only five league matches in his two-and-a-half years at Upton Park and has yet to score.
Full story: Daily Mail
This big-time Charlie isn't all he's cracked-up to be as he doesn't shoot as much as he used to and he went to pot and now the papers are doing a line on him (see what I did there ??)
Sorry - don't get it. Not so much as a sniff.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Players liaison officers are money well spent, only have to read Darius Vassell's blog to see what can happen to players in foreign countries without.

They won't know what a TV licence is for instance, or if they buy somewhere what should the workmen be charging for doing maintenance, what's a good school for their kids etc.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Athers wrote:Players liaison officers are money well spent, only have to read Darius Vassell's blog to see what can happen to players in foreign countries without.

They won't know what a TV licence is for instance, or if they buy somewhere what should the workmen be charging for doing maintenance, what's a good school for their kids etc.

maybe - BUT - if I was paying someone a squillion quid a week I'd expect them to pay for their own buy-in help ffs!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:04 pm

thebish wrote:
Athers wrote:Players liaison officers are money well spent, only have to read Darius Vassell's blog to see what can happen to players in foreign countries without.

maybe - BUT - if I was paying someone a squillion quid a week I'd expect them to pay for their own buy-in help ffs!!!
Yeah, theoretically sound, bish, but in practice all a footballer should need to concern himself with is playing football.
No player as far as I know has left our place because he's homesick and if we pay people to make sure that that's the case then that's fine by me.
And anyway, up to now in Tesco Horwich I've seen Gardner, Diouf, Pedersen and........ get this....... Ali Al Habsi and his Mrs who were deciding which ironing board to buy, so I'm doubting that our lot have their arses wiped - they're just taken care of.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jimbo wrote:
thebish wrote:

:mrgreen:
Naww Megson sacked him and took you on you fool

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:17 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

Yeah, theoretically sound, bish, but in practice all a footballer should need to concern himself with is playing football.
(shakes head and tuts like a grumpy old codger!!)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 am

I bet he paid mill owner for't privelage of working an' all.