Citeh Crisis: Sven Gormless wants 10 new players.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:37 pm

bw@bw wrote:So which reputation, and which failings.

As a club manager Sven has one of the best long term records across Europe.

And as England manager he got us to the last 8 of every competition we entered - even after Keegan had made us all give up on qualification.

No other England manager since Ramsey, who had the advantage of playing at home, has had us up with the best for so long.

And my money is on Maclaren making Sven look even better
The team picked itself, he let the players boss him around, his squad selection for World Cup 2006 was hilarious, and he made all the wrong headlines. As for the last 8 of every competition, I would think that's a given considering the seeding and qualification system, though McClaren seems to be doing his best to challenge that.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:10 pm

warthog wrote:
Bench wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Yeah i agree. Unfortunately Sven is a very good manager and with money behind him i reckon City could find themselves challenging us and the other sides around us.

Lets run a quick analysis of this.

1. The season kicks off in less than a month.

2. Citeh defy all the odds and bring in 10 players - some with outstanding pedigrees, most with less so - spending £40m in the process all before the beginning of the season. By my reckoning that's almost 2 players a week with Sven only being in a job for a week. Some going that.

3. New look Citeh team, who have never played together before in a competitive match and have only trained a couple of times at most, get thumped 3-0 the first three games in a row.

4. Confidence takes a huge beasting as Citeh, quite literally, cannot buy a win.

5. Citeh in the relegation zone by Xmas.

6. In a panic, Tamzin Shiniwhatever sacks the bumbling Swede by January.

Game over. Job's a good 'un.
Shinawatra will sack Sven from a prison cell having been snatched by the Thai secret service and made to stand trial at home. At this point the rest of his assets will be siezed and there'll be a major argument between the government of Thailand and Manchester Council over who owns City's stadium.
Any chance we could do something with all this on the front page?

MWAH-HA-HA-HA :lol:
Smarties have answers.....

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:16 pm

Nolan is the size of three of those ten.......

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:26 pm

Batman wrote:Nolan is the size of three of those ten.......

:zzz:
Smarties have answers.....